“Conference with excellent customer service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #4 of 124 Hotels in Sofia
Belgrade, Serbia
“Conference with excellent customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

In fall 2012 my organization held an international conference at the Hilton Sofia. We could not have been more pleased at the professional service we were provided both in planning the conference and during our stay. Everyone in the hotel was beyond helpful, with many going out of their way to support us. The hotel sent a driver to meet one delegate at the airport, who arrived very ill. The driver stopped at a pharmacy on the way to the hotel, bought some medicine for the guest, and arranged to have it billed to their room. This is not the sort of service that you can find just anywhere.

The hotel rooms were clean and comfortable; the conference rooms met our needs more than adequately, and Alexandra, our contact for arranging the conference itself, was incredibly accommodating with our requests and last-minute changes. Even day-of changes were accommodated without complaint or issue. And the food-- what can I say, we had most meals in the Hilton and were happy to do so. Breakfast and lunch were both huge buffets with many options, which was great for a big group that required vegetarian, halal and non-beef diets. The desserts were delicious and we all ate way more than we should have.

I would certainly hold a conference here in the future, given the opportunity. I did not meet one single Hilton employee-- from the manager to the front desk to the young men that did airport pickups to housekeepers to the restaurant-- who did not provide service with a smile and a positive attitude. This is not always the case in the region-- this Hilton is to be commended for its excellent training of staff and its staff to be commended for the pride they take in their work.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
sreiter, General Manager at Hilton Sofia, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear sch908,

Thank you for your positive feedback on this website and I wanted to personally respond and thank you.

I was very proud to read that our friendly and efficient team treated you with utmost care and would be happy to pass your nice comments to Alexandra!

It was a real pleasure for me to see that the hotels facilities and the service provided by our team made your conference a pleasant experience. Such positive comments further motivate me and my team to maintain the high level of service we provide for our guests.

We would be really glad to be your preferred choice for your future visits in Bulgaria.

Once again, on behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for the kind comments and will be looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back under our roof, soon

Hilton Sofia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Budapest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Hilton Sofia is between the National Palace of Culture and the CCS - City Center Sofia shopping mall. It is also reasonably close to Vitosha Boulvard even by foot. Rooms are clean and well equped according to Hilton standards. So you should not expect any negative suprise. I'm travelling to Sofia a few times a year but this was the first time to stay at Hilton. You can find a number of clean and nice small hotels in the area but this time Hilton had the same price of 55EUR/nigth. (Breakfast and internet is not included). Worth to check for promotions!

Dear Gpeti,
Thank you very much for choosing Hilton Sofia for your recent visit to Bulgaria!
I was happy to understand that you enjoyed your stay with us!
Thank you for sharing your experience and for your nice comments!
Looking forward to welcoming you back under our roof!

Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This has been the best Hilton Hotel that I've utilized for one of my business trips. Service was outstanding. The staff is very friendly and they try their best to acomodate you in any way. I loved the sauna inside the hotel. The breakfast buffet is excellent. Hotel is located near The National Palace of Culture. You can walk straight downtown Sofia and enjoy the various restaurants, clubs and sights.

Room Tip: Choose room facing the south side of the hotel. Beautiful view of mountains.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear donbacardi,

Thank you for posting this detailed review on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy to find that you were satisfied with our famous Hilton Breakfast, the ambience of the room and location of the hotel.
Please rest assured that I will share your positive comment with the team as this will further motivate them to keep up the good work they are doing in making our guests feel valued and cared for.
Once again, thank you for your visit and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back under our roof.

Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Nice hotel with good amenities and great service. It's either new or freshly renovated. The only downsides are:
- Breakfast is not included in the stay and costs $25 per person.
- The use of the computer / business room is not free (there is a fee per minute of computer usage)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear RodiT,
Thank you for sharing your Hilton Sofia experience.
I was glad to read that you were satisfied with the hotel ambiance and services provided.
Further to your Internet comment, please be informed that as of February we implemented free Internet in all public areas of the hotel, hopefully to the satisfaction of all our guests.
Regarding the breakfast, we offer different room rates – inclusive or exclusive of breakfast. It would be great if you contact our Reservations Department on sofia.reservations@hilton.com when booking your next stay in order to be offered the best option which would perfectly meet your needs.
Thank you once again for your nice comments and look forward to welcoming you at the Hilton Sofia.

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Staying at the Hilton Sofia for the second time I can only reconfirm the impressions of my first stay. The hotel is located close to the Vitosha boulevard which brings you directly to the city center. Food, breakfast and dinner, is of very good quality. The offered selection of local wines is also tempting. Rooms are spacious and equipped with all modern comfort. But most of all, the amazing helpfulness of the staff, from waiter to night manager, made my stay unforgettable. They all try to speak and understand English and are very polite. I would definitively recommend the relaxing massage service offered at the SPA. If for any reason I have to go back to Sofia again I'll for sure choose this Hilton as my home port.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear aballero1302,
Thank you for taking the time to post your nice review on TripAdvisor site.
It was a pleasure to understand that you were satisfied with your second visit with us and you enjoyed the Hilton Sofia experience!
As we strive to maintain a consistent level of Hilton hospitality, we highly value the feedback of our guests.

Thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you back under our roof!

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The least attractive thing about this hotel first: the building seen from outside. Very modern without an attractice design and not very appealing. But that's about it, I loved all the rest of this hotel.
The hotel is very modern inside as well, but with a nice feeling to it! The rooms are standard Hilton quality, functional, don't expect anything extraordinary. But I enjoyed staying in my room on the 8th floor. My view was not sensational, but quite nice and in the morning, you could see the sun rise over Sofia. With the snow it looked very beautiful. From the window at the end of the aisle you could see the mountains, a great sight. I guess there should be some rooms towards the back of the hotel from where you'd have he same view.
The Hilton is conveniently located, a ten-minute-walk from the historic and commercial center, if you need to buy something, there is a ( small ) shopping mall right behind the hotel, with a big supermarket on the lower level.
The fitness room of the hotel is not huge, but big enough for several people to do their work out at the same time. It is accessible 24/24 and has everything you need.The spa is open until 10 pm during the week, nice sauna and steam room and a little square pool - too small if you want to swim, but nice if you want to relax after the sauna.

I found all of the staff extremely attentive, friendly, helpful and I loved the breakfast, perfect mix of international and Bulgarian food. If you like dairy products you should try the Bulgarian strained yoghurt and have it with a selection of nuts and honey, what a treat!
I had a great time staying there and would definitely stay there again if I should go back to Sofia.

Room Tip: The rooms towards the back should have a beauiful view towards the mountains, judging by the view fr...
Dear Sunstar1019,

I would like to thank you for your detailed review and letting others know of your nice experience at the Hilton Sofia.
It was a pleasure for me to read that you remained very happy with the friendliness of our team, the guestroom ambiance and facilities – we will do our best to keep up the good work.
I would like to assure you that we are always working on delivery a top service to our guests!
Your feedback is very important to us and has been highly appreciated!

Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Sofia. Although the hotel is supposedly about ten years old, the hotel seems to be much newer – in a positive way. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are attractive, and the breakfast in the restaurant, although a bit overpriced, is excellent. The hotel is not far from Sofia’s central area, but too far to walk for most people. There are no restaurants in the immediate area, with the exception of a 24-hour MacDonald’s across a busy street. The hotel offers shuttle service to and from the airport for 30 Lev or 15 Euros, but most taxis will be less expensive. I paid 13 Lev to return to the airport from the hotel. All taxis in Sofia seem to have meters, but the rates per km vary considerably. Many taxis have a sticker in their windows with the rates, which typically range from about .8 to .9 Lev per km. Be careful, however, because some taxis are considerably more expensive. The “OK” taxis seem to be fairly priced.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view.
Dear RichT529,
I would like to thank you for your detailed review, highlighting the pleasant experience you enjoyed at Hilton Sofia.
I was delighted to receive your kind comments. It was great to learn that you remained very happy with our services and facilities.
Thank you once again and looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on many more visits to come!

Hilton Sofia

Been to Hilton Sofia? Share your experiences!