In fall 2012 my organization held an international conference at the Hilton Sofia. We could not have been more pleased at the professional service we were provided both in planning the conference and during our stay. Everyone in the hotel was beyond helpful, with many going out of their way to support us. The hotel sent a driver to meet one delegate at the airport, who arrived very ill. The driver stopped at a pharmacy on the way to the hotel, bought some medicine for the guest, and arranged to have it billed to their room. This is not the sort of service that you can find just anywhere.
The hotel rooms were clean and comfortable; the conference rooms met our needs more than adequately, and Alexandra, our contact for arranging the conference itself, was incredibly accommodating with our requests and last-minute changes. Even day-of changes were accommodated without complaint or issue. And the food-- what can I say, we had most meals in the Hilton and were happy to do so. Breakfast and lunch were both huge buffets with many options, which was great for a big group that required vegetarian, halal and non-beef diets. The desserts were delicious and we all ate way more than we should have.
I would certainly hold a conference here in the future, given the opportunity. I did not meet one single Hilton employee-- from the manager to the front desk to the young men that did airport pickups to housekeepers to the restaurant-- who did not provide service with a smile and a positive attitude. This is not always the case in the region-- this Hilton is to be commended for its excellent training of staff and its staff to be commended for the pride they take in their work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Sofia has the perfect location in the heart of the city, opposite the Sofia Congress Centre (National Palace of Culture), surrounded by the South Park and overlooking the Vitosha Mountain. Hotel guests are near the commercial district and government offices. Boutiques, restaurants and nightclubs are within walking distance, while Sofia International Airport lies 13 km to the east, an approximate 20 minute transfer. With 245 rooms on 8 floors, equipped with the most modern in-room facilities, 2 Executive Floors and brand new Executive Lounge, Health Club with in-door pool and 24/7 Fitness by Precor, Hilton Sofia is the perfect choice of the modern traveler. Spacious, stylish and modern venues, resplendent with natural light, provide you with an unparalleled environment in which to work and relax. From the daily airport shuttle to the multifunctional meeting facilities, creative food service and elegant dining: enjoy the Hilton Sofia experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Hilton Sofia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sofia Hotel Sofia
- Hilton International Sofia
- Sofia Hilton International