“Great hotel, central location” 4 of 5 stars

Sofia Hotel Balkan
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 Sveta Nedelya Square, Sofia 1000, Bulgaria   |
Ranked #27 of 122 Hotels in Sofia
London, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, central location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located in central Sofia just outside of the main metro station, Serdika. Note, the name Sheraton is not displayed on the hotel, it is called the Balkan Hotel instead. It is very easy to walk to everything from the hotel and the tram also runs outside of the hotel. The only downside was the bed was so hard, it was difficult to sleep. I would not let this stop you from choosing this hotel because everything else about it was great. There is a casino in the hotel for those that want something to do all night and there is a street with food options to the left of the hotel entrance and lovely historical buildings behind the hotel. There are even Roman ruins located about 50 meters from the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
GMSheratonSofia, General Manager at Sofia Hotel Balkan, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to share with you that I am really happy to see you have enjoyed your stay with us and the members of our staff have fulfilled your expectations.

Your valuable comments will help us to improve on even more our standards and of course our facilities.

Once again thank you very much for your invaluable input and we are looking forward to welcoming you again in the Sofia Hotel Balkan A Luxury Collection Hotel.

Athanasios Pantazis,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have been staying in this hotel for last two months and I will be here for one more month. I love this hotel and I recommend everyone who comes in Sofia to stay here and enjoy there best in business services provided by their completely dedicated staff.

Room Tip: You can choose from a variety of rooms depending upon your budget.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

May I thank you, for sharing your thoughts about the services and facilities experiences during your stay at the Sofia Hotel Balkan A Luxury Collection Hotel.

I am very preased to see thet you have enjoyed your stay with us and members of our staff have fulfilled your expectations.

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My best friends' wedding was in Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan last year. Everything was well-organized. The stuff was very helpful and kind. The location of the hotel is great, it is next to the most important institutions of Bulgarian government such as - Council of Ministers, President's office, National bank, etc. The rooms are big and clean. Of course the food was 5-star cooked and delicious. Fantastic hotel, which made my friends' wedding unforgettable

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to sincerely thank you for sharing your positive thoughts and feelings regarding your memorable stay at the Sofia Hotel Balkan A Luxury Collection Hotel.

I was very pleased to read that the members of our staff have fulfilled your expectations and you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel.

It is through responses like yours that we can evaluate our services and I thank you once more. Let me assure you that your sincere and kind comments have already been shared between all our team members.

Thank you for your kind words!

Kfar Saba, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

nice hotel, very good location, very good service. Nice view to the historical garden,
The hotel is very clean also the room is large and clean.
very good food in the mornining. Nice bar and the price arr good. I did not like the food at dinner.

• Stayed September 2013
GMSheratonSofia, General Manager at Sofia Hotel Balkan, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Your valuable comments will help us to improve on even more our standards.

Once again thank you very much for your invaluable input and we are looking forward to welcoming you again at the Sofia Hotel Balkan A Luxury Collection Hotel.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

After a week skiiing and drinking heavily we found ourselves wondering around Sofia desperately looking for somewhere to stay. From the outside I thought it would be well out of our price range, but the staff took pity and gave us a very reasonable deal. The hotel is lovely and the rooms were very luxurious. My single bed was about 4ft high with thick, comfortable bedding. I had a great nights sleep. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Let me thank you for your time taken to write such a positive comments regarding your stay at the Sofia Hotel Balkan a Luxury Collection Hotel!

I am very pleased to see that you and your travel fellows have enjoyed the services at our hotel and that our employees have made your stay an enjoyable one.

Your positive comments will stimulate our staff to maintain and even exceed the excellent quality of service and thank you once more.

Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Good location for a supposedly 5 stars hotel in old communist party building. Rooms are large, corridors even more but he main problem is that communist party disappeared some 23 years ago and hotel wasn't refurbished since then - rooms are, if not dirty then at least not spotless, furniture remembers old regime and the staff was clearly trained back then. It is pity as hotel has great potential but still not fully used.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time taken to share your thoughts and your recent experience during your stay with us.

I assure you that your comments are already taken under serious consideration, especially those about refurbishment.

Once again thank you very much for your valuable input!

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This old lady just feels like roaylty.. Smells a bit like grandma and the furniture in the rooms and all over is quite the old grandma style..but still manages to hold on to its elegant history even if its quite tired. Service level seems to be definitly up to SPG standards which is saying alot in Bulgaria. I would highly recommend this as a safe and royal spot to check out sofia.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GMSheratonSofia, General Manager at Sofia Hotel Balkan, responded to this review, September 18, 2013

Athanasios Pantazis

Been to Sofia Hotel Balkan? Share your experiences!