“Amazing People, even Better Food! Get the Bison :)” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing People, even Better Food! Get the Bison :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Sidoniya is a marvelous chef and the service is top-notch. I can say this in utter honesty, I spent 3-months in Sofia and have seen it all, culinary speaking. In fact, spend more than a week in Sofia and you'l realize quickly what I mean. When service and food are lacking at other places heading to Sidoniya is like an oasis.

Friendly and warm environment and even the occasional celebrity! (I actually ended up having dinner with Haddaway, from 'Baby Don't Hurt Me' fame (think the Night at the Roxbury skit from Saturday Night Live:)

Thanks a lot guys, can't wait to return!!!

• Greek first
Varna, Bulgaria
“Splendor and delicacies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The best food I've ever tried
If you're a fan of Canadian bison tenderloyn this is the only place where you can try at Bulgari.
When we entered we were greeted by an elegant hostess. She settled into our lovely table in the garden. The service was perfect, with every bite is coming ever closer to heaven. Drinks and wine list were rich and could satisfy the most demanding customer. The quality we got, the price was worth it, the bill was perfectly acceptable and reasonable.

• Visited October 2012
Reston, Virginia
“Simply Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I visited Sidoniya for the first time and had a wonderful experience. First the outdoor setting in a large courtyard gave us privacy and a nice dining environment. Then the chef - Sidonya herself - visited to introduce herself and get us started. She's a warm outgoing and gregarious woman and a fine hostess. But then came the food - the real highlight. Everything our group ordered was superb, in its flavors, textures and presentation. Sidonya returned repeatedly and made us feel as if we were in her home as her guests. All in all a fine dining experience worthy of much more cosmopolitan cities. I'll be retunring soon - can't wait!

Note that she is no longer located in Serdica area but now just off of Bulgaria Blvd. Its a bit hard to find but your efforts will be well rewarded.

Varna, Bulgaria
“Wonderful menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

When I want to eat somethink delicious i know where to go :) Sidonya's restaurant.... The food is prepared with love and is so tasty, but my favorite part is when I eat my dessert.... The desserts are so unique.

• Visited August 2012
Sofia, Grad Sofiya, Bulgaria
“great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

this is the greatest place in Bulgaria with delicious food, perfect service and big choice of wines. I recommended to everybody, who likes personal touch