“Nice idea in a city to discover” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Free Sofia Tour

Free Sofia Tour
Corner of Alabin Str. and 2 Vitosha Blvd., Sofia 1000, Bulgaria (Oborishte)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 43 Activities in Sofia
More attraction details
Owner description: The free English-language sightseeing walking tour of Bulgaria’s capital. Every day, twice a day - 11 AM & 6 PM. No reservation required. Just show up! Duration - around 2 hours. Start: corner of the Palace of Justice. End: National Parliament.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Pozzallo, Italy
“Nice idea in a city to discover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

A complete tour of the city centre where the guide guys tell you with so much entusiasm the history and describe the beauties of their city! I recomend to do it on the first day of visit and compliments to all the nice guys who give you this opportunity free of costs! Thank you guys!!!
Aurelio

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Coimbra, Portugal
“Dima did her best, for an Excellent tour, under 2h”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Dima, our nice tour guide, did her best, engaging us and with us, sprinkling humor, history, and a sense of pace, for an Excellent tour, under 2h. We were mostly youngish people, able to stand and walk for 2h; Dima made questions, upon which distributed token gifts about what we were seeing and the country/history; she was also always wiling to answer questions.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Great tour with Vicky!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I've been to a couple of similar tours in the past and was a little dubious about it at first, I decided to give it a go because of the reviews I'd read on here. I was with my feyoncee and his mother who are both Scottish and this was their first visit to Sofia. I am originally from Sofia and though I knew the sights we got taken to, I knew little to nothing about their history. The tour was incredibly well presented, humorous and interesting. Considering that its free and the guides are volunteers makes it even more amazing. I'd strongly recommend it to anyone visiting the city of Sofia. Keep up the good work guys, we'll be back in summer with more of our pals:).

New York City, New York
9 attraction reviews
“My 11:00 tour with Niki”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

My name is Walter Bauer from New York City. I too am a tour guide at the Cathedral Church of St John the Divine in NYC. I took Niki's tour just last week at 11:00. I feel obliged to praise Niki for his fantastic tour of Sofia. As a history buff I was so very impressed with Niki's knowledge and erudition. His tour was not only very informative; it was great fun. I truly enjoyed having lunch afterwards with Niki and some of the travelers who had decided to stay on. Our conversations with Niki were absolutely stimulating. It's only been a week since this unforgettable experience and I already miss Sofia. This in large part was due to my tour experience. I wholeheartedly praise Niki and the walking tours in general and must add that Free Sofia Walking Tour is quite fortunate to have such an incredible guide such as Niki. I remain with overwhelming satisfaction. Truly yours, Walter Bauer

Visited February 2014
Kaunas, Lithuania
5 attraction reviews
“Free walking tour in sofia - the best way to know the capital”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

The free Sofia tour - really the best way to know the city. The guide was so nice,funny and friendly. The tour took almost two hours and than additional 30 min, because he showed us nice bars!!
We found out so nice little things, which can be known just by the locals!
Biggest recommendations!!