“Good gastronomy in the centre of Sofia” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cactus

Cactus
Hristo Belchev, Sofia, Bulgaria (Oborishte)
Improve this listing
Ranked #109 of 509 Restaurants in Sofia
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Oborishte
Clisson, France
“Good gastronomy in the centre of Sofia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We went to this restaurant by mistake, thinking it was the one next door, but were very pleased with out mistake!
We both had the duck filet stuffed with fois gras. it was excellent: perfectly cooked with the meat still 'rosé' and the fois gras firm. Served with asparagus and hot bread, the one dish was quite adequate for a meal. The decor was mixed - posters of film stars and more traditional pictures, but the surroundings were overall pleasant. We had a crisp white from 'No Man'sLand': a good wine at a reasonable price. Overall, very good value for money. The service could have been friendlier: it was rather cold and brusk.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
seattle
“five stars experience at 3 stars prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This place is a must when in Sofia. We enjoyed our first meal there so much we went back a second time and enjoyed it even more. The food is imaginative and delicious. We had the same waiter both times, and he made excellent suggestions about what to order, both for food and wine.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Moscow, Russia
“Gorgeous place. Duck roll with fuagra was delicious. Camembert backed with honey and wholenut was sencasional. I'm definately co”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Gorgeous place. Duck roll with fuagra was delicious. Camembert backed with honey and wholenut was sencasional. I'm definately come back here!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester
“It might have been good, but I'll never know”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I visited on a Thursday night in September at about 20:00. It was warm so I wanted to sit on the 'terrace' (actually about 10 tables for 4 on the pavement outside the restaurant but there are glass walls and a fabric roof which make it seem like an additional room).
Despite a table being free and another with only 1 person, I was told that it was restaurant policy that outside tables are not used by solo diners when its a busy evening despite none of the tables being booked. I left and went to the restaurant next door where I was allowed to sit at a table on the terrace.
About an hour later after finishing my meal, I walked past and this time saw 3 empty tables and 2 others with solo diners. I wont be back.

Visited September 2013
Ynys Môn
“Good food ... but small portions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The food we had was delicious enough, but the portions were a touch too small. The vegetarian menu offering chicken also made me chuckle!!

• Visited September 2013