“Do not agree to downgrade!” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Boutique 36
Safvet bega Basagica 36, Sarajevo 71000, Bosnia and Herzegovina   |
Ranked #12 of 53 Hotels in Sarajevo
Arvika, Sweden
“Do not agree to downgrade!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I just spent 4 nights in the Boutique 36, and overall it was a nice experience. Location is great, with waking distance to many major sights, and with a little good will also to the main bus nd train station. Staff was very helpful, and ready to answe any question that I had.
The first 3 nights, I had a double room for single use. It was very clean, with good air conditioning, although facing a busy street a little noisy.
Due to a lack of rooms, I was asked to change to a single room for my last night and I agreed happily, thinking that the single room would be just as good as the double, only with one bed instead of two. The room was nice looking, but it was on the lower ground floor and extremely hot. It had a cooler, but this was so noisy that when it was absolutely impossible to watch tv, let alone sleep. I am not blaming the hotel staff here, I should have asked to see the room first, and to listen to the cooler.

Room Tip: As for a room that does not face the street.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Turkish first
Verona, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Perfect position, is a minute walking to PiGeon's square but away from the heavy Sarajevo traffic. The room was big enogh for all our stuff there was a small frige where we could keep some food and drinks.the room was very clean, breakfast was big and fresh everyday. The staff was helpful and kind, they made our stay in Sarayevo very pleasant.

• Stayed August 2013
Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Location is good, close to "bascarsija", old part of town which then stretches to downtown center. Parking almost doesn't exist, you park at the street if you can find the space. I must say the reception workers were nice and helpful, they greeted us kindly, but I was disappointed how I was misled by room photos from their website. The reality is that the room was 2x smaller than I anticipated. Bathroom was literally 1m away from the bed and you could barely turn around in the room. Breakfast was OK, but again, not what I thought it'd be and wasn't worth the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The location of the hotel is great, not too far from the old town area. Taxi rank and tram stop is five minutes’ walk. Take tram 1 from train/bus station. It costs 1.60KM. Don’t forget to stamp the ticket! Staffs were very friendly and helpful. They even let me use their internet as I did not have my own laptop. The rooms were equipped with AC, Fridge and TV. Breakfast was good but cold and could do with more choices. I arrived from Mostar by train. I must recommend the journey, it is very scenic. If you travel by bus then sit on left side. A day pass in Sarajevo costs 5.30KM. You can only obtain this from a kiosk behind the cathedral. Only snag was a prayer call at 4am in the morning.

Room Tip: Room away from front. One at the top is nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
World
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Location is great, just 3 minute walk from the pigeon's square (down-town center)

The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Sead, the owner, picked me up from the airport in his shuttle bus for free. Andrea, Eldina, Vildana, Azra and Sanela were all great and made my stay very pleasant.

The breakfast was very good with freshly-served Bosnian coffee and fresh bread, fruits, cheeses and veggies. Cereal and milk are also served.

Rooms are clean and equipped with a fridge, A/C, hair dryer, a desk, a telephone and a flat screen TV

The WiFi speed was good.

I highly recommend this hotel for solo and traveling couples.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are quieter
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Hotel is very close to old city center. Rooms are clean although not very big. Staff is really, really helpful and friendly. They organize free transfer from and to airport which is a very big advantage.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Arrived and had to be buzzed in. The gal working to check us in was nice and took us to our tiny room. Not what we thought the room would be. Knowing it was the off season we asked for a larger room which they gave us after the first night in the smaller room. We went from a 60 square foot room to a 120 square foot room, which after traveling for 2 weeks, we needed the space. When I say cold customer service, isn't a bad thing for me. I don't need over the top happy go lucky service. Breakfast was good and arriving for breakfast wasn't a warm hello or anything. Fine with me. More importantly, the rooms were clean, nicely decorated and had a lot of channels on the TV. There was noise outside but that's not an issue for me. Wear ear plugs if you don't want to deal with it. Price was good and we were just around the corner from old town Sarajevo. Sorry. I thought I had photos of the actual hotel.

Room Tip: I would request one of the bigger rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Boutique 36? Share your experiences!