“FANTASTIC! A MUST SEE/DO !” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 29 Activities in Sarajevo
More attraction details
Owner description: We believe one the of the most important things in life is to get rid of prejudices and stereotypes in every aspect of life. Our vision in regard of tourism: Sarajevo & Bosnia and Herzegovina - zero prejudice through better understanding and stunning sightseeing. Join us for some great trips throughout Sarajevo and BH to learn and see more in best way possible. Much love!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Northampton, Massachusetts
“FANTASTIC! A MUST SEE/DO !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Our amazing experience with Skender and Sarajevo Funky Tours began as soon as we landed in Sarajevo under cover of darkness. An exceptionally good driver, Skender drove us everywhere, and anywhere we wanted to go. On one long day trip, the twists and turns of the region's history were reflected in the drive from Sarajevo to Srebrenica. Skender shared his extensive knowledge and personal experience in an honest and balanced way. After spending a few days with him, we felt like we started to better understand the complex history of hundreds of years of war and peace in the region. We always felt safe with Skender and he made himself fully available to us throughout our stay. The next time we visit Bosnia, Skender will be the first person we call!

Visited May 2012

london
19 attraction reviews
“Srebrenica tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This was my second time in Sarajevo, and my second tour with Sarajevo Funky Tours, and the guide, Skender. My tour last year was the tunnel museum and battlements - it was truly remarkable, and so doing another tour with Skender was top of my list.

It was a 2.5 hour drive to Srebrenica. Skender's an excellent driver, and the roads are in very good condition, so there should be no problem for usually anxious passengers. Srebrenica is a very picturesque town, layered in a valley of two small mountain ranges that meet to make a tight valley. Potocari is just a couple of kilometres away, and that's where most of the 'action' took place, where the Dutchbat base was, and where the cemetery and memorials now stand. The whole experience is tear-jerking, and Skender's knowledge is phenomenal (and he is able to talk for hours on end). We spent about 5 hour in the cemetery, the museum, talking with a survivor, walking round the now dilapidated Dutchbat quarters, and having a very nice dinner in a restaurant in Srebrenica.

I would highly recommend this tour to anyone who is visiting Bosnia.

Visited November 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“An amazing tour from an amazing tour guide - Srebrenica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I did this tour as a solo traveller, and it was amazing. Skender picked me up from my hotel, and on the drive to Srebrenica through dramatic mountains and forests he described in detail the history surrounding the events that took place there, and the conditions endured during the siege of Sarajevo. His insight and analysis of the situation then and now were exceptional and gave me a real understanding of the complexities at play.

At Srebreneca he introduced me to a survivor of the genocide, who described in detail events as they had occurred in 1995 and the lead up, and showed me around the memorial and museum, housed in the old Dutch UN peacekeepers barracks. This was a valuable experience I will not forget.

It is not everyday I meet someone that I can sit in a car for six hours with (3 hours there and 3 hours back), but Skender is just such a man, I cannot speak highly enough of his dedication and enthusiasm for his country and its past.

Also, when he dropped me at my hotel I realized I left my jacket in his van. I called him, and despite being almost back at his place, he dropped it back to me !!

Thanks again Skender !

Visited November 2012
Luanda, Angola
“Very worthwhile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I'm so happy I went on the Total Siege Tour with Sarajevo Funky Tours. The tour was a highlight of my week in beautiful Sarajevo. This is definitely the best way to see the city and having a guide was ideal. I had a lot of questions and our guide, Skender, had incredible personal insight and is a passionate storyteller. I also got to meet some other very nice tourists. All in all, highly recommended.

Visited July 2012
UK
12 attraction reviews
“Look no further”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

If you are going to Bosnia and need anything (airport transfer, place to stay,tours) just contact funky tours and rest assured.
I contacted Skender and asked for private tours during our 5 day stay in Bosnia as we had our 2 months old baby son with us, Skender organised airport pick up and drop off, sarajevo tour, war tour, Srebrenice and Mostar tours. Our guides could not have been better, both Armina and Salem were great company, spoke very good English, very knowledgable and passionate about Bosnia, they helped us in everyway they could even helped to carry my son's pushchair. We felt home throughout our stay in Bosnia
I do appreciate all they have done and definetely recommend funky tours to anyone heading to Bosnia

Visited October 2012