“Awful” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ahar

You added Hotel Ahar to your Saves list
Hotel Ahar
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Pijacna 82, Sarajevo 71000, Bosnia and Herzegovina   |
Ranked #50 of 75 Sarajevo B&B and Inns
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

When I contacted hotel I asked for king size bed the owner, who happens to work there, said its not a problem. I got a room with 2 small beds connected together... Room was average, with small balcony and view to some hangar and railroad. Train goes by every few hours making noise. The road to hotel is awful. No asphalt, huge puddles, I thought at one point my car tyre will fall off. Owner = rude as hell. Tried to overcharge, and when I refused to pay more then it was said he started yelling and insulting. People like this shouldnt work in hotel industry. I would rather sleep in my car then go to this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012

Families
Business
Hamburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

+ Friendly reception
+ Hotel is geared to business people, but the owners’s mom did our wash anyway – just for a tip. Thanks mom!
+ Clean, large rooms
+ 40 EUR for a double
+ Fast free WiFi
+ Sat TV
+ Free breakfast included
- Hotel seems brand new, cables still come out of the ceiling, window blinds did not work yet properly
- a bit far from the centre (10 min drive) and not signposted, pretty hard to find. Anyway, the owner offers to show you the way there.
- No lift

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
New Milton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

I stayed at Hotel Ahar for 3 nights at the start of my stay in Bosnia, then returned again for the last night. The hotel owner collected me at the airport at 22.00 and made me most welcome on arrival. This was very reassuring as a woman travelling alone to a new country at night. The hotel is spotlessly clean and all decor is in great condition and well maintained. There is wi fi internet access with an excellent connection throughout the building. I was given information about Sarajevo and a lift into the city and shown where to find places of interest and return trams on my first morning. The hotel is situated in a nice quiet area about half hour's very reasonably priced tram ride outside the centre of Sarajevo, making it possible to access the city easily, but enjoy peace and quiet as well. I was given a lift to the station for 07.00 when leaving for a trip to Mostar for a few days, and then picked up again at the station on my return. On my final day I received a lift to the airport for 04.30 in the morning, which was way above and beyond the call of duty! I cannot speak highly enough about this hotel. I booked my trip directly with the hotel, and received promt email communication in excellent English.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Ahar? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Ahar

Address: Pijacna 82, Sarajevo 71000, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina > Sarajevo Canton > Sarajevo
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Airport Transportation
Ranked #50 of 75 B&Bs / Inns in Sarajevo
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Ahar 3*
Hotel Ahar *** in Sarajevo is located in a quiet area of Stup. The hotel management offers a warm welcome and relaxing atmosphere. The rooms are spacious and equipped in accordance with latest world and european standards. In addition to the 24h reception, Hotel Ahar offers guests a summer terrace and grill. Also, we provide our guests a free pick-up service. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Ahar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel Ahar, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.