“Good design and good food, slow service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Tirana, Albania
“Good design and good food, slow service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

"Pasta Da pucci" is a kind of boutique restaurant, french colorful design and nice corners as separes. The food was good both times i've been but the service to slow.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Tirana, Albania
“Great Pasta ruined by the sluggish service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This is a restaurant tugged away in a side street, in the basement of an apartment. No sign outside the door make it difficult to spot, but once you find it is cozy and nicely decorated in a "trattoria" style.
First time I went for a family gathering and the food took a while to be served, but I thought it was due to the fact that they were not used to a party of 7, which is not an extreme number by any means. We liked the food and gave the place the benefit of the doubt so we decided to try it with a couple friend of hours. This time around we were only 4 and the waiting time doubled to the point that we nearly left the place.

We tried different pastas and risottos and both times they were exquisite, if you manage to wait that long. Being an advanced amateur cook myself, I know exactly how long it takes for a pasta to be made and really waiting nearly an hour for a plate of pasta no matter how delicious, it is way too much time wasted.

The service in fact is left to some teenage looking waiters who seem restless and yet we and all the tables around us seemed to wait forever to get served. It is a shame that such good food is ruined by slow and incompetent service. Waiters who do not know how to smile, how to address clients and who seem are learning this profession on the backs of the clients of a newly opened restaurant. I could not think of a worse management strategy for a new restaurant.

I also do not agree with the plate settings. The plates are too small for the amount of food that is served and when the pasta arrives it looks like a it has been piled up. The restaurant should get bigger plates with a deeper middle section which will help the pasta look as good as it tastes and this way get the praise it deserves.

However if they do not make big improvements with the time and standard of service I do not see this restaurant last for long.

Certainly myself and my friends will not return unless we hear from other people of drastic improvements in service.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“The best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Is the best restorant in Albania.the prices are normal(even cheaper).it is an Italian restorant.If you want to eat smth special you can choose ravioli with Tartuffe .

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Malden, Massachusetts
“Cute little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

"Pasta da Pucci" was a true, pleasant surprise for my Italian food needs in late September. The location could be better, but when I entered I felt so charmed from the cuteness of the interior design. It seems like you are eating within a doll's house. I was there on a Friday evening and after 20:00 there were barely some places to sit. The people were very good looking (that appreciate tagliatelle with truffles). Furthermore, the cooking quality was nice (not extraordinary, but enough to leave with pleasure). I did not like much the fact that the waiter was not doing anything beyond his duty, but that's not a real minus. The prices are not cheap and the choice is a bit reduced, but the interior design and the home-made pasta cover everything up. Highly recommended for couples, girl groups and emancipated guy groups :D

• Visited September 2012