“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 70 Hotels in Tirana
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The staff was very porfessinal. The accomodations were great. I would reccommend this hotel to my family and frinds. Great stay, I might stay.

The city life is so vivid. There is a lot to see and do in Tirana. I stayed for a few nights at the hotel. All you need is there, service is excellent. It is nice to have a coffee on their terrace in the shade, the staff is very alert and friendly.

Room Tip: great view from the room I stayed in.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
EvaPumo, Front Office Manager at Diplomat Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you so much for your recommendations.
I absolutely love that you said we have a recipe for happiness here. We want everyone here to be feel like home and, it is great to hear that you felt that.
I am also glad to hear that we were able to be a home away from home for you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Your Sincerely,

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Prizren, Kosovo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed at hotel one night and it was a perfect experience for me.
Staff was really helpful especially if you are newcomer to the city. The restaurant and terrace are really perfect, something that rarely can be found.
Location was also nice for moving around by day or night...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

The hotel has looked after me very well on several business trips. The rooms are spacious, well appointed and clean. It has a good restaurent and terrace on site and it is well situated for access to the city centre by foot or taxi. The staff are friendly and helpful and it is frequently used by international business and leisure visitors. I have been very content with the treatment that I have received there and impressed by the quality of staff and service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
voorhout, the netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a week for business. Although the hotel is on a busy road, they are in the middle of all day life in Tirana. The air conditioned room was very well cleaned, the ladies do a very good job every day. It is nice to have a coffee on their terrace in the shade, the staff is very alert and friendly. They have a nice Italian inspired menu in the restaurant with a balanced choice, there is no reason to go out for dinner, just relax, have a nice glass of wine, look at the streetlife of Tirana and enjoy!

Claudia, the Netherlands

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back or the side if you don't like some noise from the street and traffic.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Santa Rosa, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

On a busy road but ask for a quiet room at the back and you will have a roof garden and sunset views. Huge room, modern furniture with soft (ish) beds and large shower room without a bath but with one of the poky semi circular squeeze in kind so common in Europe! Internet worked as did everything. Probably the equivalent of a 3 star, not more but quite pleasant.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2007

This hotel has a 3 star rating and although it doesnt mean much in the Balkans I am comparing it to previous experience of 3 star rated hotels in the UK.

The hotel is in 2 part and I stayed in the less modern but very well appointed small part of the hotel - it is worth noting that the other part is extremely modern with less of a homely feel to it and is also about 3 blocks away.

I have rated my experience as excellent because the hotel was way above my expectations. The staff bend over backwards to accomodate our large conferencing group, the food was great, the rooms were clean and the whole weekend was a huge success. The inevitable powercuts were dealt with quickly and seemlessly and I really couldnt fault the hotel on any grounds.

I didnt get to see much of Tirana at all on my journey however the hotel is centrally located but also has dedicated drivers that can ferry you to the other part of the hotel if neccesary - it was for us because some of our party were staying there.

The rooms are not huge, but I was staying in a single. My room in particular was a comfortable modern design with a wooden floor which you dont often encounter, with a private shower room equiped with everything I needed for my stay.

All in all a very pleasurable experience and I would much rather pay the money to stay there than somewhere overpriced such as the Sherriton. 10 out of 10 for the Diplomat.

• Liked — The comfort and the friendliness of the staff
  • Disliked — The conference room was in the basement with no natural light
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Diplomat Hotel? Share your experiences!