“Malabo Sipopo” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Malabo Sipopo Le Golf

Save Saved
You added Sofitel Malabo Sipopo Le Golf to your Saves list
Sofitel Malabo Sipopo Le Golf
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Zona Sipopo, notheast Bioko Island | P.O. Box 209, Malabo, Bioko Island 00209, Equatorial Guinea   |
Special Offer
save up to 35%
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Malabo
Mulhouse, France
“Malabo Sipopo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Very nice hotel,very friendly and lovely staff, helpful.Great stay.Nice spa Nice golf, fantastic area!
Very clean rooms, well decorated, good bed.
Very good "sunday brunch" with nice local decorations and tasty food.

Room Tip: Room "sea view" (pool side)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sofitel_Sipopo, Directeur général at Sofitel Malabo Sipopo Le Golf, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you very much for your nice comment. I am glad you enjoyed as well the hospitality, the room and the food.
We hope to satisfy you again during your next trip.

Directeur Général

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed here during a conference that was attended by many dignitaries. Given the security and disruption that comes with the movement of Heads of State, the Sofitel took this in its stride. The staff are professional and courteous and the management don't hide in their offices but seem to be out in the hotel public areas during most of the day meeting and greeting guests, asking how your stay is and if there is anything they can do to make it better. The hotel and its surroundings are beautiful and relaxing from the private beach to the world class golf course that sits just behind. The food is the best that I had in Malabo and comes with a French flair. You even get a bridge out to a private tropical island. A true tropical paradise.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Sofitel_Sipopo, Directeur général at Sofitel Malabo Sipopo Le Golf, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Simken,

Thank you very much for your nice comment. Telling us that we managed to give you a french flair is the best compliment you could give us. In Sofitel, we like to make the link between the local culture and the French Flair (or elegance). I am really happy that you enjoyed all our team from waiters to managers.
We hope to welcome you again in Sofitel Sipopo.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Sofitel Sipopo is a little paradise in the middle of Equatorial Guinea. Beautiful surroundings, stunning and comfortable bedrooms, impeccable service and delicious food which makes you feel like you could be in the centre of Paris. All topped with the best service ever- thank you for making my trip so enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Sipopo, Directeur général at Sofitel Malabo Sipopo Le Golf, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Anouska H
Thank you very much for your nice comment on Tripadvisor and for taking the time to write it. I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon in Sofitel Malabo Sipopo Le Golf.

Bealeton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I have been traveling for work through Africa since 2002 and this hotel is by far the BEST I have ever stayed at in Africa. My only issue is that it is rather isolated if you wanted to get out to town. I don't think I've ever seen a taxi at the hotel - although there is a good police presence with a station less than 1/2 mile down the street and several substations closer.

1. Rooms are spacious with a refrigerator (small) and nice flat screen TV (only English stations are news - they could improve on that).

2. Bathroom is big, some rooms only have a shower and some have a bathtub that is huge.

3. Breakfast was included and offered a very wide variety of foods to include fruit and lots of bread and the usual breakfast food (eggs & omelets to order)

4. Staff is attentive to your needs - although I have seen the manager walk within 10-15 feet look at me and not say a word on several occasions (at least 2x daily during a 1 week stay) which I thought was rather odd since he addressed almost everyone.

5. There is a large golf course in the front of the hotel and the back offers a nice ocean view with a small island you can walk out to via a small bridge - look over the side as you walk and you will see many different types of small fish. Also there are lots of shells on the beach too...

6. A/C is VERY good as are the hot water and electricity.

7. Internet is good too but it is wired, only wireless in the lobby.

8. Room service is reasonable and quick - with food arriving at your room usually in less than 20 minutes.

9. They also have three .5L bottles in the room of water for you to drink - I brush my teeth with the hot tap water and have no issues but I wouldn't drink the water - only bottled.

10. The island behind the hotel has lots of potential for scuba diving if you are interested but you should bring your own gear (snorkel & mask). There were several people spearfishing while we were there.

Would I return - YES, it really is a comfortable stay here your only concern would be transportation around the island. Enjoy!!

Room Tip: I would go for the ocean view if you can afford it - I really enjoy the HUGE bathtub. Don't forg...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Sipopo, Directeur général at Sofitel Malabo Sipopo Le Golf, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear Mr Jay,

Thank you very much for your nice comment. I am glad you enjoyed your stay in Sofitel and we will make sure your next stay will be even better.
I take note on your 4th point. I am personnaly back today to Malabo from my annual leaves and I would ask you to send me an email just before your next stay. I will personnally welcome you and make your stay to be "Life is Magnifique".
Thank you again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Location is conveninet, especially for attending a conference. Rooms are convenient, but not top notch. Food is of very high standard. Beautiful golf course, but very average fitness facilities. Service is good, but defiitely room for improvement. Wifi is a problem and only free access in the lounge. Overall a good place to stay, but rater overpriced.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Sipopo, Directeur général at Sofitel Malabo Sipopo Le Golf, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Michiel,

Thank you for your comment that are always positive to us. As you said even if the service is very good, there is always place for improvment ad we are working on it daily.
I hope we will welcome you again soon in our hotel. I will organize something for you to get Wifi in your room.
Thank you again.

Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have stayed in many hotels (including the Sofitel brands) in different countries and the Sofitel Malabo Sipopo now ranks as one of my many favourities. The hotel was clean, the staff very very friendly and the food was fantastic. I wasnt quite sure what to expect on this very first trip to Malabo and the Sofitel Sipopo was indeed a surprise. You will have to visit to appreciate its warm hospitality amid lush greenery, lovely beach and the view of Mount Cameroon from my room. Absolutely breathtaking. The only fault i have was that there was no network coverage on my phone throughout (which is somewhat annoying when you're on a business trip!) and getting a taxi from the hotel (Sipopo) into Malabo was a nightmare! Apparently taxis are not allowed into Sipopo!! Overall, a top class hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room with the ocean view! The view is simply amazing.
Dear Stephen,

Thank you very much for your comment. On weekly basis, we share all comments on tripadivsor with our ambassadors (in Sofitel we name ambassadors all our employees) and I guess they will be delighted with your comment.

Hoping to welcome you again soon in our hotel.

Istres, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

While on Malabo, hosted in my company's own residential compound, I didn't stay at the hotel, but went on a Sunday to have lunch at Sofitel Sipopo. Excellent experience : very good food, good service all that for 30'000 FCFA (~ USD60) plus the drinks. The price gives also access to the swimming-pool and the private beach.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Sipopo, Directeur général at Sofitel Malabo Sipopo Le Golf, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you very much for your comment. As you have seen, our brunch is very popular with over 150 people every Sunday. I hope next time you come to Malabo your company will accomodate you in Sofitel Sipopo.

Sofitel Malabo Sipopo Le Golf

Been to Sofitel Malabo Sipopo Le Golf? Share your experiences!