“Trip to Ashland, Kentucky” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 9 hotels in Ashland
Wapakoneta, Ohio, United States
“Trip to Ashland, Kentucky”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The hotel had recently been renovated. The bathrooms were somehow miscalculated and the doors would not open all the way as they hit the shower curtain rod, which was curved out. The rooms smelled like they had been worked in recently, but it was not too unpleasant. Bed was nice and television clear.

Room Tip: The bridge to Ashland was out causing a 34 mile detour.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were quite pleased with our 1 night stopover as we drove east. Nicely located just off of I-64 with free parking this Fairfield was very convenient. The staff was excellent. Each person was very professional and friendly....as well as very helpful about the area. Room was fresh, spacious and spotless. The morning free breakfast, including some hot items, was very good. Even though this is at an economy price, it is a much higher quality property. Yes, we would definitely stay here again. The Mexican food restaurant next door was of good quality and great quantity at a very modest price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, Kentucky, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The title says it all. I hope they renovate this place the right way! I wish them luck, the staff is nice, they cannot be blamed for a tired old motel. The bathrooms are small and cramp, the door loses on your leg when using the bathroom.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
AshlandHI_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ashland, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize for the negative experience you had with noise and odor during your stay. We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right. We are currently undergoing a conversion renovation to a Fairfield Inn & Suites. At this time, we’re completely renovating our guestrooms and public spaces. I hope with our continued efforts to improve, you will keep the Ashland Fairfield in mind next time you stay in the area.

Campbellsville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed here for two nights on business January 3 and 4, 2012. No complaints. I had a larger King room with a couch and desk. There is mini fridge and a microwave. Room was more than adequate size and bedding was comfortable. Room was clean with the only exception being a spot or two of rust on the door frame at the top of the bathroom door. The lobby isn't large, but the breakfast selection was good. They had a nice assortment of muffins, fresh fruit, bagles, English Muffins, waffles (you pour and cook in waffle maker) cereals, microwave breakfast sandwiches and juices. No complaints abou the selection of food.

Staff was very courteous and friendly from check in to housekeeping. Even the maintenance man was friendly in the hallways.

I did not use the indoor pool or hot tub but both appeared to be clean as they are right across from the elevator.

The three issues I have are: 1- There is only one elevator and it's very slow. 2 - The computer for guest use in the lobby was out of order the entire stay, however the desk clerk did permit me to use a computer behind the counter to check my email since I was traveling without a laptop. 3 - I think the floors of each room are wood, while many hotels are concrete. I could hear the people walking above me and the floors creaking..and I could hear my floor creak as I walked as well and I was on the second floor.

If you are staying in Ashland, your only other options close to downtown are the Hampton Inn or the Ashland Plaza hotel which is in the heart of downtown Ashland.

All in all I had a good experience and I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Go for top floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AshlandHI_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ashland, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay. I appreciate your kind comments regarding the staff and property; we strive daily to make sure our valued guests have a productive and enjoyable stay. My apologies our lobby computer wasn’t working, the hard drive crashed and we are in the processes of receiving a new. We’re excited to announce our full conversion renovation to a Fairfield Inn & Suites later this month. This renovation will include our guestrooms, lobby/breakfast area, and expanding our facility to add a Market and Fitness Center. At this time the concerns you brought to our attention regarding the floors and sub-floors will be addressed. Again, I do apologize that you encountered both of these issues during your recent stay. If you’re in our area again we hope that you will give us another opportunity.

Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel prior to the upgrades and after one night each time. In neither case would I recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for anything more than a bed. On average I stay in 60-70 hotels a year and this is on the bottom.
No amenities in room. Incredibly small lobby with incredibly small breakfast. don't even think about getting exercise in the workout room.
Just to put the final nail in the coffin: $1.75 for a candy bar in the vending machine...this is Ashland, KY...not New York City.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton Inn 2 miles down the road.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
AshlandHI_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ashland, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I apologize for your recent stay based on your comments. Our property is scheduled to under go a conversion renovation in January 2013 to a Fairfield Inn and Suites. At that time, we will be expanding our lobby area, upgrading our guestrooms, and adding an exercise room. You also mentioned the vending machine pricing; we don’t set this pricing as it comes from a vendor we've contracted. I will bring your concerns of pricing to there attention. When we undergo renovation, we will be adding a Market and will be doing away with outside vending contracting. We appreciate your business and hope you give us another opportunity to visit us again in the near future.

Dover, DE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Ok this FFI is off the interstate somewhat. I knew that. There is nothing around it. It doesn't have an exercise room. I used it for as an overnight stop over, nothing more. I can't really rate it excellent, but I can't really rate it low. It certainly met my needs. I had no complaints about the room or service. Everything was in order. But one thing, I just felt weird there. I can't explain it, but that's the way I felt.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Pinckneyville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed here on our way home from vacation. This is a older Fairfield Inn and the noise from upstairs and down the hall was very noticeable thoughout the night. Other than that the staff was freindly and the room was very clean. The pool area was obviously well taken care of and clean. A good stay for one night.
We did not choose to take breakfast here as we wanted to get an early start on our way home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Ashland? Share your experiences!