“Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ashland Plaza Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ashland
Ashland Plaza Hotel
You added Ashland Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
1 Ashland Plaza, 1441 Winchester Ave., Ashland, KY 41101   |
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Ashland
“Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The evening staff at the Ashland plaza hotel were amazing. Front desk attendant Amy and housekeeper Leetha went above and beyond the job to assist me with anything I needed to make my stay perfect ! I will for sure stay again!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This hotel used to be VERY nice - and it still has a great staff and is probably the best place to stay in the area. If you want a view of the river, you will have to put up with train whistles that may wake you up in the middle of the night if you're a light sleeper. We had to move rooms due to noisy neighbors and found that the water pressure on the end of the hotel with higher numbers is much better for some reason. We did notice that they are remodeling some of the rooms. The breakfast is not great but they do have fruit, yogurt, and cereal. The location is very convenient - a few blocks from the bridge to Ohio and several restaurants close by - including Fat Patty's right across the street, where you get a 10% discount if you show your hotel key card.

Room Tip: Rooms on the "street side" are quieter than the "river side". Rooms with higher...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Paducah, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

In an interesting historic downtown area. The hotel was quiet, rooms were clean. Enjoyed walking in the downtown area. If you are not a fan of historic areas this is probably not where you want to stay. Fat Patty's acroos the street has excellent food and drink.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the rear have a better view. Some have complained about a railroad that the front faces...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bethel Park, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I recently stayed at this property due to having business at AK Steel. This hotel has large spacious rooms and a friendly staff that will make you feel right at home. I usually get a room on the street side of the building due train activity on the opposite side. This property is clean comfortable and quiet. Our company chooses this hotel for the price.There is a restaurant dirrectly across the street called Fat Patty's that has good food and drinks. If your not into the bar scene there is a Itallian restaurant and a Bob Evans one block over.

Room Tip: Pick the street side if you like quiet. River side if you like train whistles.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Central Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Upon entering our room it was pitch black and every light switch I flipped didn’t work… after feeling my way across the room I found a lamp that worked. The room smelled so strong of smoke that my throat began to be irritated. Then bright and early the next morning around 7am or 8am we had housekeeping in the halls using walky-talkies at such a loud volume that it woke us up. There is no need to have the volume so loud on the housekeeping radios that from inside the room we can hear everything as if they were standing next to us. And then to top things off the bathrooms are equipped with toilet paper holders that don’t roll; is this really such a low budget hotel that they have to try to conserve toilet paper by using conservation holders? Rooms aren't worth much over $40 a night at the tops.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Ashland hotels

Lakewood, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Old tired hotel. No hot water, even after 20 minutes, was moved to another room the following day. Bathroom fixtures have not been replaced since the 70's-80's? Breakfast was adequate. Friendly staff and great location- 2 blocks from the Ohio-Kentucky bridge. Good eats across the street.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had recently stayed in Ashland on a business trip for my company. Though I had no say so in the matter I wasn't really looking forward to the stay based on the reviews.

When I arrived the staff was extremely friendly and I really appreciated frontdesk's help. Since they had restricted number of microwave and refrigerators and my company didn't request one. They were still nice to track one down for me. This showed me that the hotel cares about customer service.

As for the room it was a nice clean room that smelled fresh and the bed was comfortable after a long day's journey. I personally had no problem with hot water.

And the fitness center was a nice accessory for someone that had a long day and needed a stress reliever.

This was my first trip to Ashland and I liked how everything was accessible and within a 15 mile radius! I have to say this was a good trip and I look forward to coming back and staying at the Plaza!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Ashland Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!