“Mixed Reviews” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Kentucky
“Mixed Reviews”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I eat at Callahan's often because it is one of the few nice restaurants in the county. Some things are excellent - I agree with the other comments that some things taste frozen. The Shrooms on the appetizer menu are wonderful! So is the honey mustard - put it on anything - Shrooms, salad - just anything. I like the shaved rib-eye nachos. We always have good service, but the restaurant does seem to be a bit disorganized. They do have live music on some nights and theme nights based on movies that are popular. These seem to draw a large crowd. I guess my recommendation is that you have to find what you like taste wise and portion wise. Stick with it and you're good. Try something else and you may be disappointed.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

52% Recommend
Lexington, Kentucky
“Nice restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Callihan's offers good enough hamburgers and "pub" food, but it does not live up to its potential.

Visited October 2011
Greenup, Kentucky
“One time was enough for me”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

The local mall owner is trying to attract businesses after the previous owner(s) let the mall fall into disuse. Callihan's held such great promise, I was told, but the service was not good. We waited too long before anyone even approached us for seating, the food was high-priced and mediocre for what it was, the wait staff was inattentive.

That was over a year ago, and we have not been back, and don't plan to.

“Frozen food & over priced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

Would not eat there again. Service was bad. Food tasted like frozen not fresh and way over priced.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ky
“WOW! So many great choices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

We've had many different dishes and all of them have been fantastic. The hamburger was so good, I literally took my time eating it to savor every bite! I also LOVE the Hot Brown. My husband's favorite is the Cajun Chicken dinner.

Visited March 2012