“Very secure and helpfull” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fare Suisse Tahiti

You added Fare Suisse Tahiti to your Saves list
Fare Suisse Tahiti
Rue des poilus tahitiens | Quartier Buillard - Paofai, Papeete 98713, French Polynesia   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Papeete B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wanaka, New Zealand
“Very secure and helpfull”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Would highly recommend this hotel. Very clean, safe and was great value for money overall - not a luxury hotel tho. If travelling to French Polynesia I would recommend you visit some islands other than Tahiti as well, but this hotel is an excellent start as it is near the main airport and owner makes it very easy to get oriented and settled. Beni was especially helpful, and airport transfer was perfect as I arrived very late at night. He also let me store bags here while I went to other islands, took me to the port in the morning at no charge, and took me back to the airport on my departure even though I only stayed on the way in! To put Beni's helpful and free transport offers in perspective..... lots of flights arrive and depart late from Papeete and the taxis are very pricey after 7pm, and no busses at easy disposal. Breakfast also good quality and good value in nice setting. Would use again for sure. Thanks for a great start and end to my short visit!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Albuquerque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

When I booked this I did so because I wanted to be close to the airport due to an early international flight. Beni also offered a free ride which was a plus. I didn't expect much since it was a hostel but my wife and I were delighted with the cleanliness of the rooms and entire hotel. Fare Suiss makes a great location for visiting Papeete and it's close enough to town you can walk to the roulettes.

Room Tip: There is a small ensuite room in the back downstairs. I don't know the number/name but Beni cou...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Friday HarborWA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I am very late in reviewing Fare Suisse, insofar as we stayed in early February 2013. However, judging by the recent reviews, thankfully not much has changed in the last year! Beni is a marvelous host, and picked us up at the airport despite our late night flight arrival (2330h), and dropped us off at the cruise terminal area the next day for our cruise. Our room was very simple but spotless. Breakfast was the typical European style buffet with fruit, cheese, bread and cereal, coffee, etc., more than sufficient for us. Best of all, Fare Suisse is located in a quiet residential area. The lodging in Papeete is either in the noisy downtown area or far out of town, so this location is perfect and very quiet. Thank you Beni, sorry I was so late in posting this entry!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I arrived at Faa'a Airport late on a flight from Auckland on the last day in November. Beni was there in the arrival hall with a sign with my name on it and whisked me off to Fare Suisse. He pointed a view locations out en route and showed me to my room on arrival. I had booked a bed in a 3 person dormitory, but had the room all to myself. The room was neat, tidy and clean, as were the bathroom, lounge and outside seating area. Next morning I woke up to find quite a few guests enjoying breakfast in the open eating area. Breakfast was tasty: bread, cheese, ham, fruit, yoghurt and coffee/tea, juice.
Staff very friendly. Nice relaxed and friendly atmosphere, enjoyed by happy holiday makers. Beni is very efficient, punctual, helpful and speaks French, German and English. The location, amid some lovely greenery, is a mere 10 minutes' walk to the centre of Papeete, and a 5 minutes walk to a big supermarket, very handy.
After two nights at Fare Suisse, the second night I shared the room with a lovely French lady, Brigitte, Beni took me to the ferry terminal, for my onward journey to Moorea. I would recommend Fare Suisse to anyone who needs accommodation in Papeete, away from the hustle and bustle, but at close proximity to everything and in a very cosy B&B. Vielen Dank Beni, bis zum nachsten Mal!

Shiri

Sydney, Australia

Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

When you book a room with Fare Suisse, just sit back, relax and enjoy your visit! Knowing Benhi would be at the airport to meet me started my wonderful visit to Tahiti off on a positive note - I didn't have to worry about how to find a taxi, etc. The room was perfect - just right for an older, solo traveler. Comfy bed, crisp white linens, huge shower and A/C! I didn't try the breakfast, but the other guests seemed to enjoy what was offered. Benhi drove me to the ferry dock when I departed for Moorea - showed me where to buy tickets, drop off luggage, etc. He and his staff made my stay in Papeete the best! This is a small hotel but it has what you need. It's also just a couple of blocks from a bank, ATM and supermarket. The whole city is walkable and easy to reach from the Fare Suisse. Book it - you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: My room was on the ground floor in the back. Not much of a view, but quiet and cool.
Atascadero, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Great Quiet location.Easy walk shops,market and seaside promenade/park.Great value with free transfer service airport/harbour.Papeete is very expensive,and if you are in transit this is the hotel of choice.Wi-Fi which is free is fast.Beni is good at the hotel business.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Noosa, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Tahiti is one of the most expensive places we've stayed, especially for accommodation. Anywhere else, I would have said that Fare Suisse was very expensive for what you get but, in Papeete, it's very good. Beni is certainly extremely helpful, especially with his transfers (from a cruise ship and to the airport in our case). The only thing is that there are substantial parts of the day when he's not there.

The rooms are basic but clean and with good, quiet air conditioning. There's an excellent supermarket nearby and the town centre is within walking distance. We made our own breakfast in the guest kitchen. E-mail reception was very good in the lobby area. There are bus stops on the main roads nearby although the buses don't operate to a timetable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fare Suisse Tahiti? Share your experiences!