“Great place to discover Tahiti and layover” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fare Suisse Tahiti

and 1 more site!
You added Fare Suisse Tahiti to your Saves list
Fare Suisse Tahiti
Rue des poilus tahitiens | Quartier Buillard - Paofai, Papeete 98713, French Polynesia   |
Special Offer
Book Direct & Save
Ranked #2 of 7 Papeete B&B and Inns
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Great place to discover Tahiti and layover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Beni and the staff at Fare Suisse made our multiple stays a breeze as we travelled between the Tuamotu's, Moorea and Raiatea. He was very timely in picking us up and dropping us at the airport. Helped us get a rental car and gave us other suggestions as we discovered Papeete and the rest of the big island. It is truly close to the Champion market....but also within walking distance to the open air market and the roulettes for evening dining. The breakfast provided was complete as others have indicated.....more than enough to make it through the day. Will definitely stay with Beni again should we be fortunate enough to return to Tahiti.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
NZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed just one night at Fare Suisse as we were booked into another pension on Moorea. But Beni could not have been more helpful......collected us from the airport and then dropped us at the ferry port the following day for our connection to Moorea. At no extra cost. Had read other posts about thefts etc but Beni was absolutely up front and told us to keep the door locked and windows closed when we weren't in our room - no bad thing as the room has aircon so there is no need to keep the room ventilated via open windows. Breakfast was great - selection of fruit, baguette, jam, ham, cheese, fruit juice, coffee, tea, yoghurt and, if you really have the need, muesli and cornflakes. If and when I make it back to Tahiti, I will definitely stay here again and for longer so that I can get a proper look at Papeete. Great, great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
los angeles, california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

My wife and I traveled to Tahiti/Moorea in February 2012. Our first night's accommodation was the Fare Suisse in Tahiti. We arrived very late at night and were very happy to see Beni right there to greet us. He promptly took us to his B&B where he showed us our room for the night. It was nice and roomy. We had a good night's sleep, and the next morning we had a delicious breakfast (which we paid extra for). There is a market very nearby where you can buy groceries and exchange money in an ATM machine. The Fare Suisse is close to town, so we had time to visit some shops before we had to catch the ferry to Moorea. Beni drove us to the ferry. All in all, the Fare Suisse was ideal for us. We didn't have to worry about transportation and we had a great accommodation. We highly recommend the Fare Suisse and will stay there on our next visit.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

And if you want be close to the airport, shopping in town, on a budget, want the simple comforts of home, and for the Heiva in late June - mid July. I found Beni's place listed in Moon and Lonely Planet and decided to give it a try during the Heiva Festival from July 12-15. During Heiva, all of the publications I was reviewing prior to booking the trip indicated the accommodations would be tight. I emailed Beni and received a quick response with a confirmation on timing and rate. He declined the need for a deposit and indicated that I could pay upon departure. I believe for a single room I paid somewhere in the vicinity of 90-100 Euros per night. The location was stellar for the dance competitions, downtown (20 minute walk), and the roulettes (30 minute walk along the water). Accommodations were quiet and clean but carry some type of flashlight or flashlight app if you're planning on heading back at night. Fare Suisse is in a residential area and as with most neighborhoods in Papeete were limited on a lot of lamp posts. Beni also offers pick up and drop off service from the airport which is extremely convenient and helpful. Best of all, he has unlimited complimentary wi-fi service! Most of the hotels were charging upwards of $10 USD per hour.

Room Tip: Make sure you clearly spell out what you're looking for when sending the initial email inquiry f...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Russellville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Fare Suisse the night we arrived prior to going to Moorea. This was a great place to stop prior to travel to one of the other islands or if you plan on just touring Tahiti.

Positives:

-They offer free airport pickup and transportation to the ferry. Very nicegood perk when youhe don't wanteat to worrythe about how20 your goingpackage to getthe around.
-I highly recommend the breakfast package. It's well worth the extra cost (beats walking to the market)
-The rooms were very nice and clean. Very comfortable to recover from jet lag.
-I personally thought the view was very neat, especially in the morning.
-The service was great. The owners are very friendly and really work to make your stay enjoyable

Negatives:
The only negative part of our stay was that it wasn't long enough! We really wish we could of stayed a few more days to really get to see the city.

I highly recommend this lodging for anyone passing through Tahiti.

• Stayed June 2012
Bay of Islands NZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Fare Suisse provided me with a very comfortable bed with imaculate linen for two nights at each end of my business trip to Tahiti. The room was exactly what I required. I was especially grateful for the modern efficient shower which felt so good after a long flight. Anytime I have to visit Papeete again I shall be planning on Beni's hospitality.
Bob Evans

Room Tip: I stayed in the room Maupiti. Perfectly quiet and private.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

As I sit in my office staring at the world blurring by, I can't help but think about getting away to Tahiti again, partly due to the ease of staying at Fare Suisse. Fare Suisse is amazing and Beni's the best! I visited Tahiti last year and stayed at Fare Suisse for the beginning and end portions of my trip. (I was lucky enough to island hop to 6 islands during my trip.) Beni was very accommodating and kept in contact with me during my planning. He was gracious enough to pick me up and drop us off at the airport which made things a lot easier for my friends and me. The room was spacious and clean and the air conditioning a life saver on those warm, balmy nights. The location was ideal as we could easily walk to the city center and all the great food trucks. I would definitely love to be there soaking up the sun and chowing down on some poisson cru right now.

I'm sorry that this review is so late (visited in May last year) but the lull of summer has me reminiscing of my French Polynesian adventure and pining for the smell of tiare in the air!

Thanks again, Beni, for your hospitality!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Fare Suisse Tahiti? Share your experiences!