We stayed at this hotel in Tahiti after having stayed a couple of nights in Moorea(Club Bali Hai..eww). I liked their lobby, it was beautifully decorated with a high ceiling, and the pool was lagoon-style. The beach in front of the hotel looked much more appealing to us than other reviews maybe because we stayed at Club Bali Hai before that and found the beach there to be brown and dark.
The employees there however could use some brains..we paid for ocean view rooms, and this receptionist tried to put us into a garden room. Maybe she thought I couldnt speak good English (since she recognized from my name that I was Japanese), but I went back furious and asked her for an apology. She never even said a word of apology, said "The room is being cleaned and I change for you",,I was like " Of course you must change, I paid for it" With that big smile I am scared what she was thinking.
We never got a transformer even for a day in a 4 day stay. Their excuse was " I am sorry Mrs...everything is taken and we dont know when we will get them from these guests.." That went on for 4 days!! 5 star hotel could have more transformers ready right..
Food was ridiculously expensive for a so-so food. La Carre was supposed to be an expensive French, but food was a bit cold and taste just okay.
On top of that, we were told that we would be able to have a late-check out (normally it is 11 am)since our plane was 10pm and we would be picked up at 7pm, the night before, the receptionist said the room has to be cleaned after 11am check out for new guests. The promise was never made.
However, after 30 minutes, she called the room to say that she could finally made an arrangement for us to stay until 7 pm. She was the first and last decent receptionist I saw during that stay.
Overall, water in Tahiti is not blue. It is not the "last paradise"as we see in advertisements. Next time I would go to Bora Bora right away..If I ever come back I might check Intercontinental or other hotels just to see.
The best thing about this hotel? Cleanliness, and the bathroom. It was decorated very nice with a bathtub and a separate shower. With above things improved,,this hotel could be much better..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Tahiti is the most modern luxury hotel of the island; benefiting from a charming frame thanks to its natural beach of white sand that is unique on the island of Tahiti. The hotel offers a panoramic view on turquoise waters of the lagoon and on the nearby island … Moorea. Situated in a charming frame, Le Méridien Tahiti is located 15 kms from Papeete and 10 kms from the international airport of Tahiti Faa' a, so making of the hotel the ideal place for a stay on the island. The hotel was recently refurbished with exotics and natural materials which highlight the South Pacific feeling ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Starwood, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Le Meridien Tahiti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Tahiti Hotel Papeete
- Le Meridien Hotel Tahiti
- Le Meridien Papeete
- Papeete Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Tahiti Papeete