Like others, we stayed at Le Meridien for two nights before a Paul Gauguin cruise. Our over-the-water bungalow was well appointed and had a beautiful view of Moorea and the sunset. We enjoyed the deck very much. Since the current is strong, there are no steps from the bungalows leading into the lagoon as there usually are in the bungalows on Bora Bora or Mororea.
The hotel's French restaurant was excellent, the pool and beach were uncrowded and relaxing. We enjoyed the Polynesian dance show very much.
On the downside, the hotel's main buildings were dated, but this was only a minor observation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Tahiti is the most modern luxury hotel of the island; benefiting from a charming frame thanks to its natural beach of white sand that is unique on the island of Tahiti. The hotel offers a panoramic view on turquoise waters of the lagoon and on the nearby island … Moorea. Situated in a charming frame, Le Méridien Tahiti is located 15 kms from Papeete and 10 kms from the international airport of Tahiti Faa' a, so making of the hotel the ideal place for a stay on the island. The hotel was recently refurbished with exotics and natural materials which highlight the South Pacific feeling ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Starwood, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Le Meridien Tahiti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Tahiti Hotel Papeete
- Le Meridien Hotel Tahiti
- Le Meridien Papeete
- Papeete Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Tahiti Papeete