I can't help but agree with almost everything that the reviewer just before me said about this hotel being OK but way over priced.
On our way to Moorea and Bora Bora from Australia, we had to stay a night (two in the end) in Papeete in transit. We found Le Meridien to be very expensive for what you get (and we are lucky enough be happy to fork out the $$ to stay at Four Seasons in Bora Bora etc).
We have a family of four and I also brought my parents along so we had two rooms. Both rooms were garden view apartments and smelled - I suspect that they don't have non smoking rooms or something (maybe its a French thing).
The rooms are fair but dated. To be honest I just can't believe how expensive they were for the quality of them...dead set, the walk from our hotel room door to reception felt like what I imagine Changi prison to look like.
Maybe the overwater bungalows are the way to go if you must stay in Papeete. We did that in Moorea and Bora Bora, but didn't bother for two nights in Papeete.
Breakfast was also ridiculously expensive for the quality of it...very average. I've done loads of buffet breakfasts in my time, and this was at the lower end of value for money. Lunch by the pool was perfectly fine and half th cost of breakfast (go figure..).
We did relax by the pool and had fun kayaking etc, but if anyone is in transit like us to Moorea or Bora Bora and contemplating whether to stay in Papeete, think again and just get to the islands ASAP if you can. They are sensational.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Tahiti is the most modern luxury hotel of the island; benefiting from a charming frame thanks to its natural beach of white sand that is unique on the island of Tahiti. The hotel offers a panoramic view on turquoise waters of the lagoon and on the nearby island … Moorea. Situated in a charming frame, Le Méridien Tahiti is located 15 kms from Papeete and 10 kms from the international airport of Tahiti Faa' a, so making of the hotel the ideal place for a stay on the island. The hotel was recently refurbished with exotics and natural materials which highlight the South Pacific feeling ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Splendia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Starwood, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Le Meridien Tahiti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Tahiti Hotel Papeete
- Le Meridien Hotel Tahiti
- Le Meridien Papeete
- Papeete Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Tahiti Papeete