We stayed in the hotel for 1 night on our way to Bora-Bora. The hotel is situated in Tamanu, approx. 20 minutes' drive from the airport.Taxi costs at night XPF 3600, in the morning XPF 2800.
We arrived at the hotel at 10:30 pm. The reception asked for a voucher which we did not have as we booked online prepaid. Even when we presented a printout of their email confirmation he looked skeptical and made a copy. We had booked a room with panorama-ocean view and got an upgrade to an overwater bungalow. After our flight from Auckland we were hungry and were told to go as quickly as possible to the bar, as they would close at 11 pm sharp, where we could choose from a very short list among a few cold dishes. Room service was not available although offered for 24 hours in the general hotel information. We waited 10 minutes for our sandwiches, put them on a tray and together with our luggage we were driven by electro car to the bungalow.
Every window of the bungalow was closed. We kept the light on in the toilet as otherwise it is completely dark. The bed is big and comfortable. The room is nice. The balcony a bit small. The door to the balcony sticks. In general the resort is a bit dated but well-kept and clean with a nice pool and garden.
The breakfast buffet was good.
At checking out there was again the problem that they obviously have no information about our prepaid booking. Although they should have somewhere the copy from last night, they make another one of their own e-mail confirmation and after further 5 minutes we finally could check out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Tahiti is the most modern luxury hotel of the island; benefiting from a charming frame thanks to its natural beach of white sand that is unique on the island of Tahiti. The hotel offers a panoramic view on turquoise waters of the lagoon and on the nearby island … Moorea. Situated in a charming frame, Le Méridien Tahiti is located 15 kms from Papeete and 10 kms from the international airport of Tahiti Faa' a, so making of the hotel the ideal place for a stay on the island. The hotel was recently refurbished with exotics and natural materials which highlight the South Pacific feeling ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Starwood so you can book your Le Meridien Tahiti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Tahiti Hotel Papeete
- Le Meridien Hotel Tahiti
- Le Meridien Papeete
- Papeete Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Tahiti Papeete