The island dream of Tahiti is quite quickly shattered. For beach holidays I can not recommend it. Beaches are quite poor. Meridien is average, quite old.
as resort we were surprised to learn that there are no kids activities whatsoever.
As Platinum member I had booked a suite upgrade. they gave us a normal room and upon complaining, staff was pretty lost. they asked me to hook up my ipad to their computer so I could send them the confirmation email...
anyway, we got upgraded to the junior suite. it is basically a normal room with a large outdoor seating area. they had put the cot into the first room and we asked the porter to bring it to the new room (I had given him a good tip too). as it turns out, tasks are divided at this hotel and cleaning staff move cots. it took us two calls and a personal visit to reception to get that cot moved.
beach is poor, can have quite strong current (you are not allowed to swim).
we stayed again after staying at meridien bora bora - see separate review - and got upgraded to an overwater bungalow. not suitable for small children. this time it took them two hours to get us the cot. they first waited one hour doing nothing and then it started raining.
those bungalows do not have direct water access as the grounds are completely covered in reef.
breakfast is alright. dinner at le carre is very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Tahiti is the most modern luxury hotel of the island; benefiting from a charming frame thanks to its natural beach of white sand that is unique on the island of Tahiti. The hotel offers a panoramic view on turquoise waters of the lagoon and on the nearby island … Moorea. Situated in a charming frame, Le Méridien Tahiti is located 15 kms from Papeete and 10 kms from the international airport of Tahiti Faa' a, so making of the hotel the ideal place for a stay on the island. The hotel was recently refurbished with exotics and natural materials which highlight the South Pacific feeling ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Le Meridien Tahiti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Tahiti Hotel Papeete
- Le Meridien Hotel Tahiti
- Le Meridien Papeete
- Papeete Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Tahiti Papeete