On our way across The Pacific to Australia we booked a 5 night stopover at this hotel and we were not disappointed.
We had read some reviews before booking warning that the hotel was worn and needed updating.
It is true the outer décor of the hotel has faded a bit but that is mainly on the surface it still maintains its quality. Whoever designed this hotel knew what they were doing. The reception is big ,airy and cool with the lounge area large and well laid out. The room we had was spacious and spotlessly clean with tasteful décor. The bed was comfy and there was a big bathroom and nicely appointed balcony overlooking the gardens which gave a great view of the sunset every day. The staff were friendly and helpful and any request was dealt with efficiently. We avoided the terribly expensive breakfast and dining in the hotel and ate locally from a variety of alternatives. For those not content to sit in the sun all day by the sandy bottomed pool there were water aerobic classes going on several times a day. These were attended by both hotel guests and locals and we were made to feel very welcome to join in and had to brush up on our rusty French skills to get the most out of it.
There was also a yoga class at the end of the day. Other water sports were available down by the lagoon.
On our last night we splashed out on a seafood buffet and Polynesian culture show it was pretty expensive but the food was very good with lots of choice and a nice way to finish off the visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Tahiti is the most modern luxury hotel of the island; benefiting from a charming frame thanks to its natural beach of white sand that is unique on the island of Tahiti. The hotel offers a panoramic view on turquoise waters of the lagoon and on the nearby island … Moorea. Situated in a charming frame, Le Méridien Tahiti is located 15 kms from Papeete and 10 kms from the international airport of Tahiti Faa' a, so making of the hotel the ideal place for a stay on the island. The hotel was recently refurbished with exotics and natural materials which highlight the South Pacific feeling ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Le Meridien Tahiti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Tahiti Hotel Papeete
- Le Meridien Hotel Tahiti
- Le Meridien Papeete
- Papeete Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Tahiti Papeete