“Excellent food, attentive service.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 74 Restaurants in Suva
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
SY Mariposa, The Big Blue
“Excellent food, attentive service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We ate relatively early on a Wednesday night, so perhaps missed the noise others have mentioned. We had an extremely attentive waiter and a very good meal. Though more expensive than our usual dining it was worth the cost. Good atmosphere but I can see from the proximity of the night club etc that it would get pretty noisy at times.

• Visited October 2013

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

on the positive 50% of food great
decor clean 100%
the noise deafening
service terrible after waiting soo long for drink being told happy hour and price order drink then after finally drinks arrived 20 minutes told sorry now you have to pay full price till changed over 2 minutes ago really seriously and no one cared
wont go back

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Suva
“Popular but my first meal was flawed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Well located and popular restaurant. I nearly walked back out when I heard how loud the band was but the guys in front of me who had been there before ploughed on through the restaurant to the far end where the volume was tolerable. I had the sticky pork which was good texture and taste but spoiled by the poor butchering of the meat which had left it full of bone fragments. The other five at the table were all happy with their meal. As it is popular I guess that I will be back but I won't be having the pork again!

Visited October 2013
Lautoka, Fiji
“Nice Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

If you enjoy the pub environment, then this is a place for you. Sit down with a drink and order some chasers or a pizza watching the game on TV. Pizzas are good and reasonable as well.
Good place for a office lunch as well

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“I wouldn't eat there again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

To be fair there was a large function going on in one of their rooms which may have affected the quality of the food I got.

The service was actually quite good, and the restraunt is clean and well presented but the food was terrible. In a country where most food is quite good I was quite surprised how bad it was. I had pork rib which was 3 small pork chops which were so burnt that I could not tell where the bone ended and the meat started and som cold boiled veg on the side.

This place was recommended to me by several people so as I said it may have been a bad night but buyer beware...

• Visited August 2013