“Good location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Suva

You added Holiday Inn Suva to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Suva
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   501 Victoria Parade | G.P.O Box 1357, Suva, Viti Levu, Fiji   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Suva
“Good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had 2 stays at the holiday inn during our trip to Fiji early this year with positive and negative experiences. The first time we arrived at the hotel at 2.30 and waited around in the lobby for the room to be ready which was at around 3.15pm. We were allocated a room on the top floor on the left side, the view was of construction and buildings, pretty noisy. The room we were allocated appeared in poor condition, things seemed out of date and the room was more like a motel room. The bathroom was not very nice, bins were not lined with plastic etc. It looked like it had been cleaned in a rush. The towels had stains and we had to get them changed. We had free breakfast on our booking, however this was not acknowledged at breakfast time so we ended up paying. The second time we had a much more pleasant experience, we were allocated a room on the top floor on the right side. The view was not much better, however there was a major difference in the quality and cleanliness of the room. Check in time was very quick the second time and the staff were also very pleasant and friendly. The hotel is in walking distance to the town which makes it a good place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Holiday_Inn_Suva_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Suva, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear nn000,

I am so glad you enjoyed your second stay with us and I thank you for taking the time to share your review, which has already been shared with the team.

It is always our aim to provide consistently high standards of service and consistency is a key focus at the hotel and through constructive feedback that you have provided facilitates this process as it forms valuable feedback for me and the team. Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment you experienced on your first visit and I have taken measures to avoid this from re-occuring in the future.

Many thanks once again for the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Suva.

Joseph Della Gatta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Polish first
australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Travelled to Suva for 3days visting family. The hotel staff were all very respectful and treated all our local visitors well. Front desk and grounds staff were professional and friendly the grounds are very well kept and facilites all clean and maintained. we stayed on the top floor, which seems new, aircon in the room was quite and very welcoming after a day out and about. And very comfy beds and pillows.bar fridge well stocked, however a your able to purchase from the petrol staion across the road for cheaper.
Holiday Inn isnt located in the CBD, which is great but is within walking distance to shops, there are localbuses and taxis right outside if needed.
Food was delicious, especially the wood fired pizza, a bit pricey but a treat.

Room Tip: top floor rooms are carpeted and not tiled like the bottom floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear perth06,

thank-you for feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I was pleased to share with the team that you enjoyed your visit and found all the amenities, food and the location to your liking.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again very soon.

King Regards

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We spent one week in the Holiday Inn and was a very pleasant journey. At our arrival the service was very competitive and careful. We had a very cleaned and comfortable room. On the ground level there is a swiming-pool and a restaurant with a bar. Sometimes a band plays in for guests. We were at Holiday Inn in January 2005.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Holiday_Inn_Suva_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Suva, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Pierre L,

Thankyou for taking the time in sharing your review with us. Appreciated the feedback and very pleased you enjoyed your weeks stay here at the Holidauy Inn Suva. Have shared the comments withn the team and we look forward to welcoming you back next time when in Suva!

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Travelled to Suva for work. The Holiday Inn was a perfect place to stay and at the end of a long day a great location to unwind and relax. The service was friendly, attentive and all staff were eager to please.

A special thank you is extended to the Hotel Security who ensured our safety at all times.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear RedfernExplorers,

Thankyou for your feedback. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to "be you" and "relax". I will defintley pass on your comments to the service team and security.

We look forwrd to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Melbourne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I am a priority club Gold Elite member and very often stay with Holiday inn. but this time I have had the worst stay in this hotel.I reached at the hotel at 1.45 pm and had to wait till 4 pm to check in as the room was not ready. Even when checked in the cleaner was still at the room. As a priority gold member I always get an upgrade. Originally I booked a double room with garden view and was upgraded to a ocean view room but once I opened the balcony all I could see was a construction site with lot of noise.kids love to watch tv. We could not find the remote. We had to call reception to get us a tv remote.
Our booking included complimentary breakfast for two. The restaurant lady could not find our room in her list. I had to go to reception which took another 15 mins to sort things out.
What a joke!
I would rather stay in a no star hotel than choosing Holiday inn brand ever again.
Good bye et au revoir, Holiday Inn:(

• Stayed December 2012
Holiday_Inn_Suva_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Suva, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Shamim A,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay with us at the Holiday inn Suva.

I was disappointed to read of your experience, in particular relating to the delay in having your room ready on arrival and my sincere apologies for this to and your family. All of your feedback has been shared with the relevant team members as well.

We always endeavor to have rooms on arrival for all of our international guests and /or local residents arriving at the hotel, even for early arrivals, but in very rare occasions circumstances do not facilitate this as do room request types.

In these rare occasions guests are offered a day use room, but unfortunately on your day of arrival we were not able to provide this to you and regret that this obviously impacted on your visit significantly with the children to manage, I am sorry that this tarnished your stay with us. I also had the opportunity to synchronize timings from your arrival to room check-in and am not able to confirm the 4pm check-in as mentioned but any case totally empathize with your situation.

Shamim A, please accept my sincere apologies once again and thank you for your feedback and we look to having the chance to welcome you back again.

Bangkok
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Suva is not the place to go for luxury hotels - there are other places for that. There is in fact a shortage of half decent places in the city, a shortage that benefits the Holiday Inn. In my recent stay, which cost US$180 / night, I had a half decent room, but nothing great. A view of a construction site. Overpriced wifi - $28 / day, and if you wanted high speed, ie. functional internet, they surprise you with a $8 / day surcharge. I didn't, and the Internet hardly worked. A good location downtown and on the sea. But the facilities are a bit tired - and you are paying top dollar. Other options - for half the price I could have stayed at the Best Western - but it was a real dump, and not a good location. The other options were full - so Holiday Inn was it. Service was fine, food was ok but overpriced as well. So - my recommendation is that unless you have to, stay somewhere other than in Suva. If you have to, the Holiday Inn will do, but I hope it is on an expense account. Otherwise you will feel you are being ripped off.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Holiday_Inn_Suva_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Suva, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Harkish,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for sharing your review. We always aim to improve our services and facilities and ensure we meet or exceed guest expectation and constructive feedback is much appreciated.

I am sorry you were disappointed with your experience and I hope you were able to notify a member of my team of your grievances during your stay as well so they had an opportunity to address them.

In regards of the internet charges our 24hr internet plan is approx. US 20 and we do not charge additional surcharges for upgrade in bandwidth for functional internet. Any charges or online purchase as for the internet package plans is never charged automatically without the authorization and consent of the buyer. We also provide a free help desk for internet as sometimes computer settings may disrupt IT functionality, but through this help desk we can determine if issues are user or hotel issues and in all cases are resolvable.

Thank you once again Harkish for your feedback and I have taken all of your feedback under consideration and hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Do feel free to contact me directly and I will definitely address and discuss.

Regards

Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I believe this property has had a makeover recently and I found it to be very pleasant. I had not stayed here for approximately 5 years, The reception and restaurant areas are attractive and there is plenty of outside seating around the pool.
My room was clean and well presented although there was a definite musty smell in the wing I was accommodated in.
All the services I would expect are available and (as with most Fiji properties) the staff were super friendly and accommodating. I found the housekeeping staff to be excellent. I had other colleagues with me and they were all pleased with their rooms and service!
Breakfast was included and was superb - plenty to fill up with for the day ahead. We had dinner in the main restaurant one night which was a little mixed. My main (lobster) was well cooked and presented but all the accompanying food lacked seasoning.

The hotel is well located and many parts of Suva are walking distance from the hotel. Fiji Museum is only about 800metres away and worth a wander through.

If they could just deal with that musty smell this hotel would be a 5!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear kiwisc0t,

Thank-you for your review and sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us and that your colleagues traveling with you also had a great stay. I have shared your comments with the team regarding the positive arrival experience from the lobby, the servicing of your room to the breakfast and pool deck / pizzeria experience and all comments were well received.

In regards to the musty odor you experienced we find that during this time of year the high humidity may cause this issue in the wing when you enter where you stayed, but we are trying different solutions to reduce this incident from occuring and am sure we will find a solution to this.

Once again thank you for the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Regards

Joseph Della Gatta

Been to Holiday Inn Suva? Share your experiences!