“Great place to relax & unwind!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Suva

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Suva to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Suva
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   501 Victoria Parade | G.P.O Box 1357, Suva, Viti Levu, Fiji   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Members Get Up to 35% Off
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Suva
Sydney, Australia
“Great place to relax & unwind!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Travelled to Suva for work. The Holiday Inn was a perfect place to stay and at the end of a long day a great location to unwind and relax. The service was friendly, attentive and all staff were eager to please.

A special thank you is extended to the Hotel Security who ensured our safety at all times.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Holiday_Inn_Suva_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Suva, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear RedfernExplorers,

Thankyou for your feedback. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to "be you" and "relax". I will defintley pass on your comments to the service team and security.

We look forwrd to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kind Regards

Joseph Della Gatta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Polish first
Melbourne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I am a priority club Gold Elite member and very often stay with Holiday inn. but this time I have had the worst stay in this hotel.I reached at the hotel at 1.45 pm and had to wait till 4 pm to check in as the room was not ready. Even when checked in the cleaner was still at the room. As a priority gold member I always get an upgrade. Originally I booked a double room with garden view and was upgraded to a ocean view room but once I opened the balcony all I could see was a construction site with lot of noise.kids love to watch tv. We could not find the remote. We had to call reception to get us a tv remote.
Our booking included complimentary breakfast for two. The restaurant lady could not find our room in her list. I had to go to reception which took another 15 mins to sort things out.
What a joke!
I would rather stay in a no star hotel than choosing Holiday inn brand ever again.
Good bye et au revoir, Holiday Inn:(

• Stayed December 2012
Holiday_Inn_Suva_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Suva, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Shamim A,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay with us at the Holiday inn Suva.

I was disappointed to read of your experience, in particular relating to the delay in having your room ready on arrival and my sincere apologies for this to and your family. All of your feedback has been shared with the relevant team members as well.

We always endeavor to have rooms on arrival for all of our international guests and /or local residents arriving at the hotel, even for early arrivals, but in very rare occasions circumstances do not facilitate this as do room request types.

In these rare occasions guests are offered a day use room, but unfortunately on your day of arrival we were not able to provide this to you and regret that this obviously impacted on your visit significantly with the children to manage, I am sorry that this tarnished your stay with us. I also had the opportunity to synchronize timings from your arrival to room check-in and am not able to confirm the 4pm check-in as mentioned but any case totally empathize with your situation.

Shamim A, please accept my sincere apologies once again and thank you for your feedback and we look to having the chance to welcome you back again.

Kind Regards

Bangkok
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Suva is not the place to go for luxury hotels - there are other places for that. There is in fact a shortage of half decent places in the city, a shortage that benefits the Holiday Inn. In my recent stay, which cost US$180 / night, I had a half decent room, but nothing great. A view of a construction site. Overpriced wifi - $28 / day, and if you wanted high speed, ie. functional internet, they surprise you with a $8 / day surcharge. I didn't, and the Internet hardly worked. A good location downtown and on the sea. But the facilities are a bit tired - and you are paying top dollar. Other options - for half the price I could have stayed at the Best Western - but it was a real dump, and not a good location. The other options were full - so Holiday Inn was it. Service was fine, food was ok but overpriced as well. So - my recommendation is that unless you have to, stay somewhere other than in Suva. If you have to, the Holiday Inn will do, but I hope it is on an expense account. Otherwise you will feel you are being ripped off.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Holiday_Inn_Suva_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Suva, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Harkish,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for sharing your review. We always aim to improve our services and facilities and ensure we meet or exceed guest expectation and constructive feedback is much appreciated.

I am sorry you were disappointed with your experience and I hope you were able to notify a member of my team of your grievances during your stay as well so they had an opportunity to address them.

In regards of the internet charges our 24hr internet plan is approx. US 20 and we do not charge additional surcharges for upgrade in bandwidth for functional internet. Any charges or online purchase as for the internet package plans is never charged automatically without the authorization and consent of the buyer. We also provide a free help desk for internet as sometimes computer settings may disrupt IT functionality, but through this help desk we can determine if issues are user or hotel issues and in all cases are resolvable.

Thank you once again Harkish for your feedback and I have taken all of your feedback under consideration and hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Do feel free to contact me directly and I will definitely address and discuss.

Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I believe this property has had a makeover recently and I found it to be very pleasant. I had not stayed here for approximately 5 years, The reception and restaurant areas are attractive and there is plenty of outside seating around the pool.
My room was clean and well presented although there was a definite musty smell in the wing I was accommodated in.
All the services I would expect are available and (as with most Fiji properties) the staff were super friendly and accommodating. I found the housekeeping staff to be excellent. I had other colleagues with me and they were all pleased with their rooms and service!
Breakfast was included and was superb - plenty to fill up with for the day ahead. We had dinner in the main restaurant one night which was a little mixed. My main (lobster) was well cooked and presented but all the accompanying food lacked seasoning.

The hotel is well located and many parts of Suva are walking distance from the hotel. Fiji Museum is only about 800metres away and worth a wander through.

If they could just deal with that musty smell this hotel would be a 5!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear kiwisc0t,

Thank-you for your review and sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us and that your colleagues traveling with you also had a great stay. I have shared your comments with the team regarding the positive arrival experience from the lobby, the servicing of your room to the breakfast and pool deck / pizzeria experience and all comments were well received.

In regards to the musty odor you experienced we find that during this time of year the high humidity may cause this issue in the wing when you enter where you stayed, but we are trying different solutions to reduce this incident from occuring and am sure we will find a solution to this.

Once again thank you for the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Suva, Fiji
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Hello... i reached almost midnight in suva, i got room no.209,i wait 10 to 15 minutes no body on reception, only security guard was there. paid for room $369.00 FJD. when i enter in the room,it was not realy clean a diffrent kind of smell was there. its very well known company. i request to manegment please notice this small things.....

Dear Mittal88,

Thank you for taking the time to making me aware regarding your recent visit with us and my apologies if we caused you any inconvenience during your stay. I have taken your comments seriously and personally taken the responsibility to investigate the matter further with the team.

After reviewing the date & checkin time with our reception footage I was not able to confirm the 10 - 15 min delay and no-body on reception on your arrival at checkin as mentioned and that our checkin procedure was adhered to without delay from greeting on arrival from security to the receptionist etc...

In regards to room 209, I did also inspect the room as soon a I received your concern / comments but also was not able to determine a kind of smell in the room as you had experienced but never the less I have taken your comments on board and have discussed this with the Housekeeping team to ensure that our procedures of room cleaning is strictly followed to avoid this type of issue that you may of experienced.

Mital88 thank-you once again for your comments and allowing me the opportunity to investigate your concerns and feedback.

West Oz
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Only stayed one night on a driving trip around the island but wished we had stayed a bit longer.
All the staff were very well trained and friendly especially Alesio the porter who was most helpful with our heavy luggage.
Our room was well presented & clean and the bed was very comfortable.
We had a meal at the bar which was very tasty, the service was quick & friendly and price was very resonable, we also had room service in the evening which was also good although the service was a bit slow [+ 60 minutes].
Would definately recommend this hotel along with all other Holiday Inn Hotels we have stayed in over the years.

Room Tip: Stayed on the second floor of the west wing east end but would say the rooms on the top floor at the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear WestOzBB,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your recent stay with us. I have shared your review with the team and they were very appreciative of the feedback regarding your room and the meals you had at the Tapa Bar as well as the interaction with Elisio. In regards to Room Service my sincere apologies regarding the delay in delivery, the F&B team have been briefed accordingly with the feedback to ensure and avoid that this issue does not re-occur in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.Thank-you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Suva.

Sunshine Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

A little hesitant at first but with the reassurance of a friend who had stayed before, I relented and booked this for our stay in Suva - there really are not that many options within walking distance to town.

We stayed for three nights and wished we'd stayed longer as there we're so many things to like:

Staff: of all the lovely people we met during our time in Fiji the staff at Holiday Inn were the standouts. Just one example: one of the housekeeping staff spotted me on the way to the guest laundry and offerred to do my laundry for me. Within a couple of hours my laundry was returned to my room clean and fresh for the cost of a couple of washing machine/dryer tokens. We also had an endless stream of local visitors who were treated with courtesy and respect. When we left it was like saying goodbye to old friends - hugs all round from the staff on duty at the time.

Location: you can walk into town or take a taxi for a few dollars but catching the local bus from out the front of the hotel is a Fiji experience not to be missed. Have 70 cents ready and jump onboard - travel to the bus station and visit the market for a real taste of Fiji.

Wood Fired Pizzas by the pool: a great outlook over the ocean (not suitable for swimming but pretty to look at) our favourite way to unwind after a busy day in town was with a pizza by the pool as the sun went down.

Great beds: ours was so comfy and, despite the location by the main road into town, we slept peacefully each night.

As other reviewers have said, the hotel is not brand new and, as with other tropical locations, does struggle with minor mould and damp issues but this did not affect the quality of our stay.

Good to know: there is a large construction site next door to the hotel. If you're booking here over the next year or so be aware of this. The noise was minimal but it would have been good to be able to request a room away from this if we knew in advance.

Room Tip: Good to know: there is a large construction site next door to the hotel. If you're booking here...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Holiday_Inn_Suva_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Suva, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Coasties99,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience here at the Holiday Inn.

It was a pleasure for me as GM to share your comments with my team and proves there commitment on improving guest satisfaction and the services offered here at the Hotel.

We always welcome both positive & constructive comments as this really provides traction and keeps the hotel on track to ensure guest satisfaction.

Once again thank-you for the comments.

Joseph Della Gatta

Been to Holiday Inn Suva? Share your experiences!