“Great choice for business traveller” 5 of 5 stars

5 Princes Rd | GPO Box 704, Suva, Viti Levu, Fiji   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Suva
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Auckland, New Zealand
“Great choice for business traveller”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Nice, clean, handy to the city centre. Very old building but nicely renovated and up to speed. Nice pool, great landscaping. Had really good breakfast in the morning, nothing fancy, but good quality. Overall, would definetly come back if needed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We were here for only one night but would have loved to have had longer. A special place, a peek at Colonial Suva but with a thoroughly modern twist. As it was January and very hot, we were very appreciative of the air conditioned room. We would have enjoyed to have a meal there but were invited out with friends. The breakfast was a very nice tropical one with papaya and the usual cereals and yoghurts. A lovely and relaxing place to stay. Next time we would love to try out the bures in the garden which looked great.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Napier, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Lovely old colonial stye, boutique and intimate - rooms beautifully appointed, lovely grounds. Up on the hill overlooking Suva Harbor. Out of the central Suva 'hub drub' but only a quick $5 FJD taxi ride to town. Friendly, helpful staff and management. Very nice food and dinning area. Absolutely stunning large 'salt water' pool ( no chlorine) in a beautiful garden setting. Has good off street parking if you have a vehicle. Also has cabins and cottages. Very popular with visiting business people in the 'know'. It's not budget but treat yourself it's worth it. highly recommended

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Raymond Terrace, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My mother and I stayed here for 5 nights in late October this year. I chose the hotel mainly because it was one of the few accommodations available that had two bedrooms and was self catering. We stayed in the two bedroom garden villa and it was absolutely lovely. So quiet and tranquil, despite being on a very busy road. The staff is friendly and accommodating, and the meals at the restaurant are superb. I won't give this 5 stars, because for my elderly mother the pathways were a little bit trickly to navigate and our villa was quite a walk from the car park, but otherwise I can't recommend this place highly enough.

Room Tip: Choose a villa if they are available.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Apia, Samoa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I purposely chose Five Princes Hotel because it was a small hotel and therefore the experience will be more personal plus the photos were so inviting. Well it was exactly that. Set in a secluded garden setting, I stayed in one of the Garden Bures and enjoyed it so much. I woke up every morning to the sound of birds chirping in the garden. The staff were wonderful, each one of them made me feel very welcome. I also enjoyed the fact that they had a good relationship with the taxi company there who were always prompt to pick me up and drive me around town for business and pleasure.
Breakfast was delicious especially with Bobo's ( I hope I spelled that correctly) pancakes. Dinner was also tasty. Staff went out of their way to get my laundry done,dried and folded before catching my flight. They were great!!
Thank you Five Prince Hotel team for making my getaway a wonderful one. I hope you will visit me in Samoa so that I may return the favor. Vinaka Vaka Levu

Sylvia

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautifully decorated recommend them all.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Grounds immaculate gardens lovely
Old building nicely done
Could be romantic and secluded

Service was a shocker waitress in jandals ask us for wine no choice
Food overpriced inedible no one asked why we did not eat our meals when we got bill we could hardly speak we left
No music
Think owners were away
No one at reception waited ages before we found anyone
We had preorder menu day before offered chicken or fish grilled or pan fried that's it

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Our first impression was good, we were greeted by Helen warmly upon arrival. Our room was ready immediately and we are pleasantly surprised with the temperature and smell of the room, along with the cleanliness. The room also had a cute balcony. The main areas of the B&B are quite nice as well. The breakfast was not included for us. We were informed that the continental breakfast was $20 Fijian, and the Continental & hot food would be $30 Fijian. I think internet is extra too, but we already had a Vodafone WIFI adapter so it wasn't needed and therefore I cannot pass on the cost information. The staff was friendly and the room was great. Even though this isn't a very walkable location to downtown Suva, we would probably still stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Five Princes Hotel? Share your experiences!