“I can't wait to return” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Colonial Lodge Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Suva
Colonial Lodge Bed & Breakfast
You added Colonial Lodge Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
19 Anand Street | (off Robertson Road, Suva, Viti Levu, Fiji   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Specialty Lodging in Suva
Armidale, Australia
“I can't wait to return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

My 3 children and I love everything about the Colonial Lodge. We loved the people, atmosphere, staff, breakfast, location and the value for money. I recommend it to everyone I meet, especially those traveling on a budget.

Room Tip: The room upstairs might be the pick of the bunch or the two person dwelling out the back. There are...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed here with a friend for nearly a month as part of work experience at the local hospital. The lodge attracts a young crowd and although the dogs may give you some grief to begin with (dog-o-phobes may want to go elsewhere), they warm up to you eventually. Yes you stay in the basement but so long as the people you stay are vaguely considerate then its not usually an issue.

The owner is very nice and provides great home cooked food. The centre of town is about 5-7 minutes away and not a bad walk on the way in. You'll probably want to catch a cab to the pub/club side of town, but the taxis cost less than 4 quid so whatever! We had a bit of an ant issue, nothing major but enough to avoid leaving sweets out.

Lovely lounge area with a pool table and the owner's 2 children are very sweet. Rooms are big and spacious, although some of the rooms further from the entrance looked to be a bit isolated, and potential security issues were cited by the owner, but we never had any issues personally in this respect.

Would recommend CL to anyone visiting Suva for any length of time!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at Colonial Lodge three times while in Suva in April 2012, between trips to other islands, and loved it. Yes, it is simple and I had a slight disagreement with one of the resident dogs (people who are afraid of dogs might want to stay somewhere else) but I had a great time. The owner is lovely and friendly and very helpful, the location is great, and the rate is reasonable. At the time I was there there was also a tiny and super-adorable kitten, which made the stay even more memorable.

Thanks, Suzy!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Orange, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

After I read some reviews on tripadvisor, I stayed in the lodge. Honestly, this hostel was better than I had expected. The owner was friendly and breakfast was very good (maybe the best I had in Fiji!) The downside is, the guest rooms are located in the basement and you may hear footsteps over your head when you are lying on the bed. Power outlet was not available when I stayed, but I am not sure if it was temporary or permanent.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
suzie y, Owner at Colonial Lodge Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thank you for the kind words. For you information the power cut was temporary as the Fiji Electricity Authority tries its best to restore power around the country following the devastating damage by Cyclone Evans last week. the good news is that we now have two new dormitories upstairs with seaviews.!! Safe travels and hope to see you again Saki?
Kalmar, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

After staying at CL for longer than a month time at the beginning of my Internship in Suva Autumn, 2012 I just want to say a few supporting words. Being new in town with little experience of neither the country or Suva, CL is a great place to go to. You can get advices for everything and no subject is a bad subject. The place has a great common area where you can hang around and meet great people day after day. If you eat dinner at the place you are fortunate to take part of some great cooking, better than many Suva restaurants.

I see some comments below point at the place something it is not. If you go to Fiji and lodge you cannot expect a New York hotel. If that is what you want there are many luxurious hotels all over the country. CL is an affordable, friendly and supportive destination where you can feel like home wherever you are from in the world. If you by yourself, on a smaller budget or just simply like to meet interesting people, share stories and dream yourself away into the Fijian night, this is the place to do it.

Jonas

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Basel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

backpackers. Though my room was spacious and had ensuite-bathroom, it was dark and stuffy. The plumbing is in sad need of repair - I could not have a proper shower. In the "kitchenette" (it is not much more than an extra sink) the pipes were dripping non-stop. The floors were clean, but there were dirty mats everywhere - I removed them into a corner. The house could be a colonial gem, the location is close to city centre - but there is serious need for maintenance. I found the table-mats on the break-fast table filthy and disgusting. Three dogs are roaming the property - not aggressive, but preferably blocking one's way. The online-booking was uncomplicated, but the people there are so much laid-back that I did not feel welcome.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
This review comes as a complete surprise as the room being discussed has just been freshly painted and has a new bathroom makeover. I normally give my guests the benefit of the doubt, but its not nice to condemn a place because of a leaking tap that wasn't causing any danger to the guests' health or safety!

I apolgised to the guest when she told me about the leaking tap and explained to her that our handyman was on his annual leave and we just cannot hire complete strangers to go into rooms that are occupied by guests, besides it was not a life or death situation. A basin was put under the sink and the leak problem was temporarily solved. Thanks for bringing to my attention, the dirty mats. I'll look into this as soon as possible. Please be fair with your comments in the future and if possible explain why you did not feel welcome at our lodge as this is contrary to what others say about us!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a few days on a gap year back in 2009. It is a typical gap year/traveller bunk house, but is a great place to stay with everything you need either a quick shout or a short walk away. Good value for money, fond memories.

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Colonial Lodge Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!