I agree with all the positive comments written here, which is one of the reasons I chose the Bedarra. I was looking for a relatively cheap stay in Fiji without having to share a room or facilities with strangers, so this place seemed like a good middle ground. The staff are truly wonderful and friendly and even seemed quite sincere in their greetings. Everyone in Fiji says Bula, wherever you go, so it can just seem like lip service after a while but at the Bedarra, you would actually get more than just Bula, they knew your name, any special requests you had and would make the effort to talk to you and get to know you - much appreciated when you are a solo traveller.
It is not a resort and does not claim to be, so if you are looking for a day of structured activities and someone to supply all your entertainment, then this isn't the place for you. Go and pay double or triple at a resort and be surrounded by hundreds of people and a crowded pool and regular announcements over the intercom of what the next activity will be. I took a walk to the nearby resort and while at first impressed by its size and gardens, the anonymity of the place and the noise quickly made me realise why I don't have a desire to stay at a resort, I went to Fiji to see Fiji, not to stay in the resort grounds having room service and beauty treatments all day. By the way, you can get room service at the Bedarra if you want, you just need to go and order it from the bar as there are no phones but they will be happy to bring it to your room when ready.
Also the staff at reception were always helpful with any questions you had and didn't try to sell you the most expensive option when looking for transport or places to go. This was a nice change from more expensive hotels I have stayed at.
So if you are looking for a place to get away from the hustle and bustle, relax, unwind, read a book and get some peace and quiet then this is the place to go.
Vinaka to the staff at the Bedarra.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer the personalized, intimate & friendly service of a small Inn with the luxurious accommodation, exquisite cuisine and special attention you'd expect from a large international resort costing twice the price. Our goal is to welcome you as guests, care for you as family and remember you as friends. 2 Great restaurants, unique cocktail bar, pool, lagoon beach, all rooms air-conditioned. Near Outrigger on the Lagoon Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, HostelWorld, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Bedarra Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bedarra Beach Hotel Sigatoka
- Bedarra Beach Inn Fiji/Sigatoka