“Hotel yes, area no...” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Havelock North, New Zealand
“Hotel yes, area no...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We arrived at Bedarra to find that a mistake had been made with our booking. The duty manager didn't deal with it well, but the hotel manager was courteous and very accommodating, which impressed us. The hotel is very nice - good sized rooms, well-serviced, with pool and restaurant/bar. For us, having come straight from an idyllic Fijian island, the area was a disappointment. I can highly recommend Kula Eco Park, but in general this region is not what I would be looking for in a Fijian holiday. We travelled as a family, but many visitors seemed to hop from 1 happy hour to the next trying to drink as much as possible. There is a small beach and a snorkelling lagoon, but there was a lot of broken glass on the beach amongst the coral. The hotel does what it does well, but think about what you want out of your holiday and make your choice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This place might just be the best Hotel in the world! I am lucky enough to have stayed all over the place but on this occasion our stay was excellent in every way from the moment we arrived about 5.45am!! We were made so welcome is was hard to comprehend, Great food, Great Staff, great views, large spacious rooms, I cannot recommend this place enough. So much nicer that staff know you by name immediately, rather than the big faceless outrigger resort up the road where you are just one of many hundreds if not thousands of guests.

Go there!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My wife and i spent a very enjoyable 9 days at Bedarra Beach Inn.

Our large Bure Style Room was well decorated and kept to a high standard throughout our stay.

The staff were excellent, friendly and helped to make the stay a memorable one.

Snorkeling on the lagoon was free and enjoyable and we also had a shot at Kayaking on the lagoon which again was a free extra.

Hotel itself is very clean, gardens are well kept and the overall feel of the place is small and well looked after. All adds to the relaxed nature of the stay.

The bar is good fun and we enjoyed a few too many happy hour cocktails. Bar staff are again attentive and friendly.

Lastly the food in the restaurant was excellent. We had dinner there almost every night and apart from one slightly disappointing pasta dish every thing we had was great and would highly recommend.

We loved the Bedarra and if we are lucky enough to return to Fiji any time soon we shall definitely be back at the Bedarra for a few days relaxation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We spent two nights at this hotel. Very friendly staff. Small beach in front of the hotel good for snorkeling at hight tide but not for swimming. The hotel restaurant is good and you have other restaurant alternatives very close by.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We spent 7 nights at the Bedarra and loved it. The staff were friendly, and very welcoming. They knew who u were and what room you were staying in from start to finish. We stayed in one of the standard room which is off the restaurant and bar but noise was not an issues as it all closes up at 10pm. The food was amazing and guests were also very friendly. We would most def return to the Bedarra

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I returned to Bedarra recently after having stayed 18 months prior. It was so lovely to be remembered by the staff and welcomed back like a returning friend. This place is a wonderful alternative to the large resorts. It offers clean, cool, large rooms at a very reasonable price and in a lovely location. The BBI spa is serene and offers some very nice treatments - during this stay I enjoyed the complimentary foot ritual very much. The restaurant offers very good and reasonably priced food with a view that can't be beaten. Vinaka vaka levu to the team at Bedarra - we will see you in January with the rest of the gang :)

Room Tip: If you like to sleep in, choose the deluxe rooms away from the main area.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

As I sit here on my balcony on my last full day of this trip I once again find myself planning for my next visit to Korotogo and the beautiful Bedarra Beach Inn. This is our first time to Fiji in over 30 years coming to Fiji in winter as opposed to Dec/Jan. It's still beautiful just not as humid. Some strong winds and there are waves crashing over the reef, I could watch it all day. Bedarra has once again met and exceeded all my expectations. I do not come here expecting the trappings of a large chain hotel, I come here to relax, to be, to feel like I am visiting old friends (which I am) and to be able to do whatever I like when I like. The food as usual is lovely, the staff always welcoming, happy to have a laugh with you but also respecting your privacy. The hotel has had some renovations which are lovely yet simple and elegant still keeping the Bedarra charm. Actually my room is yet to be renovated but who cares, it's comfortable, clean and has a great view.....no TV, no Phone, good Wifi ( yes I love my iPad), and I have had to use the WiFi to download some more books into my Kindle. I've had a couple of spa treatments here as well, very nice and so easy to get to. A one minute walk from anywhere in the hotel. Note of warning - do not come here if you want a night club or bars staying open until the wee hours, flat screen TVs, screaming children everywhere and 100's of faceless nameless people around. You won't get that here. You will be greeted by name by all staff, you will meet some really interesting guests from all over the world and you will become so relaxed you may need to be carried home. I guarantee you, you will not regret your stay. Thanks once again Bedarra, 184 sleeps until I return again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Bedarra Beach Inn? Share your experiences!