This place is truly paradise. It is a real getaway from the rat race, waking up everyday to amazing views and the sound of the ocean. As there are not many villas (4 total with 2 units each), you sometimes feel like the only one there. Great to get away from all the touristy areas, you feel close to nature surrounded by all the fruit trees, cassava plants, horses and cows (who provide fresh milk for breakfast). We have great memories of exploring along the beach with the residents dogs Buffy and Ranger, who are great companions. We went for hours and never saw another soul except sometimes locals going fishing who were, like all Fijians, very friendly. The food served at the restaurant is all fresh and delicious, with some ingredients being grown at the property. The food is a mix of Fijian (Fish in coconut cream is a must), Indian and European food (I wish I could cook pan-fried lamb like they do). All of the staff are wonderful and accommodating, working hard to make sure your stay is enjoyable (perhaps too hard). Special thanks to Ole for being a most gracious host, she truly is an asset to this place. Also thank you to Wasake for making our horse riding and cave visit something special. We loved that there was no tv, no internet (although you can connect if you want), and no electricity in the day was no problem. We have never had so much sleep in our lives and it was so nice to hear the sound of the ocean at night. The hot water is solar powered so hope it doesn't rain! It is not cold here even in "winter" anyway though. Lovo night was a highlight, it was great to chat to other guests over a delicious Fijian style dinner. There are lots of activities such as kayaking, snorkeling (not the best but a real treat to have at your doorstep), or just reading a book on the hammocks.
Now to the unfortunate aspects of our stay, which were small but deserve a mention. We would not recommend purchasing the "All Inclusive" package, as the only benefit for an extra $140FJD/night is that food is included. We were initially told that we could order anything from the menu, however later on we were told that ordering Lovo or any seafood on the menu would incur an extra charge. Now, being in Fiji, you want to eat the seafood! So it is actually cheaper to just order the food as you go, as the meals are quite cheap (Breakfast $15FJD and lunch and dinner $20-30FJD). It is not possible for two people to get $140FJD worth of meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner each day given the limited menu (on the "All Inclusive" deal) and the fact that you only eat one meal due to check-in and check-out on the first and last day of your stay. However, on checkout Ole was very accommodating and it was all sorted out in the end, however best to avoid confusion and not purchase "ALL" inclusive (the name is misleading). Ultimately, you could just eat breakfast and dinner each day as the meals are so substantial. We wish we had done this as we would have saved quite a bit of money that we saved a long time for and still been very satisfied.
Finally, it was groundhog day with the owner who repeatedly tried to up-sell us things each day as though he had never met us before, despite staying for a week. We found this quite rude and made us feel like a walking dollar sign. All other staff were wonderful however. Overall I would highly recommend staying here (so long as you avoid pre-paying for meals).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Namuka bay lagoon is more of a hideaway than a frilly resort it offers wellness in its serene and unpulluted surroundings, adventure in its limestone caves and historic archelogical sites and activities ranging from mountain biking,kayaking, horseriding, massage,meditation,snorkelling,hiking to nearby Fijian village or to nearby 5 star rssorts.The Namuka Bay lagoon is very safe for kids and it is the last part of the mainland which still has live coral.Namuka bay promises a healthy you, through our resorts gardens and corn fed pultry and meadow fresh milk and eggs. If you want to feel alive again try us..you wont be disapointed Namuka is Fiji's newly discovered paradise its not only for a new breed of eco-travellers but its for those who want to rejuvenate themselves and return to mother nature itself A unique blend of nature and adventure awaits you ...hidden amongst rolling hills of a tropical rainforest. Namuka Bay promises more than just a holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Namuka Bay Lagoon Hotel Sigatoka
- Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort Fiji/Sigatoka