“Great Spot, but needs some TLC” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort

You added Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort to your Saves list
Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Nadiri Junction (right handside)before Cuvu | Cuvu Sigatoka, Sigatoka, Viti Levu P.O BOX 251, Fiji   |
Special Offer
US$79 BEACHFRONT VILLAS
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Sigatoka
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Spot, but needs some TLC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We recently stayed at Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort and we were very surprised.
The service was first rate, especially the food, hats of to Anna the chef.
Most of the fruit and vegetables were grown on the resort and each meal was prepared and cooked once you ordered. The meal did take a while to be served, but was well worth the wait.

The beach bura's were very nice, but could do with a little maintenance and the road leading to the resort was a little rough. Recommended if you want a nice peaceful holiday.

Anna also took us on a cave and archaeological tour of the area which was very interesting and was enjoyed by all.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We came upon Namuka Bay Lagoon purely by accident and it was everything we were looking for. Upon our arrival we were in awe of the resort. Growing up in a big city, I loved being surrounded by the fruit trees, organic gardens, cows, horses, and local birds. The villas sit just yards from a beautiful beach with crystal clean water. There is great snorkeling among the coral - tons of beautiful fish and starfish.

The staff was friendly, helpful, and accommodating. Ole, our host, is an asset to any business - she was beyond professional and helpful, making sure we always had everything we needed.

The rooms were comfortable, clean, and peaceful. There is no electricity or wifi until the evening but you'll be too busy relaxing and enjoying the property to care,

The food was delicious - we enjoyed everything we ate. The fruit was out of this world. The menu is on the small but you will have everything you need and the staff will do their best to accommodate your needs.

Namuka Bay is a good distance by foot and even by car from another town/resort. I recommend stopping off at market on the way to pick up snacks, extra water, and alcohol. The staff will store your beverages in the fridge so they turn icy cold. We brought some cookies, chips, granola, chocolate and we were more than set for our 3 day stay. If you'd like to visit the resort or town nearby, just let the staff know and they will help arrange it for you.

Thank you to everyone at Namuka Bay - we're looking forward to returning in the future!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Vantaa, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort is a family owned eco-resort where you can find a beautiful beach with crystal clear water and lots of nature everywhere. Atmosphere in Namuka Bay is nice &relaxed and staff is very welcoming. It is a place with mixed cultures, Indians and Fijians, and this bings it's unique feeling. Namuka Bay offers villas and also budget option for backpackers.

The owners are living in the resort and they make sure that you are pleased with your stay. You get to meet them everyday and it almost feels like you are part of the family.

The resort is growing their own fruits and vegetables and everything is organic. When you order a meal, it is made from the scratch with fresh ingredients. Food here is excellent and serving size is big.

The resort have archeological site and limestone cave with exciting history of cannibalism. You are able to explore surrounding area by short walks. There is also lots of hills for hiking too. The resort offers good snorkeling on their own beach, kayaking and horse riding. You can see cows and horses wandering around.

Before arriving to the Namuka Bay, i did an island hopping at Yasawas and Mamanucas and i was very dissapointed of how touristic and expensive they are. Comparing the outer islands and Namuka Bay, you can't find better place and value for your money than the Namuka Bay Resort. I would say that this a five star resort.

If you are in Nadi, you can find more information from the tourist information center and they can easily arrange your stay in Namuka Bay Resort.

Don't let the word "resort" get you wrong, you'll love this place.
Skip Yasawas or Shangri La and go to Namuka Bay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

If you want a quiet holiday with limited disruptions then Namuka is the place for you. This resort Is ideal for people wanting a simple and relaxing holiday. It’s very isolated. A long scenic drive from the main road will cost about $10-15FJD in a taxi. Once you arrive the location is breathtaking. The palm trees and lush landscape boast beautiful views over an inviting blue lagoon. The big villas face the water and are spacious and clean although no curtains or mosquito nets. I’ve also previously stayed in the standard accommodation which is better suited to people on a budget (backpackers) the standard rooms are very basic, old and very tired but for what you pay that’s expected. It’s all about the location!

There is no electricity at all during the day and a generator provides electricity at night time for a few hours. So don’t expect your gadgets to be fully charged or to have television etc. you need to entertain yourself. I loved this. I loved the fact it was a break from technology and the normally busy lifestyle.

The beach: white sandy beach with beautiful lagoon for swimming and exploring. You will need to bring reef shoes to walk into the water. Of course you can go bare foot as some parts are sandy without coral but I wore my reef shoes and this meant I could with ease enjoy my swim and get in and out without concern over the coral cutting my feet. It is one of the best beaches I’ve seen on the main Island of Fiji! Most of the beaches on the main island are either too shallow with reef or unsuitable for other reasons. This location allows all day swimming!
The restaurant: very limited menu but it’s all delicious. Even though it’s a small choice each item on the menu was so nice! Everything seemed healthy and filling. The food was great!

The Price: great value for money!

Location: breathtaking, private, isolated, simple, good for couples wanting time alone. Limited entertainment so get creative and make your own fun. I loved just sunbaking, swimming and exploring.

The Staff: so welcoming and hard working. Everyone went above and beyond to the best of their ability to ensure our stay was enjoyable. I noticed the same staff were working from sunrise til when I went to bed and possibly even later. I would like to see the resort have a rotating roster to allow staff to rest. I did notice some staff members didn't have defined job roles for example the receptionist (who was wonderful) also seemed to be the housekeeper, the one doing the laundry, taking all queries and concerns, activities, even at times helping in the kitchen and even being a waitress! she was marvelous at all these duties but as a guest i do feel perhaps these roles should be divided up and not placed all on one staff member as it appeared. From a business point of view it does not look professional. It would also be nice to have the staff in uniforms too so its clear who is on duty and who is not as staff live on the premisses.

Mishaps: we did have a mishap that caused us to question some of the safety policies in the resort in regards to electricity. We discussed this with the owner who was quick to have a professional come to address the problem. My only suggestion to the owner is to ensure all occupational health and safety procedures are up to date and well managed to avoid problems in the future. This is a wonderful property and it would be a shame if poor management meant the property devalued.

I will definitely be returning to this paradise for some relaxation and simple living. I loved the location and enjoyed my time here. I will be recommending this resort. overall i love it!

Room Tip: standard rooms are cheap. they are basic, old and tired but will do the job if all you need is a pla...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Spent my new years eve and new year at Namuka with my love. It is just simply an awesome getaway from your everyday life. Sunset, sunrise, beach and the calm atomsphere let's oneself indulge in the nature and its beautiful paradise. Managment and staff of Namuka Bay Lagoon are very friendly and assistive. The villas itself are just 5-6m away from the beach. Its one of the best places I have been to and for couples, I would say its a best getaway from a busy and fast pase daily life. Enjoy!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

This was a wonderful place. If I could give it a higher rating than 'Excellent' I would. From the moment we arrived we began to relax. The resort has clearly been renovated recently, and the villas are comfortable, simple, and well built. I liked the outdoor shower--even in the rain. The beach is almost on the doorstep. I enjoyed being able to snorkel in the lagoon, without having to feel nervous about currents. The water temperature ranged from 'pleasantly tepid' to 'almost like being in a bath'. The fish and corals were many and varied, and we never got tired of looking at them. Everyone was kindness itself--there was a feeling of genuine warmth from all the staff that made our holiday really special. The owners (Ali and Sarah) live on site, and we felt that we were being welcomed to their home. This is a place for people who want to relax, enjoy the scenery, maybe make small excursions (we didn't, as we didn't have a car, but we did enjoy walking along the disused sugarcane railway). I can imagine kids having a ball here--it is also a farm, and they have horses for riding, as well as the wonderful safe swimming. Did I mention the food? Unpretentious, but really good. My husband liked the chicken so much he had it almost every night. Ali, Sarah, Ale, Annie, Sylvie, Simon, John, thank you all. I really would like to come back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Eagle Nest, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort is like a little piece of Heaven in Fiji. For travelers who are looking for something off the beaten path, this is the perfect destination. The resort is 6km off the main road directly on the beach. The villas are nicely appointed with mahogany floors and well made furnishings and are situated 30 feet from the sandy beach. The area is pristine - no manicured beaches. The jungle comes right up to the beach, and you can even see wlld horses galloping in the distance! Namuka Bay is a piece of paradise carved out of the jungle.

To me, the resort easily compares to the $500 US per night tourist resorts - but with much more privacy and incredible value for your money.

The resort is family owned for five generations. Mama San as I call her is the great great grandma and the real boss LOL, yet the grandson runs the day-to-day administration. The staff give personalized service - unequaled in any country or hotel I've been in. Ale and Annie take great care of the rooms, and Sylvia is the outstanding chef.

The restaurant is open 24 hours per day, and Sylvia cooks authentic Fijian dishes and other types of cuisine. If you want breakfast at 4:00 am, no problem! A midnight snack is okay too.

There might be complaints about the lack of electricity during daylight hours and no TV, but you do get the electric back on at sunset and through the night into the morning hours. I got used to it quickly, and it was fine. If this is an issue, why did you come to Fiji? To stay in your room?

I am a spiritual teacher, and let me say that this is the perfect place to get away to find the peace and solace that we all need today. I stayed nearly a month here and feel fresh and rejuvenated. I highly recommend Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort and will stay here again on any future trips to the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Been to Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort? Share your experiences!