“Thumbs up -- Tambua Sands” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tambua Sands

You added Tambua Sands to your Saves list
Tambua Sands
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Queen's Highway | PO Box 100, Korolevu, Sigatoka, Viti Levu, Fiji   |
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Sigatoka
Menlo Park
“Thumbs up -- Tambua Sands”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2007

I recently stayed at this resort by myself (husband couldn't come) as a way to break up my flight to/from Australia. The staff is very friendly and most called me by my name. Then, the resort seems to attract a nice group of travelers and although I was alone, I quickly
made friends with an Australian family and we saw sights and took meals together. The food at the resort was excellent and among the best I've eaten anywhere. The entrees (appetizers) were generously portioned and I often ate those for my evening meal; this helped me save my waistline while cutting costs! I found out out later that an executive chef planned their menu selections and if the resort offered a cookbook, I would have bought it. The resort's brochure does not do justice to the view from the beach-front accommodations! Bring snorkling gear and at high tide, you will be able to walk into the warm water from your room and see lots of fish! You can do a lot from the resort, which is centrally located on the main island. A bus
provides regular service around the island and is an inexpensive way to get around. A local village was also a short walk away (along the beach!) and my visit to their church service was the highlight of my trip. Finally, Fiji's airline -- Air Pacific -- seems to be a subsidiary of Qantas and it seemed completely reliable and it offered a free stop in Fiji. I left Fiji planning to be back -- partly for the clearly loving and big hearted people along with the relaxing lifestyle and scenic beauty.

• Liked — The food
  • Disliked — Instant coffee in the room; better to have a pot to brew fresh!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2006

I stayed in Tambua Sands for 4 nights in May 2006. I know the resort is only 2 1/2 star rating, but expected a bit better.
Rooms were clean but needed alot of maintenence, bathroom very shabby and no hot water!!!!
The restaurant was very average in both food and service.
On the up side, we did encounter a few wonderful staff members that made the stay a nicer experience.
The grounds were well kept and the setting on the beach front was very nice.

Stayed May 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2006

We stayed at Tambua Sands Resort which is located on the Coral Coast of Fiji. I guess we were expecting more ... of everything. The food was only passable, but not exceptional. And the owners/management were not willing to accommodate special requests. For instance, we went diving and when we got back, we didn't feel like a 3 course dinner, just a soup and salad. They had soups and salads as starters on the menu, so we knew that they were available, but we could ONLY get a 3 course dinner! The staff seemed unhappy, not what we know from usual Fiji friendliness. The owners are older Americans and they seemed rigid and inflexible with both their guests and staff. One girl staying there got in trouble for having her boyfriend stay with her, because she wasn't married! The whole resort seemed to exude a very strange atmosphere. While the rooms were clean, they were dark as was the whole resort. Activities were not readily available, although they say they have on site activites, we found it to be lacking. We had booked for a week stay, but ended up leaving after 3 nights (with no refund available to us). If you are looking for the typical Fijian experience, look elsewhere. If you just need a room to sleep in and have other plans throughout the day, this would be fine as a step up from a budget/basic resort.

Been to Tambua Sands? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Tambua Sands

Address: Queen's Highway | PO Box 100, Korolevu, Sigatoka, Viti Levu, Fiji
Location: Fiji > Viti Levu > Coral Coast > Sigatoka
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Free Parking Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#8 On the Beach Hotel in Sigatoka
Hotel Class:3 star — Tambua Sands 3*
Set on 17 pristine acres on the breathtaking Coral Coast of Fiji, Tambua Sands Beach Resort is a South Pacific escape for the soul. Bathe in the warm South Pacific waters, relax on a white sand beach, and articlee in to our blue lagoon and fresh water pool. Discover a romantic vacation getaway, where you are free to relax, indulge, play, eat, celebrate and fall in love at our spectacular Fiji luxury resort ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Tambua Sands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Tambua Sands Sigatoka
Tambua Sands Hotel Sigatoka
Tambua Sands Fiji/Sigatoka

If you own or manage Tambua Sands, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.