“Great service. Terrible food!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 18 restaurants in Sigatoka
Cuisines: Indian
melbourne
“Great service. Terrible food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We were sick of resort food and wanted to try a local restaurant. The concierge recommended Raj's. well the food was terrible, unhygienic and smelt weird. Our 12 year old actually started crying. The waitress was very attentive and lovely. We were the only customers so I guess she was happy to have something to do. Hot beer, gross food, stinky restaurant, no air con, flies, stray cats and cockroaches. We actually had a good laugh about it in the end!! Not sure why this place was recommended to us. Oh well, it was an experience!

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
rajscurryhouse, Manager at Raj's Curry House, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for the lovely words, but for your information we are one of the best restaurant
in town, about our food its always hygienic and the best, we always serve cold beer and our dining area is A/C, anyways thanks for the advice and better luck next time.

61% Recommend
Brisbane, Australia
“Curry curry curry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

If your game the food here has a great local reputation, be carefull it's curry lol. If your adventurous pop in say bula and have great smiles and some food you'll never forget. My rating 6.5/10

Visited August 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Salty Goat”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Raj's Curry House is the most recommended curry house in Sigatoka - and that's saying a lot. It's empty when we stopped in for a curry lunch during our only 3 hours away from the hotel. We were the only people in the restaurant (luckily as there was only one server) - we had 2 hours to kill so we needed to stretch our meal out. We ordered some fritters which were nice - soft and flavoursome - we were looking forward to the food. My husband ordered 'Butter Chicken' - which looked like a wet stirfry with sauce when it came out. The cream they used was scorched and the entire dish left a taste of bitterness and regret. My 'boneless lamb curry' turned out to be tiny (think half the size of the nail on your little finger) cut up pieces of fatty goat in an overly salty almost inedible curry. This came with some slushy tomato (apparently that was relish), some rather tasty dhal and some rubbery roti. To make matters worse for me - I dropped some on my shirt and that pissed me off because now I have to see that horrible food on my tshirt every time I wear it.

Visited November 2012
Alexandra Headland, Australia
“Great local food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Curry great, ambience nil. They could just try a little harder and it would be the sort of place you might want to sit and stay

Visited July 2012
Sigatoka, Fiji
“For Curry Lovers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Always great curry. Cheap and delicious. There's nothing fancy about it, but the place is clean and its very popular with locals.
Tourists might be tempted to try some western-style dishes from the menu, but just stick with the curry and you won't be disappointed. That is what they do best.

Visited October 2012