“If only work was always this enjoyable!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Sigatoka
Sydney, Australia
“If only work was always this enjoyable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

What a sensational location for a conference! The staff were prepared to go that extra mile everytime and the resort simply provided a backdrop that ensured our event had no other option but to be a succcess. The work side was great, but being able to combine work with pleasure in such a beautiful setting made this an event that will find hard to top!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Fiji_Staff, Marketing Coordinator (sanjeshni.nand@ihg.com) at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 28, 2010
Thank you for your feedback. It now gives you an opportunity to return for a leisure trip.

Scott Willams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
  • Korean first
Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

We were fortunate enough to spend time here in July for our Conference. The layout of the resort was great - right from arrival when you drive over the hill and see the resort buildings and the breaking waves sprawled out in front of you. The rooms were one of the highlights - so amazing you could actually holiday in them and not want to leave your room. The private outdoor balcony with huge soak bath and day bed - there are curtains for the not-so-brave ... and they even have candles for those guests wanting to take advantage of the bubble bath.

Being located on the coral coast it was quite windy - but you tend to get used to it after a while.

Staff were so friendly and helpful - we had a great time. I'm looking forward to going back just to indulge more in the infinity pool, and walk the fabulous beach.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
We appreciate your kind feedback. It is delighting to know that you had experienced a wonderful stay encouraging your return. We look forward to your return.

Oslo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

I'm really split in my mind about this place.

To take the good things first:
The property is fantastic. Great rooms, and the cleopatra bath tubs on the balcony really makes them special. The beach is nice and so are the pool areas. Staff is helpful and friendly (too much for my liking but this is the Fiji way)

The downside is that the place is really in the middle of nowhere. You really have nowhere else to go unless you go away on a daytrip. That means that you are stuck with the hotel's restaurants most of the time. This is a bigger issue than you would think since the quality of the food definitely is below par.

I will not return

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your feedback. It is unfortunate that you were unable to enjoy the food. Hopefully you had a chance to try all our outlets.

Please allow yourself to return and experience the service again and we will be happy to discuss with you what you didnt quite enjoy.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

Reading through the recent reviews on this hotel, I think you really do need to read with an open mind as some people's experiences are always going to be different from other's. We stayed here for 4 days and it was great. The hotel is lovely (we've stayed in Thailand and Bali before at comparable hotels and it was just as good as those) but what really surpised me was the service. I was expecting 'Fiji-time' but I got none of that. And we were there when they had a large conference in and were preparing for the Pacific Islands Forum. We had no forgotten orders/drinks/long waits. In fact, everyone was super-friendly and remembered us on each return visit. They were also very accommodating in providing our toddler with 'special' meals! Our food was also fine. It was what you would expect in a resort.

The only issue we had was our choice of room. We chose a Lagoon Suite as I thought we'd be able to enjoy the terrace and the views of the beach lagoon while our baby slept but it really was too windy to sit outside. On speaking with the staff, they said this was quite common. The pool areas were fine though (just a light wind) so I'd suggest you go one of the rooms away from the lagoon as this seems to be the windiest area (as a previous reviewer said, it was a wind tunnel!). We could have asked to be moved and I'm sure they would have accommodated it but we didn't.

I also tried the spa which was great, and we had a babysitter one night who was lovely.

If you're looking for a holiday with all the trimmings, this is for you. But I'd also recommend you experience the islands, which while are a different resort experience, are worth it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your positive feedback and it is wonderful to know that you enjoyed the resort and the services provided to you.

We look forward to you return.

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

We were fortunate to spend a week at this lovely hotel at the end of July. We had a beautiful ground floor beachfront room which was fabulous. The management had champagne on ice for my husband's birthday on arrival which just a perfect touch. We just quickly poured a glass and sat outside to watch the amazing sunset.

I can't say enough about the friendliness of the staff, they really made our stay from the moment we stepped into the foyer to the moment we left. There are 5 star hotels everywhere but the staff made our holiday extra special and we are planning to come back again next year.

We enjoyed the food and particulary the Kokoda (pronounced Kokonda) which is fish marinated in lime juice with cocounut milk, spanish onion, chilli - yum. The breakfasts were great and I can't think of anything else that you would need. We ate mostly at the Toba Bar and Grill and also a had a lovely meal at the Navo Restaurant. I didn't have a complaint with the food. It is not fine dining but everything we ate was delicious and we always received friendly and efficient service. The Mojitos at the Toba Bar were particularly good.

The spa was a totally relaxing and special experience. In the past I thought that the Four Seasons in Bali was the best spa but this definitely equalled and maybe surpassed that.

The weather isn't something you can control and it was a bit windy on a couple of days but nothing that spoilt our stay.

There were a few conferences at the hotel whilst we were there but that didn't affect us in any way. The adult's pool was a little cool in temperature for me but that's a personal preference.

All in all it was just a lovely, relaxing holiday which we were both needed.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Fiji_Staff, Marketing Coordinator (sanjeshni.nand@ihg.com) at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 29, 2010
Thank you for your feedback and its nice to know that you had enjoyed the facilities. We have a wonderful team assisting us to ensure you have a great time.
Looking forward to your next visit.

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

My daughter and I have just returned from staying for three months in this Special Space on this Earth, The Intercontinental Fiji Golf Resort and Spa. My loving husband joined us for some of this time, taking time from his very busy life.

I was experiencing constant, debilitating and life- altering pain from a severe chronic illness when I arrived here and my future was looking very grim.
After having been surrounded by the love and energy of every incredible person who works in this amazing Resort I can now face my future with renewed optimism and strength.

Thank you to the F & B managers and the Executive Sous Chef for your companionship, constant consideration, connectedness and delicious, nurturing food. I know how much thought and energy has been going into developing your wonderful menus.

Thank you to the rest of the Management for your compassion, empathy and for making sure we were only ever totally looked after.

My love and thanks to my two special Spa Therapists, now my dear friends, for your gentle, life-affirming massages. Don't go home without experiencing the exquisite Spa.

It has been an absolute delight to meet the new General Manager and his amazing, beautiful family. I know You will leave Your special mark on this place.

Most of all, thank you to all of the wonderful staff who have shown us such care, love and support; not to mention your radiant smiles, laughter, dancing, joy, humour and the sharing of precious insights into your lives. You are an amazing group of people and Intercontinental are very blessed to have you. We are Really Missing You All.

I would highly recommend this Resort to anyone who wants to experience an Exquisite and totally Unique Resort on one of the most beautiful beaches, Natadola Beach, you will ever find surrounded by such natural physical majesty.

Navo Island, which faces the resort, is a Sacred Site for the local Indigenous people. We found it to be both captivating and haunting. To really experience this, make sure you take the time to book a table at the Navo Restaurant.

While you are staying there, ask the Fijian staff about their culture, stories and myths. They will joyfully share these with you.

My husband found the Golf Course to be amazing in both its design and position overlooking the sea. Having played on courses in many different parts of the world, he has rated this amongst the Best.

The rooms we have been staying in are superbly appointed, not only for comfort but also to make the most of the sea views. I especially loved the Cleopatra style Bathtub outside, where I could enjoy the ever changing sounds of the ocean and the wonderous colours as the day progressed from morning into twilight; from brilliant sunshine to gathering storm clouds.

The weather has been very kind, giving us sunshine and warmth so we could swim daily in the pristine azure blue sea and lagoon and go snorkelling to discover the amazing marine life just metres from the Beach. The gentle and sometimes not so gentle rain allowed us to watch the gardens grow.

My daughter and I have watched with amazement at the level of commitment and dedication of every person working there, whether they be the Wait staff, the Housekeepers, the Engineering department, the wonderful Therapists from the Spa, the Chefs or the motivated and motivating Management team. Each of them is putting in 110% to ensure that every guest’s stay at the Intercontinental Fiji will be a memorable one.

While there, we were fortunate to witness, in growing awe, the Welcoming ceremonies, unique to the Fijian culture, which were organised by the local Indigenous owners from Sanasana village in consultation with the Management for the “Engaging with the Pacific” Group Meeting. Every guest was given an explanation of each part of this ceremony and its place and meaning in the Fijian Culture.
Such honouring of and interaction with the Fijian people and their culture is an integral part of the philosophy of this Resort.

I am in no doubt that after the staff have sung you their farewell song, Isa Lei, Your Heart will tell you that you must return. Part of my heart is still there.

Gordian

• Stayed July 2010
Dear Gordian

We really appreciate your warm kindness that you have spread across for the entire team our resort.
It is so good to know that you well and truly had a chance to go through with all the wonderful experiences during your stay.
Together with the team, I look forward to your next stay with us.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

I came across this site after our trip was booked. After reading the reviews i had some concerns on what to expect during our stay.

On arrival much to our delight we were upgraded to a room by the lagoon and the friends that we were travelling with where were upgraded to the club area. I have to thank all the buggy drivers who would drive us up and down that hill during all hours of the night.

I did not move from the adult pool during my stay. The bar staff were superb catering to all my needs. Naruma was the best. From across the pool i would give him my order with a thumbs up. If i wanted it served in a coconut i would draw a circle. If i needed an umbrella Josiah would always magically find one for me. Bless Save and his high tides and Renuka who would always start a bar tab for us on our arrival knowing we would be there all day.

Managment please take note of the staff that i mentioned as it is due to them and the service they provided that has made us decide that "this" is the place we will be returning to.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind feedback and like you have already mentioned, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Scott Willams

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!