Stayed for 7 nights in a club suite at $1200 per night , this is absolutely top dollar for Fiji so expected more.
Good things first:
the club lounge
the lovely staff at the club (except the club manager who was officious and rude)
the beautiful new rooms, great beds, well designed, lovely furniture
the setting - sunset and high tide are to die for
the band who play at the bar - amazing singing
the spa (but the prices are high considering what the staff get paid)
the fire dancing show
Bad things: ( and there were lots- here are just a few)
as many have said, the quality of the food is just shocking - if the local chefs aren't up to scratch (as we were told by a manager) then they need to find some chefs who can cook. there is nowhere else to eat
cleanliness - On 2 occasions I saw a kid do a number 1 in the pool- it was just scooped up and that was it.
the kids club- my kids hated it and refused to go as they got bored and were essentially ignored. fine for toddlers but not for any kids older than 5.
the kids eat free buffet is totally unacceptable and just junk and sickening
billing- constantly having wrong charges on our bill and our final hotel room charges not being mixed up causing stress on checkout ++++
disorganised - the place doesn't really run properly - things are constantly forgotten
and many, many, many other things too long to list
the bottom line is that when you are paying top dollar for a relaxing holiday and every day there are at least 5 things that really upset or irritate you, and you go home feeling annoyed, that is not good, no matter how lovely the setting or the rooms are. I felt bad complaining, but the management have to realise that we have better things to do on a holiday than complain and get angry. Noone comes on a holiday to waste time doing that. If people do complain, then management need to take it seriously rather than with disdain or thing "not another uptight Australian tourist".
Management do know what the faults are as they must read these reviews, and I certainly witnessed enough people getting angry to know they are getting a lot of negative feedback. they just need to get their act together and deal with it. such a shame that a beautifully designed place has so many flaws.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort and Spa is located on the beautiful and picturesque Natadola Beach on Fiji's main island of Viti Levu. Relax on palm-fringed white sand beach or swim or snorkel in rolling surf to experience natural Fijian ambiance. The resort offers breathtaking 360-degree views of Natadola Bay and exotic landscaped gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Resort And Spa
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Hotel Sigatoka
- Intercontinental Coral Coast
- Intercontinental Fiji Hotel
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa Sigatoka