We stayed at Intercontinental with 1 year old and 3 year old. We booked two joining garden rooms which was a cheaper option than a Beachfront suite. We then joined Ambassador Club and got one of the rooms upgraded to a Lagoon Suite. Our rooms were fantastic and we actually had too much room as they closed off the entrance to the Bure and we had a whole corridor between the two rooms! (So not strictly adjoining but adjacent, great if you have young kids but a bit far if you have a young baby.)
Kids eat free (yay) and we bought a Priority Privilege card and so got 50% off all food, bargain!
The only thing that lets this hotel down is the service at the pool bar/ restaurant. Help yourself to a table, then the menus, then the high chair, then eventually just grab someone to take your order. Kids food comes very fast though, which is a bonus. Unfortunately, at 5pm when my kids eat, this pool bar was our only option for dining. They ended up eating pasta/pizza/hot chips every day.
The Navo restaurant is super and we booked a romantic dinner, beachside, which was beautiful. The wonderful F+B manger made sure we were taken care of with a complimentary glass of (very good) wine. Big tip though, take your own duty free, they charge about $30 AUD for corkage but it still works out cheaper than buying wine from the wine list (Cloudy Bay SB was $240 $Fiji!!))
Our children loved the kids club and we paid a little extra for a babysitter for our 1 year old, but she just did the other activities with her big sister (it is so cheap anyway.) It meant she could bring them both back to our room for quiet time.
No-one has lived until they have had a Fiji four hands massage in the Spa, the best I have ever had in any country. (I have made a note to have one in the 30 odd countries I have visited.)
The Golf course is empty,challenging and beautiful. Some of the cart drives to each hole would suit a go cart, they are so much fun!
Overall, only having one pool and one restaurant for the children, limits this hotel, we wont go back as it is too far to travel form Perth. Bali and Thailand have better options, including more suitable day trips for young kids.
This hotel is beautiful, but just not outstanding, we could have been in any good hotel in the world, which is a compliment I guess!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort and Spa is located on the beautiful and picturesque Natadola Beach on Fiji's main island of Viti Levu. Relax on palm-fringed white sand beach or swim or snorkel in rolling surf to experience natural Fijian ambiance. The resort offers breathtaking 360-degree views of Natadola Bay and exotic landscaped gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Resort And Spa
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Hotel Sigatoka
- Intercontinental Coral Coast
- Intercontinental Fiji Hotel
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa Sigatoka