We chose to holiday again at the Intercontinental as my husband and I AND our kids (9 & 6) just loved our stay there the year prior. The resort itself is just beautiful, with the added bonus of being a short 4hr flight & then 45 min drive away (a long enough traveling day with kids!).
Both times we have stayed in 'only' a Garden view room & just cannot fault it. They are the largest 'twin' rooms I've ever seen with a great bathroom layout that allows numerous people to be in there at the same time. This time we were in an Ocean Front block which was just beautiful! SO lovely to wake up & walk a few steps to see the ocean first thing in the morning.
The restaurants hadn't changed. Buffet nights still all the same, menus the same.. but it has all your 'must have' basics, pasta, pizza, curries etc..
Being another year on, we did start to notice a little more 'wear & tear' around the resort, it wasn't feeling as 'new' as it had.. but this is only natural. Hopefully they will be onto these little things to help keep that luxurious 5 star feeling.
One small negative was that it was hard to get staff poolside. We had met with friends on our last trip & we all commented that if there was a staff member constantly walking around the pool asking the guests if they wanted anything, we wouldve been more inclined to order something... $$$
In all honesty, I find the resort quite reasonable in terms of prices for everything - given that it is 5 star, quite remote, & food is known to be expensive over there. I even thought the prices at the Day Spa were quite reasonable as compared to what you would pay here in Australia.
This year we are thinking of coming back AGAIN in November. Since our first stay I have had 3 separate lots of friends go & stay at the resort all last year from my high praise & photos of the resort. This time my parents would also like to come with us... so hopefully we'll see you again this November!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort and Spa is located on the beautiful and picturesque Natadola Beach on Fiji's main island of Viti Levu. Relax on palm-fringed white sand beach or swim or snorkel in rolling surf to experience natural Fijian ambiance. The resort offers breathtaking 360-degree views of Natadola Bay and exotic landscaped gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotel.de, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Resort And Spa
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Hotel Sigatoka
- Intercontinental Coral Coast
- Intercontinental Fiji Hotel
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa Sigatoka