Me and My husband visited Fiji in the second week of August and put up at the InterContinental.
The moment you drive into the property you see the blue ocean and you know you are walking into a piece of paradise.
The property is built over a bit of an elevation, so some rooms are at the beachfront, while some rooms wind around the hill. It can be a bit of a walk if you are staying in one of the topmost rooms, but then they have a super efficient Buggy Service aka golf carts which you can call at anytime to take you back and forth.
We stayed at Club InterContinental and loved every bit of our stay.
The suite was spacious with a huge living room attached to our bedroom, which was also nice and spacious. The outdoor bathtub was great and discreetly placed so as not to affect one's privacy.
I absolutely loved the beachfront around the Intercontinental property. They have a lagoon, a reef and a regular beach with waves crashing.. all of it... not for once did i feel like venturing out to see any other spot in Fiji.
They have 3 dedicated restaurants across the property so one can chose where one wishes to eat.
However the menu is a dampner. We stayed there for almost a week and were bored of the menu by Day 2. Also since the property is in the middle of nowhere you dont really have a choice but to eat at one of the restaurants. I see a lot of complaints about the food.. so i guess the management is working on it.
They have seperate family pools and adult pools.. so couples need not worry.. you can get all the privacy you want...
That said.. the staff is some of the nicest most courteous hotel staff i have met... the sound of Bula (a Fijian greeting) rings throughout the property. They laugh and smile with you and even share a few jokes... I must say my experience became ten times better due to such an amazing staff.
Also, my husband was playing golf tournament so I must write about the golf course. It was OUT OF THIS WORLD.. the holes next to the beachfront will blow your mind away.. Golf enthusiasts must go and play a round of golf at their course..
I hope i can come back to Fiji soon!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort and Spa is located on the beautiful and picturesque Natadola Beach on Fiji's main island of Viti Levu. Relax on palm-fringed white sand beach or swim or snorkel in rolling surf to experience natural Fijian ambiance. The resort offers breathtaking 360-degree views of Natadola Bay and exotic landscaped gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, IHG, Tingo, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Resort And Spa
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Hotel Sigatoka
- Intercontinental Coral Coast
- Intercontinental Fiji Hotel
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa Sigatoka