You added InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa to your Saves list
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Beautiful Resort
Beautiful Food
Beautiful People
Would recommend this resort to anyone. The resort is self contained but has everything you possibly need. Stayed here for work but while here managed to explore all the beauties of this resort. From water sports to relaxing it has it all.

Stayed February 2014
InterContinenta... F, Director of Sales at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Bula Julian,

Vinaka vakalevu for writing us a review! It was a pleasure to have you with us and to read that you enjoyed your stay at the InterContinental Fiji and our warm Fijian hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay soon. Please do contact me on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you plan your next travel dates and I will see that you are well looked after once more.

Area Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We got married at the Intercontinental and because of the beautiful pictures, we booked additional nights. To say we were NOT disappointed is a huge understatement as the seven nights we stayed there were not enough. Our room was lovely, spacious, plenty of towels and having the beach to wake up to everyday was amazing. The outside bath was a fantastic way to end most of our nights there and having a bath run after our wedding, complete with flower petals and bath soak, was just what we needed. From the moment we got there, we were warmly greeted by the staff and the resort grounds were immaculately well-groomed, we were in awe of our surroundings.
The infinity pool and adults only area was beautiful and spending a day in the huge chairs there were definitely relaxing. The pool, whilst great for photos, was really cold and I would recommend to go for a swim in the beach as the water was lovely. Went snorkeling one day and it was great, so many fish to see and really clear waters. If we had more time, I would have loved to try stand up paddle boarding, but with our wedding being in the middle of our stay, we were short on time.
The spa was also amazing and even though I'm not usually one for massages, we went for two couples massages and they were amazing.... my husband even wanted to go for more. The whole atmosphere was relaxing a great way to unwind.
For anyone who is considering getting married at the Intercon, I would say, look no further. Due to staff changes, about a month before my wedding, I was introduced to my third wedding planner. Most brides would be somewhat nervous, but having Jane take over our wedding was the best thing that could have happened to us. She was the most amazing planner, warm and very onto it. When I met her, she said the only thing she needed from me was to leave my stress at the door and she would take it on.... and she did! Our wedding day was beautiful and a lot of that was due to Jane's professionalism and her ability to make it feel like you are the only bride she is looking after.
I have to say that not only were we impressed with the Intercon when we were there, but even more so when we were back home. My husband loved the Fijian war clubs at the Intercon gift shop and as a result, we came home with two. He was so excited about these beautiful purchases, but upon arrival back in to Australia, one of his clubs broke in half and he discovered that the club had a bad touch up job and that we would have to spend more money having it put back together. I was contacted by Evelyn from the Intercon and this was again where their customer service was impeccable. She contacted me as my husbands tripadvisor review was brought to her attention and with the help of Jane, she was able to find a contact email to apologize about the broken club and offer a full refund on the item. Both my husband and I were extremely impressed by their commitment to ensure that our problem was more than adequately taken care of and that we left as happy customers. I was even more impressed as I know that customer service can sometimes be lacking at certain businesses, but this was not the case here- We had really experienced the most exceptional customer service both at the resort and again in all dealings with them. We will definitely go back to the Intercon and I cannot sing it's praises enough for a couples get away (even though I'm sure we'll go when we had kids, but cannot really comment on the resort as a family getaway.) Thank you to all the staff we had dealings with and we cannot wait be on the gorgeous Natadola Beach again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bula Noeniegirl,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. We were pleased to have made your wedding occasion a special and memorable one, and that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. We were also delighted to have been able to made contact with you regarding your husband’s review.

I will be sure to forward your comments onto the team, especially Evelyn and Jane, who will be thrilled to hear from you.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay in paradise again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you plan your next travel dates and I will see that you and your husband are well looked after once more.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed at the Intercontinental for 3 nights, after attending a wedding in a less glorious location. We booked through a Virtuoso travel agent with guaranteed us a room upgrade, 2 x 1 hour massages and early check in and late check out (if booking, this may be worthwhile considering).

From the first moment we got out of the car we felt welcome and relaxed. Service was impeccable. We were extremely fortunate to get upgraded from a Garden View king room to a Lagoon View Suite. The room was clean and comfortable, with all bells and whistles we needed. The view was magnificent and the gorgeous bath on the balcony, a great touch.

When the tide is down, you can easily snorkel just off the shore of the lagoon. Facilities was great. Whilst the kids lagoon pool was not really suitable for swimming by adults (due to being too shallow) it was fantastic for kids with lots of toys and fountains to keep them entertained. Plenty of spots around the pool also a bonus. The adults only pool (the infinity one seen on most promotional materials) is wonderful. If travelling without kids, it's a perfect relaxing escape. The pool water temperature was quite chilly so not sure if they are solar heater, though I suspect not.

The beach is great, beautiful aquamarine waters, plenty of space and plenty of activities for the adventurous souls. There is also a dive pool as well. There are plenty of activities (fire shows, crab races and various activities at kids club), to keep the youngsters entertained.

As the beach is not private property, you may at times be approached by locals from a nearby village, offering village tours or selling coconuts. Though sometimes a bit annoying they were all really friendly and good natured and moved on after being told no.

Food is costly, as are drinks, but that's to be expected given the caliber of the resort. Service at the bar is at times slow, but that was ok as there are plenty of comfy couches to relax on whilst waiting.

Breakfasts were magnificent. There is even a whole section dedicated to gluten free things, which is very thoughtful. Service was great.

We had a treatment at the spa which was wonderful and relaxing, make sure you book early as they're pretty busy. if you want a cheaper option, walk down the beach and there are beach side massages offered for a much lover cost.... though obviously the quality, hygiene and atmosphere may not be comparable.

The nanny service is great. Not too expensive and the ladies all seem really lovely.

All in all we had a fantastic time at this gorgeous resort and would love to come back

Room Tip: Personally I would probably avoid pool view rooms as they may be a bit noisy. Lagoon view and ocean...
Bula Lana,

Thank you for your feedback. We were delighted to read that your family had a wonderful stay at the InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa and that you enjoyed our resort facilities and service. We were also pleased to read that your family had a great time on our beach and also enjoyed our breakfast buffets at Sanasana Restaurant!

We would love to welcome your family back to our sunny shores again soon. Please do let me know on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you plan your next family holiday and I will see that your family is well looked after once more.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I've been traveling the world as a Royal Ambassador member of IHG and have come across only a few properties that left me with extremely positive impressions. This hotel is gorgeous and has properly trained staff that will make your holidays memorable.

The best hotel on Viti Levu and the only operating hotel on Natadola Beach which is the best beach on the island. For better beaches, you need to stay on separate islands that require sea plane or boat transfers from Viti Levu.

I completed a full and detailed video review which covers pretty much all you need to know about the resort. Enjoy.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Bula Patrice,

Thank you for your video review and your loyalty as an IHG Royal Ambassador. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us on Natadola Bay and to have such a detailed video review showcasing our resort! We look forward to welcoming you back to our sunny shores for another stay soon.

Please do email me on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you are looking at your next travel dates and I will see that the team takes great care of you once more.

Wellington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This resort provided everything we needed for a family winter escape.

The drive from the airport took approx 45 minutes, just enough time for our children to see and appreciate how Fijians live.

Food: We purchased a Priority Privilege Card which gave us 50% off dining. The card cost us $300nzd but basically took the stress out of the food prices. If we didn't have the card then the buffet each night would have cost us $180fjd instead of the $90fjd that we paid. Times this by a weeks worth of family buffets and the card has easily paid for itself. Lunch which would normally be about $80fjd was only $40 ( 2 adults).
Sansana Buffet: We really enjoyed the breakfasts. The poached eggs, omelet station was great, there is even drinkable coffee. We even enjoyed the dinners when normally we would cringe at Fiji resort buffets. We really enjoyed the Latin evening with its taco station. Sansana is a good choice for family dinners.
Toba: We had lunch here everyday. Pizzas were very average but the burgers, fish were fine. The kids bento boxes are awesome. Right next to the pool makes it nice and easy. The cocktails at the bar were hideous and we eventually stopped ordering them.
Room Service: it's affordable and a good option if you are tired. The kids dinner boxes are awesome.
Navo: We skipped this as we had the kids in the evenings. A few friends dined while we were there, they said it was okay except their crayfish tails were overcooked and the ravioli was ruined with too much sauce.
Kama lounge: Wonderful for fire lighting ceremony at 5:40pm. The kids run around enjoying it while the adults relax with a cocktail and watch the sun set. Piña coladas were drinkable, Singapore Sling was awesome although not listed on the menu so you will need to ask. All other cocktails that we tried were undrinkable including the cosmopolitan which you would think would be impossible to get wrong. Wonderful family dancing here after dinner. It was filled with kids and parents having a good post dinner boogie to the live music for an hour on the way home to bed. It was early enough that the singles or sans kids couples were not disturbed.

Kids Club: $30 per session, 4 hours, includes lunch. Nanny $20 per hour, minimum 3 hours, lunch $ extra. Our kids went to one session daily by their choice and thoroughly enjoyed it. They have made some good friends through it. Staff seemed a little flat and there could be more effort to get the kids out and about on the beach a bit more. You can get the kids hair braided here for $120fjd or alternatively pay $60fjd to the locals on the beach next to the resort. There is a kids club full day package you can enquire about at hotel lobby reception which is $45fjd for a whole day of kids club and includes all meals. This might suit the older kids who sometimes want to do the evening sessions with the frog hunting and a day session with the sports.

Room: We requested a quiet room and we're put in block 26, garden view, ground level. It was quiet but quite far from everything. We used the golf cart service occasionally to get around which was efficient and friendly. The room was serviced daily. I had to go tea bag hunting as they never ever restocked the tea facilities but we were always given fresh towels and the beds made. They do wash your tea cups, tea spoons etc in the bathroom sink which I think is very inappropriate. Beds are hideously hard and pillows are hideously soft. We did not sleep well at all.

Beach: The beach is truly wonderful and it made our holiday. Wonderful gentle waves provide swimming, kayaking, surfing fun for young and old. We purchased reef shoes to take after reading about the coral but didn't end up using them, it was slightly rough under foot but didn't really hurt. We did the snorkel tour which we organised through the water sports shed on the beach. The tour left from the beach in a glass bottom boat and headed a few hundred meters off shore. The tour only takes an hour, is affordable, and perfect for young families. You also get a great view of the resort.

Pools: Great kids pool but too cold. Beautiful adult infinity pool but ridiculously cold. My advice is to spend sometime in the sea, you won't be disappointed.

Golf: My husband played a round. $270fjd including clubs and a cart. He loved it! We hope we can arrange a golf package next year where he gets to play every few days. Make sure you tee off at 7am as it gets hot later in the day.

Unfortunately, yet again, there was a vomiting bug going around which knocked many people out for 24 hours.

I just want to mention again that the staff at this resort seem a little flat compared with other Fiji resorts we have stayed at which does impact how you feel while on holiday.

Did we have a great family holiday? Yes! Will we be back? Yes, for a family holiday next year.

Room Tip: Somewhere towards the pool and away from the Kama lounge which has a DJ one night which will keep yo...
Dear Joel21Wellington,

Bula vinaka from our sunny shores! Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We were delighted that your family had a great holiday with us and enjoyed so many aspects of our resort facilities and service. We were also thrilled to read that you enjoyed exploring the crystal clear waters of Natadola Bay, and that your husband enjoyed teeing off on our championship golf course.

It was a pleasure to have your family with us and we look forward to welcoming you all back next year! Please do let me know on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you plan your next travel dates and I will see that the team takes wonderful care of you.

Watsons Bay, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Natadola Beach is unarguably the best beach on the island of Viti Levu. The resort is large, well sited and golf buggy service is good. Our room was well appointed with excellent bedding and a great bathroom. We overlooked the children's pool and expected more noise however this was fine. The infinity pool was great for adults with a great view of Natadola Beach. Service from pool staff was very good. Our meals were average at best and came with with indifferent service. Except for the pool bar staff, who are terrific.

We ordered Indian dishes for dinner in the outdoor restaurant which lacked any taste of Indian food, served with some oily naan with the consistency of rubber. Approaching the inedible. We thought it was hard to mess up standard Indian food in Fiji, but this was not the case. Breakfast was zoo-like as a result of school holidays and the very standard food was spoilt by crowds of eager plate-loaders.

The atmosphere would be more agreeable out of holiday season however the resort's cavernous and largely undecorated public spaces are stark and drab. No flowers, no colourful cushions or fabrics. Given the high prices at this resort, it just does not compare with its counterparts in Indonesia and Thailand, which offer a much richer and luxurious experience at a much better price.

But for families, Fijian staff are truly impossible to beat for looking after and entertaining children with affection, natural enthusiasm and care.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
InterContinenta... F, Director of Sales at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Bula Etheldog,

Thank you for staying with the InterContinental Fiji. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your holiday and that you enjoyed our warm Fijian hospitality. We were also thrilled to read that you enjoyed our Natadola beach – voted by CNN as one of the world’s top beaches!

Your comments regarding food quality have been highlighted to our F&B team for their immediate attention.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our sunny shores for another great holiday soon. Please do let me know on kamal.haer@ihg.com when you plan your next beachside escape and I will see that you are well looked after.

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Arrived at Intercontinental at dinnertime. Bags took over 2 hours to arrive in rooms so had to go to dinner in travelling clothes. First meal at hotel at the Sanasana buffet resulting in food poisoning that had me vomiting all night and left me sick in bed for nearly 3 days. Not what you expect when you go on holidays to a five star resort. Hotel management made little apparent effort to either address the "bout of Gastro" that some of their staff later revealed they were experiencing (in Australia the health authorities would have been all over it)(some bottles of hand sanitizer at entrance to some restaurants and sending a food hygienist to make a very limited inquiry that they never reported back on), warn guests about it or compensate for the wasted holiday (apart from provide a free meal later of lesser cost). The resort itself is beautiful and the beach on its doorstep is nice but the service and food is sometimes really poor. Greasy little hand prints remained around the door handle of our room the entire time of our stay, pillows where really lumpy, your head would go straight through to the other side, without any cushioning. The rooms certainly are not sound proof like they state on their website. If you are unlucky enough to have young children staying in the rooms above you, you will hear every scream at 6am and scrapping of the chairs across the floor, even if you are staying in the deluxe beach front king suite accommodation as we were. You can be certain however of fives star prices all the way.

Bula MsA,

Thank you for your feedback. We’re concerned to hear of the experience you faced during your stay with us and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. Your comments have been forwarded on to our Executive Chef and F&B team for their immediate attention and investigation.

Please do contact me on kamal.haer@ihg.com if you feel to discuss your comments further, or when you decide to return to our shores for another stay.

Kind Regards,
Area Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!