“Very Happy” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Sigatoka
Sydney, Australia
“Very Happy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My 2 adult daughters and I recently stayed at the Intercontinental Fiji. What most impressed us was the excellent attitude and service of the staff (when no one was looking). I was a little anxious as I had read all the bad reviews as I wanted it to be a luxurious holiday after a stressful year. I have stayed at 2 other 4 star resorts over the years with average beaches but the beach here was crystal clear with waves! They have a heavily monitored adult only pool which is fantastic if you want peace and quiet. We had the Beach view room which was luxurious with a bath on the balcony. There could be more umbrellas at the pool as it is too hot not to have one, so needed to get up early and reserve.

Room Tip: Beach View Room, close to the pool. Wouldn't go for the Club unless honeymooning.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Bula Tilly,

Thank you for your review of our resort. I was delighted to read that you and your daughters had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed our lovely beach and beach view rooms. We love our home here on Natadola Bay and it was a pleasure to share it with you!

We would love to welcome you back to our sunny shores again soon! Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you are thinking of visiting us again and I will see that your family is well looked after once more.

Scott Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
  • Korean first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Having not had a holiday in 8 years you can imagine how much I was looking forward to my holiday here, esp as I had been told we were to be given VIP service and upgrade. When we arrived the note on our file which stated VIPs was taken off and placed to the side, it wasn't until I asked about our upgrade that it was looked into. Now having read the below comment I'm disappointed in the hotel's management in the way we have been treated.
Overall the staff are amazing, always happy and nothing is ever a problem. The security at the beachfront was above and beyond what I expected.
Room service is a let down, first night our order took 90 mins and was cold. Second time was better, only took 30 mins. Third night we canceled our order as it was again 90 mins late, when I called to see where it was I was told it would be another 20/30 mins. We werent ordering multiple dishes just one main..surly it cant be that hard.
We are leaving tomorrow which in some way I am happy about but in other ways I'm not. I'm going to miss the lovely friendly faces each day.
I hope the management can look into the small issues we faced

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Carissa L,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay with us. We strive to provide excellent service to our guests and your comments are very much appreciated. I appreciate the positive remarks on our friendly hotel staff. However, I apologize for the inconveniences experienced during your stay. We are deeply sorry for the quality of service you received during check in and poor room service encountered. Please be assured that we do take all feedback and suggestions seriously, and we will look into them accordingly.

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback. I hope you give us the opportunity to regain your confidence by providing the level of quality service that you expect on your next visit

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I booked this 8 day holiday as a surprise for hubby and there is no other word except paradise for this beautiful resort. Huge, beautifully appointed room, stunning grounds, fresh and exceptional food in every restaurant, stunning infinity pool and perfect options for water sports, experiencing the culture and having a wonderful holiday. But the real jewel of this spectacular resort is the staff. Without exception, friendly, helpful and beautiful people who made us feel like royalty our whole stay. We will be back.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bula Sam S,

Thank you for your short but lovely review about our resort. I was happy to read that you and your husband enjoyed your holiday in paradise here with us. I was pleased to read that you found our location stunning and that you experienced the wonderful warm hospitality of our team.

It was a pleasure to have you both stay with us and we look forward to your next trip down to your little home in paradise. Please do contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide on your next holiday dates as we would be thrilled to welcome you both once more.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We spend 4 nights at the club at Intercontinental Fiji, we were delighted to be upgraded to a plunge pool room.
The rooms are great nice and big, we enjoyed the pool at the room same as we enjoyed the pool at the club! The service at the club is always very good, despite the fact that at the time to check out took more than 30 min + Fiji time to sort the bill!
Overall the club is fantastic. The hotel facilities are good but the is limitation with the meals/ restaurant options, only 3 restaurants at the resort; More than 4 nights and you run out of meal options!
The golf course is great well kept and enjoyable course, the is some limit inaction with the transportation to the course and also with the tee times. I called the golf course more tan a month before to set up my tee time, I asked and requested the first tee time which was 7:30, to my surprise the second day I arrive I was told the the first tee available was at 7:20. Not being very happy about it the pro at the club fixed the problem for me they made sure we played as requested! On the other hand it was sad to see in a professional golf course to see a group of 8 ( 2 groups of 4 at one single time) it appear to be a group of koreans that ignored the course rules.

Overall we love the hotel and the service and we will more than happy to return to the Intercontinental fiji!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good well designed hotel
Bula Juan R,

Thank your for writing a review of our resort. I was delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed our luxurious Club rooms and our Club InterContinental facilities. I was also pleased to read that your enjoyed our golf course - we're very excited that the 2014 Fiji International is to be hosted there this year!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort! Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com and when you decide on your next dates of travel and I will see that our team takes great care of you once again.

St. Thomas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

This hotel is a long way from anything, more like a little village of its own. Architectually it left me cold. It is all greys. It did not reflect the warmth of the south Pacific. Other than disliking the cold hard exteriors, the room was very nice modern, the resturants were excellent. I could see it as a great family venue or even grand weddings. But for a couple of romantics it was quite the wrong place. It is huge. There are many very large buildings. Not for the adventurer.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in a building close to the lobby or you have a long walk. We were in the 1300'...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bula Dskusvi,

Thank you for your feedback. I was happy to read that you found aspects of your stay enjoyable- particularly our world-class dining experiences.

I was a little disappointed to read you didn't enjoy the resort as a couple however. I do hope our romantic experiences, such as couples spa treatments, private in room dining and exclusive canaba dining were made available to you. When you do stay with us again I also highly recommend our Club InterContinental facility which offers privacy, seclusion and unprecedented luxuries to ensure your stay intimate and romantic. AS our ‘resort within a resort’ Club InterContinental offers adult-only sunset cocktails & canapés at our Club InterContinental Lounge.

Please do not hesitate to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide on your next travel dates and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you both on our sunny shores for a truly romantic experience.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Booked a 1 bedroom suite club room with plunge pool, private airport pickup, $800 resort credit and stayed between Christmas and New Years eve 2013.

- Room was excellent, clean and well furnished
- Shower, choice of massage or rainforest heads,i would have liked a little more water pressure
- Staff were always friendly, helpful, courteous and happy
- Private pickup, land cruiser was clean, cold wash clothes and bottle waters were a nice touch
- Security patrolled the resort and if you looked hard enough there are security cameras
- Toilets around the resort were always spotless
- Four shops including a small convenience store
- 3 restaurants, Navo for adults, Sanasana for families and couples and Toba for couples and families
- Navo, good breakfast, our dinner was about AUD$200 for 2 adults
- Sanasana, biggest choice for breakfast, dinner is al a carte or themed smorgasbord, dinners are about AUD$120 for 2 adults
- Toba Bar and Grill, our dinner cost AUD$80
- We requested copies of menus prior to booking, I am a fussy eater :-)
- Restaurants weren't over busy, but the secret is to book
- We enjoyed the exclusivity of the club access, free cocktails, beer, wine and appetizers in the evenings, free soft drinks (please add zero coke to the list) and water all day. Ability to have breakfast and lunch away with from the main restaurants.
- When they say adults only pool, this is enforced, which is good to see
- Staff continually going the extra mile to help
- Daily activity sheets about what is going on around the resort

Things we learnt after the fact,
- Get a weekly activity sheet, so you don't miss the events
- Club members get a discount at the day spa
- Club members get free use of the mini bar

I would highly recommend this resort to anyone from couples to families

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bula Clazman,

Thank you for taking a moment to write a detailed review about our resort. I was delighted to read that you and your partner had a great experience during your stay and that you made use of the privileges of our exclusive Club InterContinental facilities. I was also happy to read that you enjoyed having an intimate breakfast at Navo during the festive season!

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team who are always delighted to hear from our guests.

Please do contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide you wish to return to our sunny shores and I will see that the team takes wonderful care of you both once more.

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I would really like to thank the Executive Management and all the staff of the Intercontinental Fiji for all the thought, energy and time they put into the preparation for New Year's Eve celebrations at the hotel last night.
Sitting with my daughter and our very dear and close friend, enjoying the breathtaking view and ambience of Navo while partaking of a sumptuous Degustation Menu was only the beginning of what was to become one of the Best New Year's Eve nights ever.
It was a fantastic success with young and old getting into the swing of things.
The entertainment was top class. Fireworks at 9pm and midnight were spectacular.
The property, which is already one of the most amazing hotel locations one could dream of, looked absolutely stunning with the Purple Theme throughout. The gifts to the rooms to ensure each guest were well and truly in the Purple Mood was a great idea.
Keeping the Planet Trekkers, which kids of all ages love, open till after midnight allowed all the families to make the most of the wonderful time. Every guest with whom I spoke were overwhelmed by the WHOLE SHOW!!!!!!

Bula landofmanypossums,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It was a pleasure to have your and your family stay with us for our New Year celebrations, which I thoroughly enjoyed as well! I was thrilled to read that your family had a phenomenal time with us and enjoyed seeing in the New Year in InterContinental Fiji style, as well as your dining experience at Navo. Thank you also for showing your appreciation of our staff and the management team. I have passed your comments on to the team who looks forward to welcome you back to your little home here in paradise. Please do feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com and we will be delighted to assist you with your next booking with us.

Scott Williams

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!