“I just want to go back...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Sigatoka
Innes Park, Australia
“I just want to go back...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

The location was fantastic, the staff very friendly, but allways remember, "it is Fijii time..keep things simple please.".
Other than that the room facilities are truly five star yet with a truly tropical touch.
The beach is the cleanest I have come across in many south pacific destinations. (and I know us aussies are fussy when it comes to that).
Food seleciton was good (remember you don't come to Fiii for the culinary experince) in the variety and qulity. Breakfast was truly sensational and a different dinner theme each night.
Infinity pool and bar are perfectly located and themed.
The duty manager (Jimi) that checked us in quickly fixed a misunderstanding with our reservation request.
The porters were great, and Moses wnet out of his way to show us areound the resort which without a tour you cannot do.
Only criticism is about the golf club not letting me play due to not having a collar (should have know). I was expecting some flexibility after being in a tropical resort and paying $140 for 9 holes and clubs.

Room Tip: Pillows are ultra soft. Place a reqeust if you like fimr ones like my wife and I. All rooms have a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Bula Johnny_demaseao,

Thank you for taking a moment to review us. I was delighted to read that you had such a wonderful time at our resort and enjoyed our facilities and services. I was also thrilled to read that you enjoyed our dining options – Sanasana’s themed nights are always exciting.

I will be sure to forward your feedback through to the team as well, thank you.
Please feel free to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to getaway to the sunny shores of Natadola Bay again and I will see that the team takes excellent care of you.

Scott Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
  • Korean first
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We have just returned yesterday from 8 nights at the Intercontinental Fiji. It was heaven. We cannot fault the resort, the rooms, gardens, pools and the people. We loved it and are looking forward to returning (hopefully!!) again next year.. I know it's a common 'complaint', but I would love to see free wi-fi available, if only to post a tonne of pictures on IG and FB to boast about this stunning resort ;-)
Thank you SO much for making our long awaited holiday, all that we had hoped for (and more). x

Room Tip: We stayed in a garden room and were MORE than happy with it. We requested to be on the ground floor...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Bula Son75,

Thank you for your short but lovely review of our resort. I was thrilled to read that you had such a heavenly experience at our resort and enjoyed our facilities and the genuine friendly nature of our staff. It may also interest you to know that as of January this year complimentary internet has been extended to all IHG Rewards Club members!

I will be sure to forward your wonderful comments through to the team who are always excited to hear from our guests. Please feel free to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide on your next travel dates and I will see that the team takes wonderful care of you once again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We stayed at this resort for a work conference, it couldn't have been a more perfect location. Everything worked out, the room was great, bed was comfy, there was a good variety of food and activities. The pool was amazing, with perfect views. The Spa was extremely professional. All the staff are so friendly and attentive. I would definitely go back and stay here any day of the week!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Bula ren_mac,

Thank you for your short but lovely review of our resort. I was delighted to read that you had such a wonderful time at our resort and enjoyed our facilities and services and made the most of your time with us.

I will be sure to forward your wonderful comments through to the team who are always excited to hear from our guests. Please feel free to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to getaway to the sunny shores of Natadola once more and I will see that you are well taken care of.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was travelling with a group of friends to attend a wedding being held at Natadola. We had booked two rooms to accommodate our party. All of us are regular visitors to Fiji and although this was my first visit to Intercontinental, several of our party had stayed before a couple of years ago and raved about the experience.

When we checked in after flying in from various parts of the world, we were informed that our room wasn't ready, even though we arrived later than the stated check in time. We were directed downstairs to the Kama Lounge where we would receive a free cocktail but we then had to negotiate with the bar staff to make sure that we were not charged for this, otherwise they were going to charge us. For a top notch experience one would expect communications between the Front Desk and Kama Lounge to be seamless and invisible i.e. they'd already know our names by the time we got there and would be aware of our situation.

An hour later, our rooms still weren’t ready so we had to speak to the Front Desk staff again about this issue. After another half an hour we were informed that one of the rooms was ready and our party of five could go there while the second room was presumably being cleaned. So we all had to cram into one room until the other one was ready. The bed situation was incorrect to that which we had booked as well. We had booked 2 rooms both with twin beds in them, but one of the rooms only had one large bed in it. We had to compromise by having an additional single size bed added to this room, but even then this did not happen on the night of our arrival and we had to follow up with Front Office staff the next day to get this done. So for the first night, three of our party all had to sleep in the same bed! And our complaint the following morning was greeted with some elements of an 'it's not my job to fix this' attitude. As a guest I don't care whose fault it is, I just care that the problem is fixed to my satisfaction.

We found this level of service to be very underwhelming as a first impression of an expensive luxury resort. The last thing anyone wants after a long flight and hour long transfer to the Intercontinental is to have to wait around to check in and also to have to try and sort out the details of the room booking that had already been confirmed in various written communications.

The rooms were beautiful and had a lovely wide balcony with large spa bath for relaxing in, and a massive day bed alongside for dozing with a good book or a glass of wine. The beds were superbly comfortable and all the furnishings were very tastefully done in Pacific style. The air conditioning worked very well so it was nice and cool at night. The TV also had speakers piped into the very well appointed bathroom. The Bose sound system is fantastic but in one of the rooms the 'piped' music to the bathroom was crackling and unlistenable. All in all though, the rooms were lovely places to spend time relaxing in.

The children’s pool and the adult infinity pool were spectacular and kept perfectly clean and in beautiful condition. The children’s pool area has lots of comfortable & shaded poolside loungers which are perfect for hours of adult relaxing while the children splash away to their heart’s content. The surrounds of the adult pool also have lots of loungers and ‘pods’ with canopies on to provide shading – a perfect place to read a book and have a snooze while viewing the pool and the distant vistas of the sensational coastal scenery that abounds at the resort.

The breakfast buffet at the Sanasana restaurant was very good with plenty of selection of continental and cooked dishes. Also huge piles of fresh tropical fruit and pastries etc It is best to avoid peak times though as we had to wait for seating when the restaurant was busy and this would often entail 5 minutes or more of standing around in the lobby of the buffet. We quite often had to repeat our coffee orders which eventuated in individuals having several coffees arriving at the same time.

The food and drink service at the various eateries was frequently very slow. As regular visitors to Fiji we don’t have a problem with a certain amount of ‘Fiji Time’, but on one occasion at the poolside bar - Toba Grill - we had to wait over 45 minutes for a child’s meal that turned up after the rest of the party had finished eating. And the restaurant wasn’t even busy at the time – it was mid-afternoon and there were only three tables dining. In addition, we also had to frequently repeat our request for water at the table. It seemed to us that everything that was written down on an order came through, but because the request for tap water was not on the order, we had to keep reminding the wait staff to bring it to the table. We expect this level of service at other Coral Coast resorts in Fiji, but not the Intercontinental.

The poolside NZ ice cream bar is an inspiration and we bought lovely ice cream every day. There seemed to be some confusion about payment though, as on one day we had to pay cash and then the next day we had to charge it to our room as they apparently couldn’t take cash.

On a visit to the spa we were informed that the steam room in the spa was closed for the duration of our stay because it was out of order, so we were unable to have one of the cheaper treatment packages advertised. We weren’t able to find out when this problem would be fixed as no one seemed to know when that would be. We were told that there were beachside massages available outside the resort about 100 metres further up Natadola Beach, and these turned out to be about 40% cheaper than the spa treatments on offer at Intercontinental.

Our party found it rather expensive to have to pay for wi-fi internet access on top of the accommodation charges. For such an expensive resort, this should be included for free.

To sum up, the resort is in a perfect location and has fabulous facilities and the locals and staff are all very friendly and welcoming. But it would be fair to say for those of us that have visited before as guests at the hotel, that service levels have definitely dropped, and this was the main disappointment of our visit. We all love Fiji and want travellers to have extraordinary experiences when they visit these beautiful islands. The Intercontinental has delivered this experience in the past and we hope it will in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed twice at InterContinental in Fiji this year - again with our kids (5 and 3) - following up from a previous stay in 2012.

We really enjoyed it this year- and it was even better than in 2012. My views on the 'Pros' of this resort are set out in a previous review, but a number of the 'Cons' have now been addressed.

Our key gripe last year was the hawkers on the beach - who would not leave us alone. We had zero issues with that this year. While the locals were still there, they were very respectful - and did not use the same aggressive hard sell tactics as last year. A very significant improvement.

The only real downside for me was that on both occasions, our room was not available on check-in - leaving us waiting each time for more than 2 hours. After an international flight with kids, and a dusty drive, all that we wanted to do was get into our room and relax. I would suggest that better systems would be useful, to ensure that this does not happen.

However, that is a pretty small issue in the scheme of things. My wife and I have now stayed at 6 different resorts/hotels in Fiji (both onshore and offshore) and the InterContinental is easily the best of them - by a country mile. Highly recommended - in our view, the best family resort in Fiji.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are great. However, the lagoon front rooms are very windy.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Bula nwstar2,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us! I was thrilled to read you and your family had a wonderful experience with us at Natadola Bay. Thank you also for bringing the matter of your check-in to our attention, I will be sure to pass this feedback on to our managers for review.

We were delighted to be able to share our little piece of paradise with you all and we look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home soon! When considering your next island escape you may be interested to book on our website for the best prices, guaranteed, alternately please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com and I will ensure our team makes your stay memorable once more.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

The resort is very new (built in 2010) and so all rooms and facilities are in great condition. Natadola beach and bay are stunning and offer great swimming, kayaking and snorkeling opportunities.

We stayed in the standard garden view room which was large and clean. It was well located and only a short walk from the gym, pools and restaurants.

Highly recommend visiting the local village Sanasana. You can ride a horse there and eat lunch with a local family. Would recommend bringing them a donation to help the kids go to school.

One downside is that the resort is quite isolated compared to those on Denarau and thus your dining options are limited.

The other major issue I had was that many things you assume to be included with a 5 star resort costed extra... Including the business centre, wifi and snorkel hire.

Overall it is a wonderful resort and we had a great time. Would definitely consider going back!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Bula Steven L,

Thank you for your lovely review of our resort. I was delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay at our resort and in particular that you had the opportunity to visit our neighbouring Sanasana village - a truly unforgettable experience, and I am certain you made a wonderful impression on the people.

I will be sure to pass your comments on to the team also, as we seek to continuously enhance the our guest experiences.

I am delighted to hear you're considering a return visit, as we would love to welcome you back to our sunny shores. You may be interested to know that you can book on our own website for the best prices, guaranteed. Alternately please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com and I will ensure our team takes wonderful care of you once again.

Gippsland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights & while it is a beautiful resort, I probably wouldn't return. I experienced just enough negatives to be put off this resort.
A big downer about this place was that there were men all over the beach out front who constantly pestered us to pay for a horse ride. It got to the point where I didn't even want to go & relax on or near the beach. All I wanted to do was close my eyes & relax, but I couldn't because we were approached every few minutes! If the resort were to stop this, I would consider returning.
Upon checking out my card was charged twice by the person on the desk who told me that the first transaction didn't go through, but it did & I am glad I checked my bank as soon as I arrived home. It was quite a large amount too, so I was really unhappy, & had to make phone calls back to the resort from Australia to have the problem fixed.
I also found that there was very little variety in terms of food choices in the resort, & because you are quite a fair way from anything, you don't really have a choice but to eat there. Upon arriving, it was late & we were starving so we went to the Tabo Bar & Grill. We waited 45 minutes for a bowl of chips, & there was no-one else waiting for food! It was quite obvious they took our order & then just forgot. The food wasn't the best at the eateries in the resort. The exception was the beautiful Navo restaurant. I had an absolutely amazing dinner & cocktails there, & our waiter was fantastic.
More on the plus side, the room was amazing. Located right out front of the beach, with a beautiful outdoor bath tub & sun lounges. The Kama Lounge is also a pretty cool place to chill out with a drink.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bula buddybabylove,

Thank you for taking a moment to review our resort. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed
the resort's luxurious facilities and gorgeous location.
Please be assured that we endeavor to ensure ultimate privacy for our guests whilst on our shores and I will be certain to forward this feedback on to our managers. I do apologise for the misunderstanding with your charges, I trust this has been resolved for you however do feel welcome to get in touch with me if you have any further concerns.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you on your return. Please feel free to contact me directly on scott.williams@ihg.com when you're looking at returning, or alternately you may be interested to book on our own website for the best prices, guaranteed.

Scott Williams

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!