“Another great time in paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
IHG Special up to 25% Off
Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Sigatoka
Sydney, Australia
“Another great time in paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is our second time to this beautiful 5 star resort with our family with 4 young children.
From the check in to the checkout nothing was a problem, the staff in the restaurants to the very friendly and professional dive shop we couldn't fault this place. From the pools to the beach to the gardens to the impeccable layout of his very large resort you will not be disappointed that you stayed here. The rooms are spotless and the food is delicious in all the restaurants , Desert even better in sanasana restaurant at dinner.
Management have done a great job with there staff and professionism on all accounts. We will be back soon.

Room Tip: Pool view if you want direct access to the pool from your room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Bula Vinaka 25holidays25,

Thanks for your review. I am delighted you had a wonderful family holiday with us and that you found the food and our services to be as exceptional as expected. We appreciate your feedback and your suggestions will be passed on to our team.

We look forward to having you and your family stay with us again for another wonderful holiday. Please don’t hesitate to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to visit us again and I will have our team at reservations take great care of you.

1,217 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Korean first
Sydney Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband and i just got back from a 5 day getaway to the resort and it was magnificent.We stayed at Club Intercontinental and for a romantic getaway, you cannot beat it.When we bring the children, we stay in the main part of the resort but The Club is something special, especially for adults.The service at all the outlets was friendly and professional. Onew of the highlights is Navo restaurant which was comparable to hatted restaurants we've eaten at in Sydney(but half the cost).If you are going to Fiji, you MUST visit The Intercontinental.Only problem is all other resorts may pale in comparison.We can't wait to come back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bula Vinaka Sydneykim42,

Thank you for your short but sweet review! We agree, it is indeed the friendly and genuine nature of the Fijian people that make your experience truly unforgettable.

I am delighted you had a wonderful time and sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our sunny shores. Please feel free to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you book your next trip and I will ensure our team takes great care of you.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Terrific Resort, we recently had 4 nights here with our two boys, 8 and 11. We hadn't holidayed in Fiji before and absolutely loved it, the staff were excellent, the adults only pool was superb and they were very strict about it being adults only which was great. Activities staff playing with kids and organised a crab race every lunchtime, which kids loved. Resort grounds and pools all very clean and well maintained, the restaurants were all good, buffet dinner and breakfast excellent ( kids ate free for dinner, adults fj90 per person.) the guy managing the water sports is Australian and has his finger in the pulse, you have to pay for everything (even canoes and surfboards) but bookings were always on time (opposite to the island we went to where they were always on Fiji time) and the boat driver and Mitch absolutely excellent with the kids.
Night time entertainment in the karma bar great and lovely atmosphere, always music, quite lively. Concierge and reception staff excellent. We had a garden view room which was ground floor and a stones throw from the beach, nice outdoor area with day bed and bath, modern and nice.
Overall I would definitely go back, you can't compare this hotel to those on denarau, it is miles apart and definitely worth the extra drive to get there, without doubt.

Room Tip: Garden view rooms only 2 double beds, so we got a rollaway which the room was big enough to cope wit...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bula Vinaka samgunson,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I was delighted to read you enjoyed many of the best aspects of our resort, as well as the genuinely friendly nature of the Fijian people. I have to agree that the cultural entertainment at Kama Lounge is quite unforgettable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our sunny shores in the near future. Please don’t hesitate to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com and I will ensure our team takes wonderful care of you.

Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

It's a pretty property with nice pools and landscaping. My family and I arrived mid February and stayed 8 days. The rooms were clean, air con worked well, number of towels appropriate for us, staff friendly. Housekeeping times were inconsistent. One day they would come to clean the room at 10 am, another day at 4. My kids did not enjoy the free kids club. Since it was low season, my kids were the only ones there. We appreciated the nanny service for $10 FJD/hour to 2 kids where the nanny took the kids all over the property(pool, restaurant, beach, and room) during a day my husband and I went offsite.

Amenities such as the gym, scuba/water sports staff were great. We had nice equipment so no complaints there.

reason for only a 4/5 rating was the restaurants. Very few options because the resort is a bit isolated. Expensive overall for food and wine. Dinner buffet with a bottle of wine came to $180 FJD for 2 adults (my kids ate free because they were under age 12). Pizzas at the poolside grill averaged $24. $15 room delivery charges. Menu didn't change much so it got old pretty quick. For the price of a meal, none of it was 5 star quality.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Bula Vinaka cstong,

Thank you for your review! We were delighted to have you stay with us and I’m pleased you found your trip relaxing. Please be assured that your comments have been passed on to our team who appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you to our sunny shores once again.

Please don’t hesitate to email me at scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will see that the team takes wonderful care of you once more.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I am currently at the Fiji intercontinental and so happy here that I didn't want to wait until I got home to write my review. I actually can not believe how beautiful this resort and surrounding area is, from the photos i knew it would be lovely but it so much more beautiful in real life. I am in a pool view room and I love it. Resort facilities, restaurants, food, staff, all amazing. The beach right out front of the hotel is incredibly beautiful and I can't stop taking photos:) sky is the same bright blue colour as the water.
Tomorrow I'm going to the market, Sunday im going to visit the church service in a nearby village, and next week I'll go to the school, the spa. I'll report back on those later.
I keep walking around with a smile on my face thinking about how lucky I am to be here. Highly recommend, just go ahead and book it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Bula Vinaka rdehavil,

Vinaka Vakalevu for your review and I am delighted to hear you are taking home lasting memories of Fiji, its wonderful culture and the people.

I am pleased to read you will be enjoying our ‘In the Know’ activities- the Sigatoka Market Trip, Malomalo Primary School Tour and Sanasana Village Sunday church service, which are all truly authentic and enriching experiences.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our sunny shores, please don’t hesitate to email me on scott.williams@ihg.com and I will have our team take wonderful care of you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We just got back from a week at the Intercon Fiji celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. What a beautiful location for a resort, the amenities were wonderful and the staff very welcoming and friendly. We had booked a pool view room and were generously upgraded to a lagoon view suite which was lovely. You can do as little or as much as you like here and there is a nice mix of young families and young or older couples. The pool area is magic and I just kept pinching myself as I couldn't believe I was in such a beautiful place. We ate mainly at Tabo restaurant but had a great evening at Navo restaurant where they couldn't do enough for us with complimentary champagne for our anniversary. A highlight was a trip to the local school that the resort sponsors, I'll never forget how beautiful and happy the children were even though they have so little. I can only recommend this place based on our experience there, I know there is a lot of joking about 'Fiji time' but if you are on holidays you should be relaxing and slowing down the pace a bit. Bula, vin aka Intercon :)

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bula Vinaka RosannaChircop,

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your holiday with us on Natadola Beach – and congratulations on your 25th wedding anniversary. Natadola is indeed a beautiful and unspoiled location and I’m thrilled you were able to celebrate your memorable occasion with us.

We look forward to having you stay with us in the future. Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will have our team take wonderful care of you once more.

Brisbane
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Currently staying at the Intercontinental, our first trip to Fiji. The Resort itself looks tired in areas, tiles chipped, window coverings ripped, outdoor lounges stained. The staff are beyond fabulous, they definitely are the number one asset here. We checked in early and were given an upgrade to a Lagoon view suite, which was just incredible. We have two young children so the ground floor location was fantastic. Because of being a member of the member privileges, we were advised we'd receive the paper every morning, still yet to see one copy. The prices are extremely high for food and drinks. wifi charges are outrages-$60 for 24 hours. Would I come back? Don't think so.

Room Tip: Definitely request a lagoon view, much more secluded then the ocean view. Pool view would be very no...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear mel2006,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. It is pleasing to know that you found our staff's service to be at par with your expectations. I am sorry though that you found your stay to be less than satisfactory due to the condition of the lounge and reception area and if you were unhappy with the Internet charges. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!