We (family of 4, including a 3 & 10 year old) stayed here for 7 nights over Christmas. We had originally booked to return to Castaway Island, but due to cyclone Evan, we had to scramble to find alternative accomodation. We were lucky enough to book a 2 bedroom suite in the Club section of this resort and upon arrival were given the option to change to a 2 bedroom suite with plunge pool, which we did.
Initially, we were a bit worried about how far away the ocean looked from our room, given how tired a 3yr old legs can get, but we were quickly informed, that this is no problem, just call reception and we will send the buggy!
Honestly, the suite was fantastic, bigger than some apartments, beautiful bathrooms, great lounge area, cleopatra bath on the patio, great ocean view and even a small grassed area for the kids to play in.
Breakfast was served in the Club lounge as was the complimentary afternoon tea and cocktails. Reception staff at the Club were second to none, a credit to the hotel and a special mention to Jordan, who ferried us around in the buggy and was so welcoming and friendly.
We ate dinner in the Buffet restaurant most nights (kids eat free when accompanied by a paying adult) and, had we had known, we would have invested in the ICH priviledge card before hand which gives further savings on food. We also had room service a couple of times, always hot and delicious.
The pool at the Club is to die for!!!!! We all loved it - just remember to keep the kids under control as its a 'quiet' pool. The family pool and the adults only pool in the main resort were also great.
Spent most evenings lounging at the Kama Lounge, taking in the nightly shows enjoying a cocktail or two. The various singers who entertained the guests were outstanding.
Spa was great, beach was great, staff were just so friendly and nothing was too much trouble.
We hired a nanny a couple of times (thank you Quinney) just to enjoy a few hours relaxing in the Lounge and in the adults pool. FJ$15 per hour, minimum three hours.
Christmas Day was really enjoyable, the atmostphere was great, the sun was shining and everything went without a hitch.
My only gripe would be that during our stay, we were told that the resort was fully booked and that we couldn't extend our stay for a further 3 nights (we had planned on being at Castaway for 10 nights all up) but the day before we were due to leave to go the Shangri La for the remainder of our holiday, we were told we could stay! Shame really, as the minute we walked into the Shangri La, we wanted to get in a taxi and head straight back out again.
Other than that, I cannot fault a thing. Would we return - absolutely. Would we recommend it - absolutely.
For me, the best thing about this resort, was the service - second to none. A rarity these days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort and Spa is located on the beautiful and picturesque Natadola Beach on Fiji's main island of Viti Levu. Relax on palm-fringed white sand beach or swim or snorkel in rolling surf to experience natural Fijian ambiance. The resort offers breathtaking 360-degree views of Natadola Bay and exotic landscaped gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotel.de, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Resort And Spa
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Hotel Sigatoka
- Intercontinental Coral Coast
- Intercontinental Fiji Hotel
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa Sigatoka