“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Sigatoka
Brisbane, Australia
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We (family of 4, including a 3 & 10 year old) stayed here for 7 nights over Christmas. We had originally booked to return to Castaway Island, but due to cyclone Evan, we had to scramble to find alternative accomodation. We were lucky enough to book a 2 bedroom suite in the Club section of this resort and upon arrival were given the option to change to a 2 bedroom suite with plunge pool, which we did.
Initially, we were a bit worried about how far away the ocean looked from our room, given how tired a 3yr old legs can get, but we were quickly informed, that this is no problem, just call reception and we will send the buggy!
Honestly, the suite was fantastic, bigger than some apartments, beautiful bathrooms, great lounge area, cleopatra bath on the patio, great ocean view and even a small grassed area for the kids to play in.

Breakfast was served in the Club lounge as was the complimentary afternoon tea and cocktails. Reception staff at the Club were second to none, a credit to the hotel and a special mention to Jordan, who ferried us around in the buggy and was so welcoming and friendly.

We ate dinner in the Buffet restaurant most nights (kids eat free when accompanied by a paying adult) and, had we had known, we would have invested in the ICH priviledge card before hand which gives further savings on food. We also had room service a couple of times, always hot and delicious.

The pool at the Club is to die for!!!!! We all loved it - just remember to keep the kids under control as its a 'quiet' pool. The family pool and the adults only pool in the main resort were also great.

Spent most evenings lounging at the Kama Lounge, taking in the nightly shows enjoying a cocktail or two. The various singers who entertained the guests were outstanding.

Spa was great, beach was great, staff were just so friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

We hired a nanny a couple of times (thank you Quinney) just to enjoy a few hours relaxing in the Lounge and in the adults pool. FJ$15 per hour, minimum three hours.

Christmas Day was really enjoyable, the atmostphere was great, the sun was shining and everything went without a hitch.

My only gripe would be that during our stay, we were told that the resort was fully booked and that we couldn't extend our stay for a further 3 nights (we had planned on being at Castaway for 10 nights all up) but the day before we were due to leave to go the Shangri La for the remainder of our holiday, we were told we could stay! Shame really, as the minute we walked into the Shangri La, we wanted to get in a taxi and head straight back out again.

Other than that, I cannot fault a thing. Would we return - absolutely. Would we recommend it - absolutely.

For me, the best thing about this resort, was the service - second to none. A rarity these days.

Room Tip: Can't go pass the Club suites, but honestly, I think we would have been happy in any of the room...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Bula vinaka NG13,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful and thorough review of our resort!
I was delighted to read you enjoyed our the very best of our Club InterContinental facilities as well as the other wonderful aspects of the resort. With cocktails, entertainment and a magnificent sunset each night Kama Lounge is definitely a fantastic place to be.

I will be sure to pass your wonderful comments on to the team – as well as Queeny and our Planet Trekkers team who love receiving great feedback! We appreciate your fantastic recommendation.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort again soon! Please3 feel free toe mail me at scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide on your next travel date and will ensure the team takes great care of you once again.

Scott Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

2nd time at Intercontinental Fiji. The beach is heavenly and very clean compared to Denaru beaches which is closer to the airport and where a number of hotel chains including Radisson or Sheraton or Hilton resides.

ICH Platinum Ambassador benefits honored:
- 1 tier upgrade from Club King Suite to Club King Suite Plunge
- free one-off access to the minibar
- late checkout

In-room dining, food, recreational activities like fishing are competitively priced if one is used to Australia's living standard.

Food at Navo fine dining is good, not spectacular. Sashimi could have been fresher.

Service at Sansara buffet can be improved i.e. 1 waiter/waitress vs 30 hungry patrons with offspring. Cocktails took extended time to be delivered.

Lots of mosquito flying around in Fiji and within the hotel. Whilst this is almost unpreventable, it would be great if insect repellent can be provided

Other than the above nitpicking, Intercontinental Fji is fabulous and you can't go wrong choosing this hotel over Hilton or Radisson or Westin or any other hotels in Fiji; unless you smoke the AMEX and splurge on the USD7000 tariff/night Dolphin Island resort

Room Tip: Consider 3112 Club King Plunge which provides a good glimpse of the beach, provide privacy (nearly...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bula vinaka Raymondteh,

Thank you for sharing your InterContinental Fiji experience and lovely photos with us!
I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay in our Club InterContinental suite, and hope you enjoyed your private plunge pool! I was disappointed to read your dining experience didn’t match our usual high standards. I appreciate you sharing your feedback and will be sure to pass this on to the team.

Please feel free to share your photos with us on our Facebook page also! We look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful stay. You are welcome to contact me directly on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will ensure the team takes great care of you once again.

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My partner and I recently stayed for 5nights. We visit Fiji each year and this was the first time at the Intercon. First impressions were amazing, the rooms are spacious, clean and modern especially the outdoor area with seating and the Cleopatra bath. Pure Fiji items were replenished in the bathroom each day. The infinity pool is amazing and the perfect spot to watch the Sunsets. However it is supposed to be a Tranquil Adults Only area ( it is not as children frequently swim in the pool and the staff don't seem to mind )... The restaurant food is delicious! Food, drinks, spa treatments and products are very reasonably priced compared to other resorts in Fiji.
We enjoyed our stay and will be booking again.
I do have two things which would make ours and I'm sure other people's stay much better. There aren't any hammocks to relax on ( no buggy as there are amazing cabanas and day beds everywhere ) but mainly there isn't any Music!! During the day around the pool area, music would be good! At night music after the band would be good!! Just atmosphere in general is lacking. We were in our room by 8.30pm every night because there was nothing happening!! We would have liked to have a few drinks, chill in the bar or by the pool at night and even dance a bit.. Other than that, I would recommend this hotel...

Room Tip: All rooms have a Cleopatra bath.. So really depends on which room type you prefer. We had a pool vie...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
General_Manager_Fiji, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Bula ByrenAndHarper,

Thank you for taking a moment to review us! I was delighted to read you were so impressed with the resort and we have to agree - the Cleopatra baths with their view of Natadola bay are incredible.

I was sorry to read you felt the Adults Only policy was not enforced enough while you were with us and I will be sure to remind the team to continue to be proactive about this.

I’m delighted you enjoyed our beach-side Cabanas and day-beds also. I was surprised however to read your comments regarding entertainment, as we put on a variety of cultural entertainment, live bands, and DJ’s from sunset onwards every night at Kama Lounge. If you feel you would like to enquire about this further please don’t hesitate to contact me at scott.williams@ihg.com and I’d be happy to provide more information.

Thank you for recommending us and we’re looking forward to seeing you again at Natadola Bay.

Hull
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was lucky enough to be invited to the Intercontinental for a Team get-together with my colleagues. We were all blown away by the Intercontinental, by the graciousness and helpfulness of the staff, the stunning surroundings both internally and (obviously!) externally, and everything else Fiji had to show us.

From the moment I stepped out of my gate at the airport a wonderful Gentleman called Nil was there waiting to take my bags and get me to the resort. What a warm welcome! He talked about many things on the ride over to the hotel and it was so good having such a lively and interesting conversation about local areas, cultures and things to do and see.

The room was absolutely stunning, and I was blown away by the bathtub on the balcony, with a beautiful sea view!

I can't fault anything with the food or drink, all staff were lovely and all food absolutely delicious. Navo is perfect for special culinary indulgence, and the Tabos grill was great for great tasting, simple food (and a fantastic array of cocktails!) The breakfast buffet too, always had a fantastic selection, and new hot meals to choose from every morning.

We took a humbling and insightful trip to the Sigatoka Village where we were welcomed with open arms, and taken in for food and lots and lots of energetic dancing! It was a night I'll never forget.

I was also lucky enough to get treated to a spa treatment at the resort and the Spa staff do their very utmost to keep you comfortable and relaxed.

As there were so many of us in the group, I'm sure the staff had quite a task on their hands keeping us well fed and quenched, but the hotel put on some absolutely incredible entertainment for us (local Fire dancers being the highlight!) and we now have so many wonderful memories to take home and talk about.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Bula vinaka Heather N,

It was a pleasure to read your review of our property, thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experiences with us! I am delighted you enjoyed the many wonderful aspects of our resort – as well as some magnificent sunsets while you were here!

I was thrilled to read you also experienced the wonderful local culture of Fiji on the village tours. It’s experiences like these that make your stay truly memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Fiji with open arms once more. Please don’t hesitate to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will see our team takes wonderful care of you once more.

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Visited last July with husband and step children after last being here on our Honeymoon the previous November 2011. I can recommend joining the Intercontinental's Ambassador Club prior to your stay as the benefits are great. We booked a 2 bedroom suite in the Club section and was upgraded to the best room in the Resort, the Natadola Suite.

It's huge with it's own pool and view of the Ocean. Each evening you had your own private torch lighters come by which added to the Fiji feel. The food at the Club section is good and everyone also enjoyed the various buffets down stairs. All the staff looked after us again, Marika, Jane and the fabulous Sala, Manager of the Club.

Once the kids, 7 & 10 tried out the Kids Club they didn't want to stay away! The Spa was just as good as well as my last visit.

If you want to mix up your Holiday with Mainland time and Island time then the Intercontinental is the place to stay for some down time but with style and good service.

Hope to be back one day.

Lozzie64

Room Tip: Become an Ambassador Club member before you travel and get a great upgrade.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bula Lozzie64,

Vinaka Vakalevu for your lovely review, we appreciate your wonderful feedback – especially from a Senior Reviewer. It was a pleasure having you and your family stay with us and I’m delighted our Club InterContinental offerings met your expectations- as well as the other aspects of the resort you experienced.

I will be sure to pass your comments on to the Club InterContinental team who will certainly appreciate hearing from you. We’re looking forward to having you stay with us again. Please feel free to contact me directly at scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will see that you’re well taken care of.

Ryde, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I spent 4 nights (too few) here with my mum in a twin room in December 2012, just before the cyclone came through. The resort was not very busy, so we had a great time!! The room was beautiful (we had "glimpes of the beach' view), the food was great (in all reasturants - Navo is definitely worth having at leat one meal in!) and the staff exceptional!! Truly Fijian!!

We had a lovely treatment at the spa, went for loooong walks on the very, very nice beach, lounged by the pool and felt very much relaxed.

I forgot a favourite item of clothing, which arrived in the mail today (ok, after some correspondece and exchange of money)!! We'll be back for sure, it's just lovely!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bula AsaAxel,

I was delighted to read your review of our resort- thank you for taking a moment to give us your feedback.

I’m thrilled you and your mum had a memorable time with us on Natadola Bay and pleased you had the opportunity to experience both our award winning Navo Restaurant and Spa InterContinental.

We look forward to welcoming you back for more relaxing days by the pool and walks on the beach. Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide on your next travel dates and I will see our Reservations team takes wonderful care of you.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We attended a wedding with 70 other guests and wouldn't normally stay 5 star so we enjoyed the luxury. A good place for guests with very young families or honeymooners but a long way to travel to see other attractions in the area as it's quite isolated.

• Stayed October 2012
Bula Rovingrob123,

Thank you for your short but sweet review! I’m delighted you enjoyed your time with us at Natadola Beach and found our property as luxurious as you had hoped.

While our unique location creates a haven of peace and tranquility, there are many attractions only a short 30 minute drive from Natadola Bay. With your transport pre-arranged by our Concierge team, these activities are exciting cultural experiences that are sure to make your Fijian holiday even more memorable.

We look forward to having you stay with us again, please feel free to contact me directly on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will have our team on hand once more to meet all your needs.

Scott Williams

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!