“Great Resort & Beach” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Sigatoka
Sydney
“Great Resort & Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My partner and I recently stayed for 5nights. We visit Fiji each year and this was the first time at the Intercon. First impressions were amazing, the rooms are spacious, clean and modern especially the outdoor area with seating and the Cleopatra bath. Pure Fiji items were replenished in the bathroom each day. The infinity pool is amazing and the perfect spot to watch the Sunsets. However it is supposed to be a Tranquil Adults Only area ( it is not as children frequently swim in the pool and the staff don't seem to mind )... The restaurant food is delicious! Food, drinks, spa treatments and products are very reasonably priced compared to other resorts in Fiji.
We enjoyed our stay and will be booking again.
I do have two things which would make ours and I'm sure other people's stay much better. There aren't any hammocks to relax on ( no buggy as there are amazing cabanas and day beds everywhere ) but mainly there isn't any Music!! During the day around the pool area, music would be good! At night music after the band would be good!! Just atmosphere in general is lacking. We were in our room by 8.30pm every night because there was nothing happening!! We would have liked to have a few drinks, chill in the bar or by the pool at night and even dance a bit.. Other than that, I would recommend this hotel...

Room Tip: All rooms have a Cleopatra bath.. So really depends on which room type you prefer. We had a pool vie...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
General_Manager_Fiji, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Bula ByrenAndHarper,

Thank you for taking a moment to review us! I was delighted to read you were so impressed with the resort and we have to agree - the Cleopatra baths with their view of Natadola bay are incredible.

I was sorry to read you felt the Adults Only policy was not enforced enough while you were with us and I will be sure to remind the team to continue to be proactive about this.

I’m delighted you enjoyed our beach-side Cabanas and day-beds also. I was surprised however to read your comments regarding entertainment, as we put on a variety of cultural entertainment, live bands, and DJ’s from sunset onwards every night at Kama Lounge. If you feel you would like to enquire about this further please don’t hesitate to contact me at scott.williams@ihg.com and I’d be happy to provide more information.

Thank you for recommending us and we’re looking forward to seeing you again at Natadola Bay.

1,275 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
  • Korean first
Hull
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was lucky enough to be invited to the Intercontinental for a Team get-together with my colleagues. We were all blown away by the Intercontinental, by the graciousness and helpfulness of the staff, the stunning surroundings both internally and (obviously!) externally, and everything else Fiji had to show us.

From the moment I stepped out of my gate at the airport a wonderful Gentleman called Nil was there waiting to take my bags and get me to the resort. What a warm welcome! He talked about many things on the ride over to the hotel and it was so good having such a lively and interesting conversation about local areas, cultures and things to do and see.

The room was absolutely stunning, and I was blown away by the bathtub on the balcony, with a beautiful sea view!

I can't fault anything with the food or drink, all staff were lovely and all food absolutely delicious. Navo is perfect for special culinary indulgence, and the Tabos grill was great for great tasting, simple food (and a fantastic array of cocktails!) The breakfast buffet too, always had a fantastic selection, and new hot meals to choose from every morning.

We took a humbling and insightful trip to the Sigatoka Village where we were welcomed with open arms, and taken in for food and lots and lots of energetic dancing! It was a night I'll never forget.

I was also lucky enough to get treated to a spa treatment at the resort and the Spa staff do their very utmost to keep you comfortable and relaxed.

As there were so many of us in the group, I'm sure the staff had quite a task on their hands keeping us well fed and quenched, but the hotel put on some absolutely incredible entertainment for us (local Fire dancers being the highlight!) and we now have so many wonderful memories to take home and talk about.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mr_Scott_Williams, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Bula vinaka Heather N,

It was a pleasure to read your review of our property, thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experiences with us! I am delighted you enjoyed the many wonderful aspects of our resort – as well as some magnificent sunsets while you were here!

I was thrilled to read you also experienced the wonderful local culture of Fiji on the village tours. It’s experiences like these that make your stay truly memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Fiji with open arms once more. Please don’t hesitate to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will see our team takes wonderful care of you once more.

Kind Regards,
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Visited last July with husband and step children after last being here on our Honeymoon the previous November 2011. I can recommend joining the Intercontinental's Ambassador Club prior to your stay as the benefits are great. We booked a 2 bedroom suite in the Club section and was upgraded to the best room in the Resort, the Natadola Suite.

It's huge with it's own pool and view of the Ocean. Each evening you had your own private torch lighters come by which added to the Fiji feel. The food at the Club section is good and everyone also enjoyed the various buffets down stairs. All the staff looked after us again, Marika, Jane and the fabulous Sala, Manager of the Club.

Once the kids, 7 & 10 tried out the Kids Club they didn't want to stay away! The Spa was just as good as well as my last visit.

If you want to mix up your Holiday with Mainland time and Island time then the Intercontinental is the place to stay for some down time but with style and good service.

Hope to be back one day.

Lozzie64

Room Tip: Become an Ambassador Club member before you travel and get a great upgrade.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bula Lozzie64,

Vinaka Vakalevu for your lovely review, we appreciate your wonderful feedback – especially from a Senior Reviewer. It was a pleasure having you and your family stay with us and I’m delighted our Club InterContinental offerings met your expectations- as well as the other aspects of the resort you experienced.

I will be sure to pass your comments on to the Club InterContinental team who will certainly appreciate hearing from you. We’re looking forward to having you stay with us again. Please feel free to contact me directly at scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will see that you’re well taken care of.

Ryde, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I spent 4 nights (too few) here with my mum in a twin room in December 2012, just before the cyclone came through. The resort was not very busy, so we had a great time!! The room was beautiful (we had "glimpes of the beach' view), the food was great (in all reasturants - Navo is definitely worth having at leat one meal in!) and the staff exceptional!! Truly Fijian!!

We had a lovely treatment at the spa, went for loooong walks on the very, very nice beach, lounged by the pool and felt very much relaxed.

I forgot a favourite item of clothing, which arrived in the mail today (ok, after some correspondece and exchange of money)!! We'll be back for sure, it's just lovely!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bula AsaAxel,

I was delighted to read your review of our resort- thank you for taking a moment to give us your feedback.

I’m thrilled you and your mum had a memorable time with us on Natadola Bay and pleased you had the opportunity to experience both our award winning Navo Restaurant and Spa InterContinental.

We look forward to welcoming you back for more relaxing days by the pool and walks on the beach. Please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide on your next travel dates and I will see our Reservations team takes wonderful care of you.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We attended a wedding with 70 other guests and wouldn't normally stay 5 star so we enjoyed the luxury. A good place for guests with very young families or honeymooners but a long way to travel to see other attractions in the area as it's quite isolated.

• Stayed October 2012
Bula Rovingrob123,

Thank you for your short but sweet review! I’m delighted you enjoyed your time with us at Natadola Beach and found our property as luxurious as you had hoped.

While our unique location creates a haven of peace and tranquility, there are many attractions only a short 30 minute drive from Natadola Bay. With your transport pre-arranged by our Concierge team, these activities are exciting cultural experiences that are sure to make your Fijian holiday even more memorable.

We look forward to having you stay with us again, please feel free to contact me directly on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will have our team on hand once more to meet all your needs.

Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed here in July 2012 and loved our room and found the service to be very good. However, we were traveling without our children and I wouldn't recommend coming here to have a quiet couples getaway. With children it is a very nice, upscale resort popular with Australians and Kiwis (this is a plus in my book).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Bula Adzema,

Vinaka for you review of our resort! I was delighted to read you found our facilities and services met your expectations and I’m thrilled you enjoyed our time with us!

For those seeking a more intimate experience, our Club InterContinental, adults only Infinity Pool, fine-dining, private beach-side Cabanas and private accommodation aim to provide our couples the seclusion and privacy they seek.

We’re looking forward to welcoming you back to the resort- please feel free to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to visit us again and I will see that the team takes great care of you once more.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I just spent 5 amazing days at the Intercontinental Fiji. It was our first trip overseas and as we were celebrating our 5th anniversary we wanted something special.
The hotel is beautiful. The rooms very clean and the service outstanding. You must try Navo
restaurant. We took photo's of our meals they were so amazing. The concierge Nikki could not do enough for us, helping with all of our enquiries and having a bottle of champagne waiting in our room on our speacial day.If we ever make it back to Fiji we would not stay anywhere else. After seeing our photo's and hearing of our experience, our parents and their friends are booking a holiday mid year. I am very fussy as where I stay, ( only 5 star ) and I will never forget the Intercontinental Fiji.Better than any 5 star I have stayed at in Australia.

Room Tip: We had a beach front suite. Very quiet with no children around us.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
General_Manager_Fiji, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Bula sciona,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort, and happy 5th anniversary! I’m delighted you and your husband enjoyed a relaxing and luxurious escape with us, and that you had the opportunity to experience our award-winning restaurant Navo.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team, as well as Nikki, who will appreciate your great feedback!

I’m thrilled to hear your friends and family will be visiting our sunny shores soon also, please feel free to have them email me on scott.williams@ihg.com and I will ensure the team takes wonderful care of them. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future too and wish you all the best.

Vinaka & Regards,
Scott Williams

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!