“Good but not the full 5 star experience - the golf course is amazing though!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Sigatoka
Brisbane, Australia
“Good but not the full 5 star experience - the golf course is amazing though!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We arrived after the cyclone and there was some visible damage to the resort, mostly roof tiles and plants. If anyone said this ruined their experience, which I heard a few times, they are being pedantic. All up it is a nice resort although the rooms are what I would say is the minimum for 5 star. Staff are lovely. The golf course is phenomenal; many thanks to the locals who find your balls and sell them back to you. Without them I'd have had no balls left after a few days as its certainly not an easy course.

Room Tip: Everything here is an add in to your room so be prepared to pay.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
General_Manager_Fiji, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Bula vinaka 500AMB,

Vinaka vaka levu for your short but sweet review. We were quite fortunate to come out of the recent cyclone largely unscathed, and most importantly that our guests were safe and as comfortable as possible throughout this time.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our sunny shores for the true InterContinental Fiji five-star experience. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to visit again and I will ensure our team takes wonderful care of you.

Scott Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
  • Korean first
Aussies in UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

We attended a family wedding and stayed for 7 days. What an awesome place for a weddinf snd the local entertainment was fantastic.

We have a family of 6 and our request for 2 rooms next to each other was met. We also have a family member with limited mobility an requested rooms to be centrally located to reduce walking distance and maintain independence was also met.

It is well worth purchasing a priority privilege card to get discounts at the restaurants and make sure your package includes at least $600fjd room credit. The food is awesome. Even though the buffet dinners are expensive, the seafood buffet and catch of the dry themes are awesome. Would also recommend having lunch at the golf club.

We did the tour to the local village and school, shopping trip to Sigatoka, snorkeling. Speaking of snorkeling, our son with mild Cerebral palsy was accommodated amazingly and was able to participate. Usually the group going to the local village would walk but the staff happily arranged for a resort minibus to take the group.

The staff were sooo friendly and made our kids feel at home. We didn't have to think of anything which made it feel like we had a real holiday.

We were sad to leave and in fact I cried.

We lived the pool and the fact that towels are supplied pool side was a real plus.

Would love to go back again.

• Stayed November 2012
Bula vinaka hortontf,

Thank you for your great review! I was so pleased to read about all the wonderful aspects of the resort your family was able to experience while you were here!

We endeavour to accommodate our guests’ needs in any way possible and I am pleased your son had a wonderful time on Natadola Bay.

We are looking forward to seeing you again, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will ensure our team takes care of all your needs.

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

It is without a doubt a beautiful resort. Staying at the club suites are fabulous. We did have hiccups being moved 3 times to a room but it eventually worked out to date (still here for a few more nights). The 2 bedders are absolutely huge. Housekeeping is good. Views tremendous. Beach beautiful. The club is truly a reort within a resort. We notice when we mention our room number that he service in the other area is picked up and not so much on "Fiji time". Attention and turn aroun in the club is goo. The buggy boys are so courteous, friendl and helpful as are the restaurant staff. They are a friendly bunch. Sala is a wonderful lady who has assisted us a great deal. She has carried out what she said she woul do or us and helped further. It is staff like this that make our stay wonderful and a staff member whom are hard to find and definitely someone to keep and promote. Thank you sala. The kids club is good. The first visit our kids weren't given drinks so were thirsty when we collected them. We since informed them and will hopefully see improvement. It is so peaceful up in the club and love staying up here. The kids do enjoy the kids pool so we venture down to break up our day. Toba has great food and we like the environment for dinner. Sanasana has the buffet meals and that has a pretty good selection of food. We prefer the club longe for breakfast though as its so busy for breakfast in sanasana. We had Santa arrive on Xmas day by boat of the kids and it was so lovely. It was a great experience and The kids enjoyed it then headed off to the kids pool with their goodies bag. All in all to date we are enjoying ourselves its just picturesque you just feel so spoiled. The perks with the club are fabulous as well.

Room Tip: If you are up in the club I suggest you request a room close to the club lounge particularly if you...
Bula vinaka Malsywalsy,

Thank you for your review! I am delighted you and your family thoroughly enjoyed Club InterContinental and its privileges!

Sala and our Itokani butlers will be thrilled to hear your feedback and I will be sure to pass this on to them. We look forward to your next visit! Do feel free to email me directly on scott.williams@ihg.com and I will ensure your needs are well taken care of once again.

Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

There's is nothing I can say about this Resort except that it rates up with the best. It is one of the prettiest island we have been to and we have been to a few.
This is our second time back here and once again I wasn't disappointed. We stayed in the Club Room and we were very spoilt.
Every single staff member was so helpful, polite and friendly. We couldn't have asked for a better time. They felt like a second family.
Oh the only thing I would say is they need firmer pillows hehehe too soft for me :-)
We will be back again, Vinaka :-)

Room Tip: All rooms are great. Beach front are excellent and the Club Room is excellent.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bula vinaka JazzbabyAustralia,

Vinaka vaka levu for your review! I am thrilled you had a good time at the resort and have to agree that there’s no greater luxury than ending a holiday feeling relaxed, pampered and spoilt.

It was a pleasure to have you return to our sunny shores and we look forward to the next time you visit your InterContinental Fiji family! Please do email me at scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will ensure your next stay is just as fabulous.

hamiton new zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Fantastic spot with the best beach and great for a romantic stay.
Pricey! The local ladies try to rip you off, so be firm with your prices. The little shop by the concierge was better value than the local ladies and the food and drink cheaper than the rest of the resort.
Check your charges daily as they can be incorrect.
The cleaning was terrible! I spilt my tea on the bench, it was still there after the cleaners had been and there was still hair all over the bathroom floor! Not 5 star cleaning!
Fantastic spot for a wedding and they pulled out all the stops for a great time and cannot fault them on their attentiveness and service! Service by staff was exceptional.

Room Tip: Beachfront was lovely but tends to be windy. Rooms 13-14 are handy to the facilities and not that no...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bula vinaka donnazart,

Thanks for taking a moment to write a review, we sincerely appreciate our guests’ feedback. I was pleased to read you experienced the romantic aspects of our resort, and found our team and service exceptional.

One of the ways we support the Natadola Bay community is allowing the local ladies from Sanasana village to sell their souvenirs, however it is up to the vendor to set their prices competitively. We will certainly pass on your feedback to them for their consideration.

I was disappointed to read you didn’t find housekeeping up to our usual standard and I will be sure to pass this feedback on to the appropriate department heads.

We’re looking forward to welcoming you back! Please don’t hesitate to contact me onscott.williams@ihg.com and I will ensure our reservations team takes great care of you.

Bridgetown, Barbados
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I work in Suva and decided to treat myself to a nice weekend closer to the airport at a great resort and spa before the long flight. I have never stayed at an InterContinental and wanted to try it out. I am not a covert and not at all convinced that the brand is a 5 star. I would have given it a 3.5 if possible but the value for money ratio was just not good enough for 4 so I went with 3. The long and short of it: The location in amazing and definitely 5 star. The service was very good. The spa was good.The food is average to not great. If you are looking for a romantic getaway this may not be the best place for you either because it is a resort that caters to a lot of families. kids are everywhere even around the adult pool. Before I get to the details I think it important to just give an advisory to visitors looking for white gleaming sand and aqua blue beaches. Fiji is gorgeous and lush and has good beaches. However if you want the white sand blue water beaches you have to go to the smaller islands which are quite expensive. It may just be a better bet to head to French Polynesia, the Maldives, the Caribbean (Antigua, Barbados, the Grenadines or St Lucia) Mozambique or Zanzibar. If you want good brownish sand clear enough waters and fabulous culture Fiji is great. Now to the details.

Location: This is the one real 5 star element. This is the best beach I've seen on Viti Levu, the big island. The beach rooms are worth it. The tide goes out quite far in the afternoon and you can walk to some of the further sand embankments. The resort is beautifully landscaped as well.

Food: this was quite disappointing. I was hoping to retreat to the room with great room service when I wasn't at the beach or the spa. The room service menu was limited. it wasn't possible to order calamari as an appetizer without fries and even when they removed the fries the price remained the same- 34Fijian (approx 15US). I was incredibly disappointed to find out the lunch menu at the main restaurant was the same as the room service menu. Just as limited. I also found the food to be pretty salty generally. The breakfast buffet was the best thing about the food. The Saturday night seafood buffet was good too. I agree with a previous reviewer that they may want to think about another restaurant. The Navo restaurant gets good reviews but if this is a 5 star resort all the restaurants should be top notch. I also think they should think about having more all inclusive options.

Service: Very good service. Attentive without being suffocating. The only issue I had was with the men who managed the horses on the beach and I'm not sure that they are affiliated directly with the hotel. They were too pushy. One followed me out to an embankment where I was walking luckily there were other guests close by, but I was uncomfortable.

Spa: I was very excited about the spa and was slightly disappointed. I prebooked what I wanted via email only to turn up and have no reservation. Marietta was wonderful and sorted everything out quickly. I enjoyed my treatments. Nalini was very good. However, the spa facilities were just okay. For a manicure the client has to sit in a manicurist chair and bend over a massage table while the manicurist sits on the other side. There were no massage pedicure chairs so the treatment is done with the pedicurist sitting on the ground using a bowl of water that gets cold pretty quickly. Not to mention the robe navigation to ensure the poor therapist doesn't get an eyeful. The spas in South Africa set the bar very high, any Amani spa or the Kapama Lodge spa.

Rooms: comfortable modern. I loved the beachfront location. I was downstairs and thought that upstairs may have been better for privacy.

Generally I enjoyed myself but I really didn't think it was good value for money. The interContinental seems to be 3.5-4 star brand but definitely not 5. &Beyond and Four Seasons are 5 star brands that set the bar quite high and are more affordable. I'll probably save for a Bora Bora stay with my partner next and treat myself to the Pearl or the Radisson next time before a flight.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with beachfront.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
General_Manager_Fiji, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Bula WITravellingDiva,

Thank you for your review of our resort and your thorough feedback. Voted one of the top 10 beaches in the world by Forbe’s magazine Natadola Beach is certainly a spectacular location with its natural white sand beach and azure waters. I am delighted you enjoyed many aspects of the resort while you were with us, though somewhat disappointed to read your stay did not meet your expectations on all accounts. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the matters raised further and can be contacted at scott.williams@ihg.com..

We would love to welcome you back to Natadola Bay for a true InterContinental Fiji holiday experience in the near future so hope to hear from you.

Kind Regards,
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We are currently at the Intercontinental in the Cyclone Evan. The staff has things very well in order and the buildings are holding up very well so far. This is a great resort in good weather but they really shine in situations like these.

Bula KenPinDenver,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, while the recent cyclone certainly presented its challenges our priority was to keep our guests and employees safe. We were fortunate to only sustain very minor damage and within 24 hours our dedicated team (and some wonderful guests) had rallied together with the famous ‘Bula Spirit’ and returned the resort to full operations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Natadola Bay for a sunnier stay soon!

Kind Regards,
Scott Williams

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!