WOW, where do I start with this amaaaaaaazing property??!!!!! It's the 2nd time we've been here (the 1st time was simply to visit for dinner before returning to another hotel), but this time we stayed for 10 wonderful nights and really didn't want to leave!
I travelled in October with my husband and 2 children (aged 5 and 4), as well as my husband's whole family for a wedding at the hotel's Chapel. From the breathtaking accommodation (the Natadola Suite perched atop the hill was just breathtaking), to the delicious food, to the unbelievable staff at the Club Intercontinental, to the friendly team at Planet Trekkers and the Spa...it was all just wonderful. I have to say, the service we received from ALL Club Intercontinental staff was truly exceptional, like nothing we have ever experienced. Nothing was too much trouble and they always bent-over-backwards to assist us in ANY way they could, and it was always done with a smile. As for the food...ah, it was so delicious! By far the best food we have EVER experienced in all our stays in Fiji!! Yes, there was the odd hiccup or something that may not have been readily available, but the key to the success of our stay is that all the staff were straight on top of it and were able to rectify anything.
One thing I will say to those who seem to comment on how pricey the hotel is, in reality it IS a 5-star resort so you shouldn't be surprised to see the 5-star prices that go with it. However, we didn't find it outrageous at all and from personal experience, it actually was quite competitively priced across the board (eg a burger in the Toba Grill was about AUD$22......we pay about $32 or even $35 for the equivalent here in a 5-star Sydney hotel!!!!! And a 90-min massage was a very reasonable AUD$150 approx.)
As for the "Fijian time" factor, you just have to expect that, so to all people visiting Fiji and in particular the Intercontinental, I say just go with it. You pick Fiji as a destination to unwind and escape the rat-race, so just accept it for what it is and appreciate that it helps you achieve this! If this isn't your thing, then perhaps Fiji is not the right destination for you.
All-in-all, our stay was one of the most memorable we've ever had. We adore Fiji (my kids simply didn't want to leave!) and embrace all the cultural differences and natural beauty that it has to offer. All credit must go to Scott and his whole team. A truly beautiful resort with an experience to match. Will most definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort and Spa is located on the beautiful and picturesque Natadola Beach on Fiji's main island of Viti Levu. Relax on palm-fringed white sand beach or swim or snorkel in rolling surf to experience natural Fijian ambiance. The resort offers breathtaking 360-degree views of Natadola Bay and exotic landscaped gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Low Cost Holidays and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Hotel Sigatoka
- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Resort And Spa
- Intercontinental Coral Coast
- Intercontinental Fiji Hotel
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa Sigatoka