“Now this is what you call heaven on earth!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
IHG Special up to 25% Off
Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Sigatoka
Sydney, Australia
“Now this is what you call heaven on earth!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

WOW, where do I start with this amaaaaaaazing property??!!!!! It's the 2nd time we've been here (the 1st time was simply to visit for dinner before returning to another hotel), but this time we stayed for 10 wonderful nights and really didn't want to leave!

I travelled in October with my husband and 2 children (aged 5 and 4), as well as my husband's whole family for a wedding at the hotel's Chapel. From the breathtaking accommodation (the Natadola Suite perched atop the hill was just breathtaking), to the delicious food, to the unbelievable staff at the Club Intercontinental, to the friendly team at Planet Trekkers and the Spa...it was all just wonderful. I have to say, the service we received from ALL Club Intercontinental staff was truly exceptional, like nothing we have ever experienced. Nothing was too much trouble and they always bent-over-backwards to assist us in ANY way they could, and it was always done with a smile. As for the food...ah, it was so delicious! By far the best food we have EVER experienced in all our stays in Fiji!! Yes, there was the odd hiccup or something that may not have been readily available, but the key to the success of our stay is that all the staff were straight on top of it and were able to rectify anything.

One thing I will say to those who seem to comment on how pricey the hotel is, in reality it IS a 5-star resort so you shouldn't be surprised to see the 5-star prices that go with it. However, we didn't find it outrageous at all and from personal experience, it actually was quite competitively priced across the board (eg a burger in the Toba Grill was about AUD$22......we pay about $32 or even $35 for the equivalent here in a 5-star Sydney hotel!!!!! And a 90-min massage was a very reasonable AUD$150 approx.)

As for the "Fijian time" factor, you just have to expect that, so to all people visiting Fiji and in particular the Intercontinental, I say just go with it. You pick Fiji as a destination to unwind and escape the rat-race, so just accept it for what it is and appreciate that it helps you achieve this! If this isn't your thing, then perhaps Fiji is not the right destination for you.

All-in-all, our stay was one of the most memorable we've ever had. We adore Fiji (my kids simply didn't want to leave!) and embrace all the cultural differences and natural beauty that it has to offer. All credit must go to Scott and his whole team. A truly beautiful resort with an experience to match. Will most definitely be back!

Room Tip: If you want a stay with that extra "something special", shout yourself a room on the hill...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
General_Manager_Fiji, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Bulasupermum777,

Vinaka vaka levu for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our resort! I was thrilled to read you and your family had a relaxing and memorable stay with us in October, and we sincerely appreciate your positive feedback!

I was delighted to read you enjoyed so many aspects of the resort, particularly our Spa InterContinental and kids club, Planet Trekkers, and that you and your children were also able to experience exciting aspects of Fijian culture.

I have passed your comments onto our Itokani butlers at Club InterContinental, as well as the rest of the team who will be delighted with your great feedback.

We’re looking forward to your return to sunny Natadola! Please feel free to email me directly at scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to visit us again and I will ensure our team takes great care of you once again.

Kind Regards,

1,243 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Korean first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Had a fantastic few days at Natadola Intercontinental Our beautiful lagoon view room was sheer luxury. The outside bath ( with a lagoon view) was out of this world, once the candles were lit and the Bose sound system was switched on, we were in heaven ( Fiji heaven!)
We will be back for longer next time ( soon), so very relaxing.
Thanks to all the wonderful staff for making our stay even more than perfect, see you next time.

Room Tip: All rooms of a very high standard, those with a lagoon or ocean view amazing!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
General_Manager_Fiji, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Bula Bev H,

Thank you for taking a moment to review our property. I was delighted to read you thoroughly enjoyed you time with us and we have to agree, the outdoor Cleopatra baths overlooking Natadola Bay are sensational.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please don’t hesitate to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will ensure our team takes care of all your needs.

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We spent a week at The Intercontinental Resort, the venue for our daughter's wedding! We had been to Fiji many times, but had not experienced this resort, but had heard many good reports and have to say this resort met and exceeded all expectations.
We had a lagoon suite which was perfect for entertaining friends and also spending quiet time alone. Overlooking the lagoon it was a quiet area of the resort without being too far from all the facilities.
We ate in all the venues, but preferred the grill by the pool as it had a relaxed atmosphere and quite a good selection.
I would recommend that you definitely have at least one night at NAVO Restaurant. Although it can be quite expensive, depending on your selection of food and wine, it is quite special.
The wedding day was sensational, a perfect day. The ceremony was on the Navo Lawn followed by cocktail and then dinner in Navo. It was a day/night more than we had ever wished for.
My favourite spot was by the adults only infinity pool. I would suggest you go to the pool early to get a lounge under the shade of an umbrella as it can get "very hot" in the sun. We often had a snack for lunch by the pool which was always very good.
There are a lot of water activities, kayaks, sail boards, snorkelling, diving, fishing....enough to keep everyone happy.
The resort is on a "white sand beach" Natadola...giving you the option of the beach or the pool!
A group of us also played golf on the Championship course (designed by VJ) and have to say one of if not the best resort course we have played. VERY challenging but beautiful views from every fairway. I would suggest that you play as early as you can to avoid the heat. We had lunch in the golf club restaurant which we all enjoyed very much.
We have travelled extensively but would rate The Intercontinental as the best "resort" we have stayed at and would not hesitate to return.
Thank you to all the wonderful staff who made ur holiday so special!

Room Tip: Our Lagoon Suite was perfect, quiet area, good views, lovely afternoon breeze!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Bula RondaAnn,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, I was delighted to read you had a great time at the wedding and you were able to squeeze in a few treats for yourself as well.
We are so pleased your time with us was everything you wanted and more and certainly agree that an evening of fine-dining at Navo Restaurant is a must-do while you’re here! I have also passed on your great comments to the team who appreciate your positive feedback.

It’s great to hear you will be returning to your home away from home at Natadola Bay, do email me at scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to return and I will ensure our reservations team takes great care of your needs.

Murrieta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I recently just returned from a 10 day trip to Fiji to celebrate our 10 yr wedding anniversary. The resort was wonderful! The service, warmth of the staff and food were wonderful. The amenities were all top notch. I would highly recommend this resort when visiting the main island of Fiji.

Room Tip: We had a beachfront view room. It was great and worth the extra money!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bula Kellie H,

Vinaka for your fantastic review of our resort and the high recommendation! We certainly appreciate your positive feedback. I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments to the team.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to book your next holiday and I will ensure our team takes great care of you.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Situated about 50mins from the airport down the coral coast away from the chaos of the resorts in Denaru. Spectacular setting and well worth the little extra travel. Not being members of "priority rewards club" made the food and beverages very expensive for Fiji, as was any travel arranged by the concierge. Only a limited amount of eating facilities which for longer stays would be a little monotonous. The spa was great and my fiance assures me the treatments were devine.

Overall the staff were friendly and the beachside (swim anytime of the day) setting makes for a lovely place to stay and if you want to stop and drop for a few days it would come recommended. Would we go back - probably.

Tips: - Eat at Navo restaurant (if not booked for weddings) before the sun goes down to make the most of the beautiful sunset, the golf course is stunning and well worth the look - don't be too concerned about losing too many balls as plenty of opportunities to buy them back from the locals (who have set up an enterprising business) along the way, and if you don't like sweet white wine, make sure you bring your own.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms can be a little noisy
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Bulla! My wife and I spent 7 days at the hotel with our 2 children (aged 5yrs and 8 yrs). The location is spectacular and whilst 40+ minutes from Nadi, there were opportunities to visit the nearby local school and village to really experience the Fijian culture (organised via the hotel).

The staff where absolutely wonderful (special mention to 'small/bullet Joe' and 'big Joe" both of whom were great with the kids!) The beach/sand was great and safe to swim at (ie no rips) with stunning crystal blue water. Having a kids pool and separate adults only pool is a good idea - particularly in the high season of school holidays.

It was a very relaxing holiday. Whilst the service was generally very good, there were some occasions where we had to follow up on requests - but this was Fiji and "Fiji time" is part of the culture - even in a 5 start resort!!

We would definitely consider returning - we only wished we had stayed longer!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2526 on the second floor. Room was big enough for the 4 of us (x2 adults) and x2 k...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bula Simon W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. I was pleased to read you enjoyed many aspects of the resort, and certainly agree our Malomalo Primary School and Sanasana Village tours are a fantastic way to experience Fiji’s wonderful culture.

I will also pass on your comments to the team who will love to know they made an impression on you and your children.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our shores once more. Feel free to email me at scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to book your next holiday at Natadola Bay and I will ensure our reservations team takes care of all your booking needs.

Warrnambool, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

We should have done a bit more homework and booked a room onlooking the beach. We overlooked the kids pool which was ok albeit a bit noisy. (as expected from children). The rooms were lovely and clean. Very comfortable beds and linen. We had the air conditioner looked at but it never got really cold.
The food at breakfast was good but not great however we still enjoyed it. We had a private dinner on the beach which was fabulous. Excellent service and food on this evening.
We also had dinner at their " upmarket" restaurant (the name eludes me as I write this review). Excellent food again but their wine prices are horrifically expensive. I really think they need to look at how they price wine at all the venues in the complex as they all too expensive considering you can buy the same wines at about a quarter of the price outside of the resort. Maybe they want you buy cocktails instead!
All in all in was very good experience and we would go back but would book a beachfront room and bring more wine with us.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Bula Steve H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, I was delighted to read you enjoyed our rooms and had the opportunity to experience the warm hospitality and Fijian culture.

Thank you also for your feedback regarding wine prices. While our prices are competitive to many of Fiji’s international resorts, we will continue to review our prices. Unfortunately some costs such as taxes and duty are beyond our control.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me on scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide to book your next holiday and I will ensure our team takes great care of you.

Scott Williams

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!