“The Intercontinental saved our Honeymoon!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Members Get Up to 35% Off
Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Sigatoka
Sydney
“The Intercontinental saved our Honeymoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

The Intercontinental Hotel and especially it's team at the Club, Finau, Jane and Marika saved our Honeymoon after we had a disastrous stay at one of Fiji's highly rated honeymoon Islands where the food was terrible and we had workmen in our room fixing the airconditioning for 3 days straight. It made using the private plunge pool and lounge area very difficult!

So after calling my travel agent in Australia she quickly arranged to get us out of there and where else would we head, the Intercontinental of course!

We were quickly escorted from the vast reception up the hill via buggy to the Club Resort area of the Hotel. The staff were very attentive checking us in and explaining all the services we were about to enjoy. The room was big and clean, with a nice plunge pool and great outdoor bath. The Club pool is great, never crowded and fab views. We enjoyed breakfast in peace and quiet in the Club lounge, then back to our room for a rest, swim then you could have lunch at the Club Lounge or hold out for the superb High Tea served every afternoon. More swimming, resting then cocktails are served in the Club Lounge for 2 hours later afternoon. The buggy would then arrive to take us downstairs for a great dinner or buffet at one of their restaurants.

This trip was last November 2011 and we had already booked to come back here with our children in July 2012 so the staff were fantastic in giving us a buggy tour of all the accommodation choices we had so we were able to make sure we had booked the correct room. We have chosen to stay in the Club area again as we don't mind taking the kids down to the lower section to swim and we have a plunge pool room booked again.

I can also thoroughly recommend the excellent spa, one of the better ones I have enjoyed around the world.

Even though we will have kids in tow I can't wait to enjoy the Intercontinental Team's hospitality again and I look forward to catching up with them all.

See you in July 2012!

Lozzie64

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
General_Manager_Fiji, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Bula vinaka ‘Lozzie64’,

Thank you for your lovely review. We were sorry to read of your experience on the outer islands but were glad to hear our team at Club InterContinental team assisted in making your honeymoon more memorable. Finau, Jane and Marika have received your feedback and they appreciate you taking time to mention them in your review.

A lot of our Club guests appreciate the extra benefits that are included with their stay and we are happy to read you enjoyed the Cocktails and canapés at sunset as well as the high teas in the afternoon.

We’re delighted to hear that you are already booked for a return to our sunny Natadola Bay shores! We look forward to welcoming you all back and please e-mail me directly at scott.williams@ihg.com if you ever need anything more and I will have our great team at reservations take care of your queries. See you then!

1,268 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Korean first
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Stayed at the Club Lounge section of the resort. The staff at the club area were the best in Fiji and probably reason enough to take a relaxing holiday with the kids to Natadola Bay. So friendly, kind, and genuinely concerned with your mental calm while you're there. Great rooms with plunge pool and open-air cleopatra style bath. Anyone thinking about Fiji should book this resort in a hurry. It's new and not likely to stay quiet for much longer! Vinaka!

Room Tip: 2312 Club level
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Bula vinaka ‘Mattynashville’,

Thank you for your review of our resort. We took joy in reading your feedback and were delighted you enjoyed your stay at Club InterContinental. Your comments on our team at Club, as well as the rooms and facilities have been well received.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our Natadola Bay shores and please e-mail me directly at scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide on dates. I will be sure to have your bookings looked after by our great team at reservations.

Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights while we attended a wedding. It is a fabulous resort with a lovely relaxing atmosphere. The family pool was good for the kids, probably a bit shallow for the mums and dads but a great place to hang out and have a drink.
Happy hour in the bar was brilliant and the outlook and beach were the best we saw in Fiji. Food and service were also excellent and even when the rains came they catered for guests with umberellas or golf buggy rides to the main building.
Highly recommend this resort, we would come back again.
My child did leave his DS cover in one of the eating areas and trying to obtain info on lost property was difficult, but this is really only a minor issue overall. The on site ATM machine made it wasy to pay cash is wanting to avoid the 3% credit card surchase that all of Fiji resoirt seem to charge.

Room Tip: The ourdoor sitting area and bath provide an extra room so that you don't feel too confined
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Bula vinaka ‘Spanner2308’,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review. We’re delighted you enjoyed a lovely relaxing atmosphere while staying at our resort and we’re pleased to hear the issues you had while with us were resolved.

We appreciate your high recommendations of our resort and hope to welcome you all back for another holiday. Please keep us in mind when making future vacation plans and e-mail me at scott.williams@ihg.com if you ever decide to return. I will be sure to have your booking needs looked after by our capable team at reservations.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

We stayed in the Club area of the resort. Rooms were lovely - plunge pool and cleopatra bath were very private. Great air conditioning and really good bathrooms, excellent shower pressure. They were very spacious.
There are little buggies that can take you down to the main resort area (normally a 5-10 minute wait) or else it's about a 3 minute walk (downhill/ down stairs)

Having separate adults and family pools in the main hotel area was great.
Reef Safari - the water sports activities office - was brilliant. I did my Advanced Open Water Diving certification and the guys there were fantastic - very knowledgeable and professional, and fabulous dives!

Staff were very accommodating.
Resort offers a lovely trip to Sanasana village which was delightful, what a lovely community village, and also one to the Navo Island that is only several metres across shallow water from the resort.

There is a choice of three restaurants - Navo is very nice. Would have liked a bit more variety at Toba/ Sanasana.

Room Tip: Upgrading to the Club facilities is a good idea - includes a cocktail/canape session each night and...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Bula vinaka ‘kbro3503’,

We took pleasure in reading your review and are delighted you enjoyed your stay at our Club InterContinental. Our Cleopatra baths on the terrace or balcony are features of our rooms that we get many great comments on and we’re pleased you enjoyed them. We hope you tried the Cleopatra bath ritual as well!

We will be passing your positive comments on to our teams at Reef Safari as well as the rest of the team. We will also be using your feedback on our Toba and Sanasana restaurants along with other feedback such as yours to ensure we provide a better dining experience for our guests.

Our Navo cave and Sanasana village tours give our guests insight into the Fijian way of life and culture and we’re always delighted to receive great feedback such as yours. We hope to welcome you back for more of these types of experiences! Please e-mail me directly at scott.williams@ihg.com if you ever decide to return and I will be sure to have your bookings looked after by our great team at reservations.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Let me start by saying that I regularly stay in resort hotels all over the world - One & Only at the Bahamas, Oberoi Mauritius etc, and therefore am quite hard to impress.

We stayed from the 23-27th January this year during the torrential rains and flooding. On one day, the hotel was running with skeleton staff and they still managed to do a fantastic job.

Rooms were beautiful and the resort itself is fantastic. It is clearly the very best Fiji has at the moment. All members of staff - with one exception which I will come to - were absolutely fantastic, all with great attitudes and they did a lot to make our stay fantastic.

We were booked into three of their suites with plunge pools which were lovely rooms, however, one of them did not have a 'grassy' portion with chairs, just a huge swamp of mud which was a disappointment. However, we just used the others rooms when wanting to sun bake a little.

Handling of the flood situation was generally good. My biggest complaint was the attitude of the General Manager, Scott. He seemed to be under an extreme amount of pressure, and I understand why, but he treated me deplorably and severely distorted my view of the entire trip. One one occasion, he told me blatantly that another member of staff was wrong in confirming a helicopter transfer - when in fact, she (Rebecca - who was extremely helpful) had confirmed it. Then on another occasion, when the restaurant, which we were told opened at 5:30 was still closed at 6:00pm, I asked him why there was no available dining outlets on the resort. His reply was "I've spoken to you already today" and I took it to be rude and downright arrogant. At the time, the resort's room service was taking in excess of an hour and a half to be delivered, and one restaurant was totally closed due to the weather situation.

Dining outlets had limited choice - but what they did offer was of a high standard. I did find it rather unsettling that there were children running around in the bar, and a movie was being screened at exceptionally high volume (with nobody watching) and that made it difficult to enjoy a quiet drink.

Overall, it is a beautiful resort. I would certainly not discourage others from spending their holidays there. The attitude of the GM though was truly disappointing and that would prevent me from returning whilst he remained in the position. If you believe you may require the services provided by the GM whilst on holiday - perhaps look to a resort with somebody more accommodating.

Finally, I found the fact that the hotel levied a 3% credit card surcharge to be alarming. They offered options to settle in Cash or by 'Local Access Card' with no fee. It would have been impossible for me to get cash because we could not leave the resort by car at all due to the inclement weather, and at a resort where the clientele are predominately from foreign countries, the "local access card option" seemed to me to be more like an insult than an option. Come on! Anybody who knows a thing or two about credit card processing knows that there is no way the Hotel's bank is charging them 3% to swipe a Mastercard.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
General_Manager_Fiji, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Bula vinaka ‘Hari’,

Thank you for your great comments on our resort and people. We are happy to read that in the majority, you enjoyed your stay with us.

I understand that you were frustrated with the changes we had to make to service times during a challenging time for the resort and all of our employees. I apologize if you felt offended during our conversations and this was certainly not my intention. My priority during the flooding was to ensure the safety, security and care of all of our guests & employees. I feel the team and I did the very best that we could given the circumstances and I am disappointed that our interactions during a difficult time has marred your willingness to return to our resort and led you to write this review.

Regardless, I would welcome the opportunity to have you all back at our Natadola Bay shores for a sunnier stay in the future. Please e-mail me directly at scott.williams@ihg.com if you would like to discuss this matter further.

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012 via mobile

Wow.....I really can,t say enough about the hotel, location and the staff.
Our family of four stayed mid to late January 2012. We ticked all the boxes..... fine dining looking at an amazing sunset, snorkelling on the reef, kayaking, surfing....yes they get waves from time to time, ocean swimming, horse riding on the beach, local village tour, infinity pool, kids pool, crab racing, crab collecting and golf on a world class golf course.
We took a meal package which was good value..the food on the whole was really good with theme nights and a great selection of treats. We always aiimed for a front of restaraunt table...just to maximise the views.
They do a great coffee....a welcome suprise!
The 5 star dining experience is ... unbelievable.....a must do.
We used Planet Trekers ....kids club. It was hard to pick up the kids.....just did not want to leave with us.
The beach is good....... white sand... lots of coral pieces of coral.. you get used to it. Very clean..... Unlike the rest of the bay... lots of natural debris and horse excrement.
In front of the hotel is a reef... very flat and a fun place to take the kids on low tide. You can always find a sandy spot to swim.
The infinity Pool is pretty awesome.... adults only and the kids Pool forour 7year old was really good... lots of kids and activies.The pools are split by a bar and restaraunt...very convenient.
The golf course is world class and a short shuttle ride away.Wow......heaps of reviews on the course.
The rooms where excellent...we had a garden view room close to the beach.I would take it again tomorrow.The beach facing units have spectacular views so if you can grab one do so. All in all a special holiday experience..we loved it and can't wait to get back.

• Stayed January 2012
General_Manager_Fiji, General Manager at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Bula vinaka Stewart,

We were pleased to receive such great feedback and thank you for taking time to write us a review. Our aim is to provide a great resort that guests love and from your review, it looks like we’ve accomplished that with you and your family.

Our teams at Restaurants & Dining will be happy to receive your glowing comments on the food and their service. It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our rooms, our Planet Trekker’s kids club, adult onlty infinity pool as well as our Natadola Bay location. Also wonderful to note you enjoyed the many activities available on the resort as well as the championship Natadola Bay Golf Course.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our resort Stewart, please e-mail me directly at scott.williams@ihg.com when you decide on dates and I will be sure to have our team at Reservations look after your booking.

Kent, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights at the beginning of our trip and it was blissful. The hotel and its grounds are beautiful and the infinity adults only pool by Natadola beach (stunning beach!) is very peaceful. If, like us, you are looking for somewhere to relax and unwind before heading off to busier parts of your trip this is ideal. However, if you are thinking about staying longer I would check what day trips are available as the hotel seemed to be quite far from any other hotels, a town, village etc so there really was not much to do at all. We would recommend going to the village one of the restaurants is named after, Sanasana, for an insight into village life. The villagers are extremely warm and welcoming. The Navo restaurant is very good and the kokoda they serve is delicious. We would happily return here if in the area again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Bula vinaka ‘AdiMD’,

We appreciate you taking time to write us a review and are glad you found your stay blissful.

Since your stay in March 2011, our Recreations team has launched an exciting daily activities schedule that we now distribute at Concierge. We’ve also launched a dedicated Activities Channel on the televisions in-room that outlines activities available for each day. The Malomalo Primary School tour is still an integral part of our “In the know” experiences as we try to share the Fijian way of life with our guests.

Please e-mail me at scott.williams@ihg.com if you ever decide to return and I will be sure to have our team at Reservations take care of your bookings. We look forward to sharing more experiences with you here at Natadola Bay.

Scott Williams

Been to InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!