“Great local restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 71 Restaurants in Nadi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
“Great local restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Loveley food and nice staff. It doesn't look amazing but it's sure worth visiting. We had the chicken and beef curry.

Visited June 2014

Bribie Island, Australia
“Enormous Serves”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

For the first time, strangely, I had regular Fish n Chips. I LOVE Tu's Place and have been coming here for years, but altho the portions were enormous, the salads divine and the chips nice and chunky, the batter was a bit soggy and the fish a bit dry. This is the 'first' time I have not been 100% impressed with the food but it was still excellent value for money. Actually it could easily have fed 2 x people. Tomato Sauce and Aoli were served along side. The Aoli was divine. Altho this was my first time back in just under a year, the staff remembered me and that is a nice touch.

So my HUGE plate was $22 Fijian. Was nice to see another Fijian couple (daughter and older mother) dining there, too.

I shall return of course, before I leave Fiji, but will this time most likely go for the Kokoda which is the best I have tasted in Fiji.

Bula Vinaka Tu's Place.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bangkok, Thailand
“Mixed results”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Went to Tu's Place recently on the recommendation of several others. Four people in our group and all ordered fish (but different dishes). Three of the four raved about the food. Unfortunately, I was the "odd man out" having ordered traditional fish and chips, which I was not that impressed with. Not much flavor and rather dry. I requested tartar sauce and the waitress simply pointed out that they provide tomato catsup and mustard. As many others have stated, servings are very generous; most of us were unable to eat everything provided. Very friendly service and nice atmosphere. The menu offers a good mix of Fijian dishes, with some European and Thai additions. Good cold beer at reasonable prices.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Auckland
“Good local eating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Food was tasty with probably too big portions! Menu is predominantly Fijian, which is what we wanted although there are some English options and Thai influences. Good value aswell - around FJ$100 for two wines, two beers and two courses for two people. Would eat here again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Helsinki, Finland
“Real food for your heart and soul!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

We ate at this restaurant 2 nights in a row. We had not read about it in advance but our hotel manager recommended the place for us . The food was excellent! Really big portions and really tasty! We could not eat everything but they offered leftovers to go. Nice! The service was really good and friendly. Considering the quality of the food we thought the price was good, we payed about 50 fiji dollars for 2 mains, beer and coke. Will go back next time we're in Nadi!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere