“Not an enjoyable day time stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel

You added Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel to your Saves list
Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13 Wasawasa Road | Wailoaloa Beach, Nadi Bay, Nadi, Viti Levu, Fiji   |
Special Offer
THE BUZZ
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Nadi
Calgary, Canada
“Not an enjoyable day time stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

After flying for 12 hours from North America, we had a 17 hour layover in Fiji and were looking for a nice relaxing place to enjoy the scenery before flying on to Australia. We were nervous about leaving Nadi, so we booked at Smugglers. The reception was very confused by our reservation so I ended up having to pay for it again (which I had to clear up a month later when we got home) and the breakfast was not very welcoming. The water levels must have been high because there was no beach and so we ended up looking for a tour to do.
The tour desk was very helpful and booked us with a private driver to take us to the same places as the tour would have (for 1/4 of the cost). The massage we received from the spa at Smugglers when we returned was high intensity, but our beds were comfortable and we enjoyed a short nap. Cocktail hour was reasonably priced and the shrimp were HUGE in the shrimp cocktail we ordered!
I will not be staying here again, but met up with people at cocktail hour that have been coming here for years.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
townsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stayed here last year with a group of women for a week and came back last week with my husband. Very enjoyable both times. Both stays in waterfront rooms with balcony. The views are great and staff very friendly. I love the mix of ages that stay here and everyone has a good time.

Room Tip: Unless you are a backpacker staying in the dorm, pay the extra and stay in the waterfront balcony.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

having a great time in smugglers. all the staff was very nice friendly helpful and always with a big BULA. especially thanks to Alrishma. thanks very much for helping me to book all the tours and giving me a lot of help and useful infromation which make my trip in fiji more convenient and fun. a big VINAKA to you my lovely sis Alrishma. hope to see you again next time when i come back. you are going to be the most important reason for coming back fiji for me.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Me and my brother spent a week at Smugglers Cove and truly enjoyed every bit of it. Amazingly situated location just near the beach is perfect for lazy days. Definitely suggesting this place to everyone who wants to have a relaxation and also adventurous vacation. But, what really made our trip double satisfying and fun was the amazing staff, especially our tour planner,
ARISHMA PRASAD. She was really friendly, helpful, fun to talk, cute and caring :) Our trip wouldn't have been so much fun without her help. So definitely, visit her at her desk and let her help you organize your time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This place is not your typical backpackers. It is in a great location on the beach. The bar downstairs has a great atmosphere. I can see that it could get quite noisy on busy nights and if you had an ocean view room, as these would be closest to the bar area. The rooms are very basic , but as expected in this price point. Overall i was really pleased with the one night i spent at this resort, and would definitely recommend it to others.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My husband and I have stayed here for one week, leaving in the morning and highly recommend this resort for backpackers, family or retirees. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, the food is excellent and the views are lovely across Nadi Bay. We had a pleasurable week, seeing the sights and the staff were very helpful with our questions.

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs in a room with a double bed and we had no view but we didnt mind because the view...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Smugglers C, Public Relations Manager at Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for this wonderful feedback from your recent visit at Smugglers Cove Beach Resort, Fiji. I am delighted to hear that different aspects of our services and surroundings made such a positive impression on you, during your stay.
I will make sure your kind review is shared among our team and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family to our resort in future .
Vinaka
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

It was called a Premium Garden Room, and the photo showed 2 double beds. What we got was up a flight of steps, a bunk bed, iron bars over the windows that looked over the carpark. When I queried I was informed that I had the right room. No hot water in the shower, no sheet on the top bunk. And the place was grubby. Worst room I have stayed in ever. The one point comes from the nice Fijians who picked us up at the airport after our late arrival. The location is great, so I could only recommend for dorms.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!