I did not have high expectations when going to stay here but I could have and would have left feeling fine. Upon arrival the staff was very friendly, personable, and willing to go above and beyond answering questions and providing information. This place is known as a hostel but it does not feel like one. It is VERY clean and classy.
The rooms (though 34 to a room) felt "homey" with every four bunks somewhat grouped and separated. The guy above me was snoring but after a gently nudge to the bottom of his bed he seemed to stop. I would definitely recommend bringing ear plugs.
They had the main light on when we were going to bed (early for a 4 am wake-up call and only noticed one or two other people lying down). When I asked about what time it goes off she went right over and shut it off for me. Each bed has its own light switch which was convenient (though potentially annoying to someone across the way trying to sleep). Sleep with your head to the light and you should alleviate being annoyed by someone else's.
We were able to enjoy a free show fire dancers. Though they did mess up a number of times it really is incredible skill they possess. They are very entertaining, engaging, and fun!
I did not get a chance the try the food as I had to get to the airport at 5 am. The prices are a bit high but the food I saw other people eating looked fantastic. I saw a lot of kids around and it did seem to be family friendly (probably with the private rooms of course).
I cannot speak to the individual rooms, but I am impressed with the dorms and would stay again. On a side note, I am here in Fiji volunteering for three months and when they found that out they gave our group an additional 10% off. Yet another reason to stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smugglers Cove is a newly built 3 1/2 star rated beachfront resort centrally located on renowned Wailoaloa Beach at Nadi Bay & a comfortable 15 minutes drive from Nadi International Airport, Port Denarau Marina & Nadi Town. The popular Ghost Ship Bar & Grill offers great local & international fare at reasonable prices along with stunning sunsets and ocean views from the beachfront deck dining area. If you are looking for suitable Nadi accommodation that has a fun, inter-cultural atmosphere along with clean comfortable rooms and Free High Speed Wi-Fi Smugglers Cove really is the place to be....... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Expedia, Agoda, HostelBookers and Hotels.com so you can book your Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smugglers Cove Beach Resort And Hotel
- Smugglers Cove Beach Hotel Nadi
- Smugglers Cove Beach Nadi
- Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel Fiji/Nadi